• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Original
Wwe Beyond The Ring
Evolution of a Predator - 2011/09/06

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Raw Replays
Episode 67 - 1994/06/20
Episode 430 - 2001/08/20
Smackdown Replays
Episode 121 - 2001/12/13

Nice to see another 01 Smackdown. Anyone know what's special about that one?

It wasn't just the Philly fans, but the whole fan base wherever they ran. They'd always mark out for whatever WWF/WCW guy was floating through for a weekend.

I think that has more to do with that the ECW smarks always appreciated established legendary characters with lots of charisma. If The Undertaker made an appearance in ECW circa 97 hed be over as fuk. Just look how over Kurt Angle was in his match with Randy Orton in the Hammerstein on ONS.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today's update:

Vault
Legends Of Wrestling
Rivalries I - 2007/03/31
In Ring
Raw Replays
Episode 68 - 1994/06/26
Episode 69 - 1994/07/03
Raw Backstage Pass
Backstage Pass to Raw #1095 - 2014/05/18

Son Of D

Oh God, Over the Limit 2011 is on. Those were some dark times.

Wasn't watching WWE at the time. What was so bad about the event? I saw that the main event was Cena vs Miz in an I Quit match so that being crap is self explanatory.

Been meaning to ask this as well actually. As someone who hasn't seen much of WCW I thought I'd see what I missed. Is it best to start from the beginning of the PPVs or shall I start at a specific year/event? I know 1999/2000 is usually a stopping point.

LordK

Mmm. I'm waiting for the attitude era raws to show up. Is there a master list of the raws currently available for viewing?

Wasn't watching WWE at the time. What was so bad about the event? I saw that the main event was Cena vs Miz in an I Quit match so that being crap is self explanatory.

Been meaning to ask this as well actually. As someone who hasn't seen much of WCW I thought I'd see what I missed. Is it best to start from the beginning of the PPVs or shall I start at a specific year/event? I know 1999/2000 is usually a stopping point.

The entire match waz Miz and Alex Riley beating the shit out of Cena then Cena all of a sudden hulked up and won.

RP912

Banned
2011 was a weird time for the wwe. The miz was champion, r truth was main eventing a ppv (I like truth and loved that heel push), and punk lost his damn mind.

You would have thought wwe was going into a different era with all of these shenanigans.

2011 was a weird time for the wwe. The miz was champion, r truth was main eventing a ppv (I like truth and loved that heel push), and punk lost his damn mind.

You would have thought wwe was going into a different era with all of these shenanigans.
All three of these got me to pay attention a little more again, at least. R-Truth was so fucking good. I had no idea he could be so good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All three of these got me to pay attention a little more again, at least. R-Truth was so fucking good. I had no idea he could be so good.

It's true. He was great. Said all the right things, was fun to watch and so interesting. Shame it didn't go anywhere really, but "crazy and unhinged angry R-Truth" was by far the best R-Truth

RP912

Banned
It's true. He was great. Said all the right things, was fun to watch and so interesting. Shame it didn't go anywhere really, but "crazy and unhinged angry R-Truth" was by far the best R-Truth

If only truth didn't break that wellness policy we would have more godtier promos and a longer run with awesome truth.

I loved that tag team...I wished they would have put christian in the team and made the disgruntled workers faction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l7y7-ZwAtI

this segment= GOAT

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
The entire match waz Miz and Alex Riley beating the shit out of Cena then Cena all of a sudden hulked up and won.

To be fair, there is half your problem right there. Miz should never be anywhere near a main event again.
Think about it, Miz and Cena. I'm surprised it didn't drive wrestling fans to suicide.

Every episode from January 1993-the start of June 1994.

Almost on dat Diesel power time.

Last night I watched a good match with Mr Perfect vs Daimen Demento. Daimen pulled this awful character off pretty good. He legit looks like a demented psycho with his talking to himself in the ring.

Though the worst character is Friar Fergusen. WTF was Vince thinking? To make matters worse he cut himself shaving and wore a bandaid to the ring. Fucking lol.

strobogo

Banned
Almost on dat Diesel power time.

Last night I watched a good match with Mr Perfect vs Daimen Demento. Daimen pulled this awful character off pretty good. He legit looks like a demented psycho with his talking to himself in the ring.

Though the worst character is Friar Fergusen. WTF was Vince thinking? To make matters worse he cut himself shaving and wore a bandaid to the ring. Fucking lol.

If you think Friar is bad, just wait until he redebuts as Bastian Booger. Infinitely worse.

Man, crazy R-Truth was the best. Pretty bummed out that it ended so quickly. I wonder if he could have gotten a championship belt at one point. He is getting older and I don't see him doing anything other than jobbing to Rusev anytime soon.

Poor Miz, though.

If you think Friar is bad, just wait until he redebuts as Bastian Booger. Infinitely worse.

I actually found Booger to be entertaining in a strange way
Guy was no doubt terrible in the ring though and disgusting to look at.

Im looking forward to those 96 RAWS. That's where the product started to get a bit dark and risky. Its when WWF started to recognize WCW/NWO.

I actually believed that Kevin Nash and Scott Hall were going to return as Diesel and Razor. Watching the NWO documentary Hall says that there was something in the contract that could have made it possible to return, so they signed another bigger contract with no loops the Monday before JR brought out Kane and the fake Razor.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, crazy R-Truth was the best. Pretty bummed out that it ended so quickly. I wonder if he could have gotten a championship belt at one point. He is getting older and I don't see him doing anything other than jobbing to Rusev anytime soon.

Poor Miz, though.

i6LxZzYM1XI9o.gif

RP912

Banned

Poor Miz, though.

I really wanted them to have a tag title reign for a bit :(...so much chemistry with them its not even funny.

Miz was one of those guys who improved very quickly and was really handling everything well, then he just stopped trying.

Miz is kind of underrated if you look past his shitty time nowadays. Dude is a good worker and can have a good match from time to time. His run in 2011 was so missed than hit because of the damn rock/cena build up. The wwe treated him like a third wheel during that whole buildup. I wish they could have done something different than buried his momentum.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
5/22's update:

Original
Legends House
L.A.A.R.P.ING - 05/22/2014
In Ring
Raw Backstage Pass
CHANGED - Backstage Pass to Raw #1095 - 05/19/2014
Uncategorized
CHANGED - Pre-Show to Raw #1095 - 05/18/2014
Wwe Main Event Replays
CHANGED - Episode 86 - 05/20/2014
Smackdown Replays
Shield-nanigans - 03/06/2014
Believe In Kane - 03/13/2014
Wwe Nxt
Episode 222 - 05/21/2014
Wwe Superstars
Episode 267 - 05/22/2014

5/23's Update:
In Ring
Raw Replays
Episode 70 - 07/11/1994
Episode 71 - 07/18/1994
Episide 72 - 07/25/1994
Occupy Raw - 03/09/2014
Smackdown Replays
The Wrath of Kane - 03/20/2014
Whos Sorry Now? - 03/27/2014

Will they ever put up those old episodes of WWF Superstars, WWF Challenge and Prime Time Wrestling? ......dare I even say WWF Mania and Livewire?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Your subscription will expire on Friday, October 24, 2014.

How is this going to happen/work when I pay for my sub the 1st of each month? This month is 31 days, so it's not that. That wouldn't add up anyway.

I was looking at paypal. I started my trial the 23rd or 24th. Are they including that week in the 6 months?

Edit: According to the terms of service, they shouldn't be. ""Your subscription period begins on the date on which you make your first payment for your paid subscription to WWE Network and ends six months later."

They be trying to swindle me out of Hell in a Cell on Oct 26th. Hell nah.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In Ring
Raw Replays
Episode 73 - 08/01/1994

darkbanjo

Glad to see a ton of '94 stuff going up this week. I've been clearing through it. One hour makes for a really concise show. Makes me wonder what Raw would be like if it was split into three behind the scenes, so separate teams could just focus on making one great hour of television a week. Logistical nightmare aside, I think it would make things better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Original
This Week In Wwe
Episode 278 - 05/24/2014

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In Ring
Raw Backstage Pass
Backstage Pass to Raw #1096 - 05/26/2014
In Ring
Uncategorized
Pre-Show to Raw #1096 - 05/26/2014
Original
Wwe Beyond The Ring
The Top 25 Rivalries - 05/27/2013

Note: Top 25 Rivalries is a good watch. Not perfect but a good piece of content.

Hasney

Watching Rivalries now. Only at 24 and already happy with Renee in leather pants and 24 being
Sabu V Taz

Like the format of just talking to one guy who enjoyed the rivalry too rather than the multitude of talking heads on the regular countdown.

Top Bottom