• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-men Fans rejoice! New video interview re: PSP version

GCQuinton

My comic history's kinda rusty, but aren't Cable and X-Man the same person but from different timelines (Nathan Summers/Grey)?

GCQuinton said:
My comic history's kinda rusty, but aren't Cable and X-Man the same person but from different timelines (Nathan Summers/Grey)?

Yup, totally different powerset though.

cable.jpg

Cable

thighup.gif

X-Man

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Geez, it's looking really good running on the PSP. I've got too many other games that come first on my buy list, but this is looking mighty tempting.

No, their powers are the same. Telekenesis and telepathy. Cable is just always using his to keep the technoorganic virus from eating him alive. XMan is just a lab experiment gone awry in the Age of Apocalypse. He has Cables powers but they are so far out of control its killing him.

But it has been ten years since i read that stuff.

PhoncipleBone said:
No, their powers are the same. Telekenesis and telepathy. Cable is just always using his to keep the technoorganic virus from eating him alive. XMan is just a lab experiment gone awry in the Age of Apocalypse. He has Cables powers but they are so far out of control its killing him.

But it has been ten years since i read that stuff.

You're right mostly. They have the same beginning set but as you said Cable's were neutered having to hold back the techno-virus while Nathan's (X-man) are fully developed.

In game that translates into completely different power sets like I said. Its hard to scoop me on comic geekdom.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Probably pick this one up today in time for the commute home. The latest GS preview sound very satisfied with the translation to the PSP.

The game is pretty much a perfect port of the console version. It has all the modes and features as well as four additional playable characters and nine comic book missions not found in the console versions. Frame rate is lower than the console version but you can make it silky smooth by overclocking it. Even if you can't do that, the framerate isn't really an issue. I'm completely amazed at this game running on the PSP.

Top Bottom