• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Speaking of old skool WCW. Last weekend I fired up that WCW Super Brawl on SNES. Its like very shallow version of Fire Pro with like 12 wrestlers. Roster is pretty good for WCW standards at the time. Sting, Vader, Johnny B Badd, Pillman, Steiners, Flair, Steamboat, Rick Rude, Goldust and Barry Windham. Couldn't figure out how to do a special move for the life of me....same with the WWF Genesis games. Have no idea on how to do the special moves because I am used to playing on an SNES game pad.

Zach

I get why they dropped them. The whole point of COTC was to do a big, PPV style event for months without PPVs. When you have a PPV every month, the concept becomes outdated.

Also, didn't Thunder start up? Or was about to begin?

Speaking of old skool WCW. Last weekend I fired up that WCW Super Brawl on SNES. Its like very shallow version of Fire Pro with like 12 wrestlers. Roster is pretty good for WCW standards at the time. Sting, Vader, Johnny B Badd, Pillman, Steiners, Flair, Steamboat, Rick Rude, Goldust and Barry Windham. Couldn't figure out how to do a special move for the life of me....same with the WWF Genesis games. Have no idea on how to do the special moves because I am used to playing on an SNES game pad.

Hey! That has nothing to do with the WWE Network! Get out of this thread!

I used to lust for that game in my local video game rental store. It was actually within a grocery store and my mom would go shopping and I would just peruse games and repeatedly look at the case for SuperBrawl, longingly. >_>

strobogo

Banned
Also, didn't Thunder start up? Or was about to begin?

Hey! That has nothing to do with the WWE Network! Get out of this thread!

I used to lust for that game in my local video game rental store. It was actually within a grocery store and my mom would go shopping and I would just peruse games and repeatedly look at the case for SuperBrawl, longingly. >_>

Thunder started January 1998. There had been fewer Clashes each year for like 3 years before. I don't think Thunder had much to do with it.

Fox Mulder

ATM, I will not be re-upping when my six months is over with and they recently got me back to watching the WWE after not watching it for about 10 years. I'm sure there a lot more people like me.

I also started watching again because of the network. I might keep it going depending on a price hike. I don't have cable so it's not that much money, can provide impulse stuff to watch, and there's ppvs.

I'm not really shocked they're having issues with subs after WM, that's the logical time it would have sold the most to anyone interested in it.

It needs to succeed though, as this is the future.

strobogo

Banned
No one knows that they're having issues with subs slowing down or being cancelled. It's 100% speculation based just on them offering gift cards for referrals. Netflix and Hulu have done similar things, usually for a free month or something. It's just one person let his mind run and then it gets taken as fact for no reason.

Kru

Gods of Wrestle-gaf, hear my plea!

I am currently in the UK, attempting to use Unblock-US with WWE network.
However, i cannot even subscribe to wwe network at all.

From WWE.COM every link to sign up, leads me to wwe.com/shows/howtowatch

Which has instructions for various devices on how to begin watching, but in order to do
any of these things, i first need to subscribe, but i cant because there is no sign up
available to me.

I am using the website with unblock-us on just to make sure i'm treated as a US customer.

but this is what WWE.COM looks like for me atm.

okthenktph2.jpg

Notice there is no sign up in the top right, just a logo for wwe payback.
Not that it would matter, it seems all links take me straight to the how to watch page.

Any help on the matter would be great thanks.

Kru

ALL links redirect to

WWE.com/shows/howtowatch

I have tried numerous browsers (chrome firefox, and internet explorer), a different computer, and now my ps3.
I am on my unblock dns, my account is a US account, and its still not working.

I guess twas not meant to be.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ALL links redirect to

WWE.com/shows/howtowatch

I have tried numerous browsers (chrome firefox, and internet explorer), a different computer, and now my ps3.

Stupid question, but have you restarted since using unblock?

Aiii

So not worth it
ALL links redirect to

WWE.com/shows/howtowatch

Definitely has to be a settings issue, you should be getting the signup page from the screencrap, I am and I am in the Netherlands on Unblock.

Hasney

Just noticed I'm being redirected as well using unblock from the sign up page. Hola works though, which makes sense as unblock-us probably isn't geared for the sign up page.

