• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Roadblock: End of the Line |OT| : End of the Thread Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Wrestlemania season coming up marks, cant have no indie fat guy holding the belt. That guy on Smackdown with the lady hair and name (AJ? wasnt that CM Punk's girlfriend?) is next on the chopping block, dont you worry.

#bestforbusiness
Taker's getting AJ's title, isn't he? Ugh.
I guess it's either him or Cena. Some part-timer at any rate.

Shame about Owens.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Taker's getting AJ's title, isn't he? Ugh.
I guess it's either him or Cena. Some part-timer at any rate.

Shame about Owens.

Baron Corbin

you know its true

Aiii

So not worth it
Something tells me this is what they're going for...
hqdefault.jpg

And there is your Mania program, lads. Enjoy it.

UberTag

Baron Corbin

you know its true
The Mania card is going to be some unwatchable disaster with a bunch of part-timer retread matches, "make these guys look strong" matches featuring the likes of Reigns / Strowman / Corbin / Lesnar / Big Cass / Triple H / Goldberg / Undertaker (but sadly not Rusev because he has a hot wife) and a bunch of multi-man matches with "WrestleMania moments" for everyone else.

I had to laugh when people tried to suggest Owens vs. Jericho for the title at Mania with a straight face.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Something tells me this is what they're going for...
hqdefault.jpg

And there is your Mania program, lads. Enjoy it.

This is my thinking too, but why Roman? The booking makes no sense (even by WWE standards) and both guys would be so exposed unless they had Roman doing the job like Brock.

I fear for Sami. I fell he's not one bad booking mistake away from reaching Neville levels of irrelevancy.

He got close for the few months surrounding Summer Slam but the build up this match has been good and Sami can get murdered in this match without looking bad. I have to keep the belief alive that I think Sami will at some point in time become the world champion, but it's going to take a lot of "underdog" (read jobber) booking to get him there. He's got everything he needs to be a top, cleancut babyface in the company, the biggest problem is that WWE doesn't really know how to book clean cut babyfaces

Roman isn't winning the title but they'll pull some shit where he wins by DQ so he wins but doesn't take the belt. That way they work towards a Jericho-Rollins-Owens-Reigns fatal four way for the rumble.

I fear for Sami. I fell he's not one bad booking mistake away from reaching Neville levels of irrelevancy.
Tonight will basically be him getting the shit kicked out of him but he's such a plucky underdog he will last the ten minutes and prove himself. It's not much but it's miles better then Neville who isn't involved with the division he'd be perfect for.

Marvel

could never
Angry Sami is the best man, he slapped the taste out of Neville in NXT back in the day and this past Raw with Mick made himself look great again.

Watch em fuck it up and have him lose. Although being honest Braun is improving and can talk quite well for a big guy really growing on me tbh.

Angry Sami is the best man, he slapped the taste out of Neville in NXT back in the day and this past Raw with Mick made himself look great again.

Watch em fuck it up and have him lose. Although being honest Braun is improving and can talk quite well for a big guy really growing on me tbh.
He sounds just like Hogan at times which fucks with my head when's he talking.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Roman isn't winning the title but they'll pull some shit where he wins by DQ so he wins but doesn't take the belt. That way they work towards a Jericho-Rollins-Owens-Reigns fatal four way for the rumble.

Tonight will basically be him getting the shit kicked out of him but he's such a plucky underdog he will last the ten minutes and prove himself. It's not much but it's miles better then Neville who isn't involved with the division he'd be perfect for.

Neville is injured btw, his ankles are fucked

orioto

Good Art™

I'd be ok with that fatal four way.

i'm surprised everyone seems to think (at 411 mania) Reigns is winning, but.. i don't know. I don't feel that in the way they built it. If Reigns is winning the title it has to be huge. Not like that, with not that much of a story or build, i don't think so.

But i'll still be scared for Owens. At least the match is open for once (We knew Rollins had no chance). That's the most important factor to make a match entertaining after all!

I'd be ok with that fatal four way.

i'm surprised everyone seems to think (at 411 mania) Reigns is winning, but.. i don't know. I don't feel that in the way they built it. If Reigns is winning the title it has to be huge. Not like that, with not that much of a story or build, i don't think so.

This would be Reign's FOURTH world title if he wins tonight. He went over HHH for the title at mania, where he was allowed to spear Stephanie.