Looks like they're cracking down on international sign ups. Or at least from the UK, probably pressure from Sky.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Meh update:

Legends House
Viva Las Vegas - 2014/05/08
In Ring
Raw Backstage Pass
CHANGED - Backstage Pass to Raw #1093 - 2014/05/04
Wwe Main Event Replays
CHANGED - Episode 84 - 2014/05/05
Uncategorized
CHANGED - Pre-Show to Raw #1093 - 2014/05/05

Mafro

ALL links redirect to

WWE.com/shows/howtowatch

Have you added a US address and telephone number on your account? The option to sign up didn't appear for me until I did that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today's update:

In Ring
Raw Replays
Episode 60 - 1994/04/25
Episode 62 - 1994/05/09
Episode 63 - 1994/05/16
Smackdown Replays
Episode 86 - 2001/04/12
WWE PPVs
Extreme Rules
CHANGED - WWE Extreme Rules 2014 - 2014/05/04

Do they have the raws when hbk was doing red-hot promo's almost every week (talking roughly june 1997-march 1998)?

So hyped for this to arrive in the UK.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do they have the raws when hbk was doing red-hot promo's almost every week (talking roughly june 1997-march 1998)?

They're building to it. Releasing Raws on a regular schedule should have them coming soon, it'll be exciting to watch it as it happens, so to speak. Won't take long to hit that timeframe.

strobogo

Banned

Oh boy are you going to be in for a surprise when you realize those red-hot promos were actually pilled up ramblings that would go on until HBK would be losing his voice, yet didn't actually say anything. HBK/Hogan's forever promos in 1997 are THE WORST.

Rapstah

Is Royal Rumble 2006 broken for everyone? It just plays the content warning for five seconds and then stops before loading the actual video.

Edit: huh, now this happens with every video for me. Weird!

Rapstah

Shit, all videos work in Internet Explorer but nothing loads in Chrome even after I deleted what I think were all WWE-related cookies (I had to log in again). Any ideas?

strobogo

Banned
Shit, all videos work in Internet Explorer but nothing loads in Chrome even after I deleted what I think were all WWE-related cookies (I had to log in again). Any ideas?

Just keep using IE. IE is the only browser I haven't had any problems with in weeks.

Rapstah

Which 1994 WWF Superstars would have appeared on that Raw tape? I bet it's just Lex Luger and the 1-2-3 Kid for the entire tape.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mini update today:
This Week In Wwe
Episode 276 - 2014/05/10

RP912

Banned
I hope WWE Network puts up their old video game VHS tapes.

WWF_VHS.png

yC4f5u4.jpg

They should just go full nostalgia and put commercials for wrestling buddies, promos for ppvs, and etc.

I'm kinda tired of seeing the same out the vault videos like warrior and andre the giant confrontation.

WWE Network is airing In Your House: Cold Day in Hell from May 11, 1997 tonight at 8pm. 17 years ago today.

Watch Ken Shamrock fuck up Vader because he didn't know how to work his stuff yet.

strobogo

Banned
WWE Network is airing In Your House: Cold Day in Hell from May 11, 1997 tonight at 8pm. 17 years ago today.

Watch Ken Shamrock fuck up Vader because he didn't know how to work his stuff yet.

That match was intentionally stiff. Shamrock was a pro wrestler before a fighter. He knew how to work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today's update is that piece of shit Slam City.
Original
Slam City
Battle for the Streets - 2014/05/11
The Finisher - 2014/05/11
Surround Pound and Stadium Pt 2 - 2014/05/11
Sundae in the Park With Punk - 2014/05/11

Rapstah

Hey, look, you can search for "WWF" and find the matches they misnamed:
  • Regal/Rikishi at Judgment Day 2001
  • Bret Hart/Diesel at King of the Ring 1994
  • Mr. Perfect/Bret Hart at SummerSlam 1991
  • Nasty Boyz/LOD at SummerSlam 1991
  • Sycho Sid/Diesel at In Your House 1
  • MSG March 17th 1975

You'd think they'd have done a quick find-and-replace before putting them up there.

Top Bottom