The time for a 'big rub' for Roman has passed.

UberTag

Time for new day to drop the belts surely ��
They've broken the silly record. Of course, they'll drop the belts in the first match they have afterwards. It would be shocking for this NOT to happen.

Reigns doesn't even have the balls to put his belt up. Embarrassing.
I love how the Roadblock graphic at the top of this thread and on WWE.com doesn't even have Reigns with his title belt. Shows how irrelevant it is.

Reigns doesn't even have the balls to put his belt up. Embarrassing.

This just means Kevin will win.

Unless they do a damn non-finish, in which case both titles could have been put up. Its funny because this just makes people hate roman even more, because he has the US title and doesn't do shit with it, yet puts himself into the main event.

I cant tell if this means they gave up on getting him liked and just want to run with him anyway, or If they somehow think he's coming off as likeable for facing a jerk like Owens

UberTag

This just means Kevin will win.

Unless they do a damn non-finish, in which case both titles could have been put up. Its funny because this just makes people hate roman even more, because he has the US title and doesn't do shit with it, yet puts himself into the main event.

I cant tell if this means they gave up on getting him liked and just want to run with him anyway, or If they somehow think he's coming off as likeable for facing a jerk like Owens
The WWE doesn't know how to book a face that isn't thrust upon them like Daniel Bryan was.
Just look at the programs with Rollins, Enzo and Cass, Ziggler... pretty much every face is booked to behave like an absolute jackass.

Anth0ny

roman is taking the belt off owens because owens/jericho will be the program going into rumble and mania and it doesn't need the belt. i expect jericho to come down and try to help but owens loses anyways. pretty much a repeat of the raw match a couple of weeks ago. spins off the owens/jericho feud and now reigns has two belts like that connor mcgergor guy

somedevil

roman is taking the belt off owens because owens/jericho will be the program going into rumble and mania and it doesn't need the belt. i expect jericho to come down and try to help but owens loses anyways. pretty much a repeat of the raw match a couple of weeks ago. spins off the owens/jericho feud and now reigns has two belts like that connor mcgergor guy

I don't get the double belt thing because Rollins already did it before Conor did. Plus Conor doesn't have both belts anymore.

If Reigns wins the title tonight it's not because fucking Conor McGregor had two belts for a very brief period of time.

I feel like that rumor started with Dave, and I'm not even sure he was serious when he said it.

A Smackdown match better main event Mania. Taker vs AJ, AJ vs Cena or Taker vs Cena or somehow a triple-threat are all bigger money matches then anything that could come from Raw, but I'm sure HHH is expecting a ratings pop when he finally returns to TV.

Cena should win the rumble and challenge AJ for the belt to tie Flair's record and also beat the man who beat him clean.

cordy

Banned
Oh yeah, Charlotte's getting that belt back tonight because of that "undefeated in a PPV single's match" thing they got going on. I forgot about that.

UberTag

A Smackdown match better main event Mania. Taker vs AJ, AJ vs Cena or Taker vs Cena or somehow a triple-threat are all bigger money matches then anything that could come from Raw, but I'm sure HHH is expecting a ratings pop when he finally returns to TV.
Expecting a ratings pop? You mean a DESIGNED ratings pop because Monday Night Football is in the books for another year.

I expect to see Triple H on Monday, January 2nd.

Oh yeah, Charlotte's getting that belt back tonight because of that "undefeated in a PPV single's match" thing they got going on. I forgot about that.
Booking around pointless streaks and records is the only storytelling the WWE does any more.

Charlotte better not get the belt back if only because it devalues Sasha in the sense that she can never successfully defend

Sasha is gonna lose .50/50 booking friend, no one gets over

50/50 booking is why I don't watch weekly anymore, there is barely any excitement in the show. Also having non-title matches between the #1 contender to a belt and the champion every week kills it too

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Sami and Strowman are two of my favorite acts on Raw these days. If they can come out of this match with both of them looking good that's a win/win for me.

How the fuck aren't both titles on the line. Makes zero sense.

Little hype for Roadblock but maybe some of the matches will be interesting. Kinda wondering if Triple H will show up to screw Rollins in some way.

FDC1

Agreed we're not getting a clean result tonight but not about the fatal 4 way. They want a stacked Rumble, they will not "spend" 4 big names in the title match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom