• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '11 Pre-season tournament: Because we need something to do

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
What are you talking about? He's got so much damn swagger!
2lv0mro.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The fuck is going on here? I said Eli yes but I have not named my price!

The fact is, IRL Eli throws a beautiful deep ball. In Madden land Jason Campbell throws a better one, meanwhile he has never thrown deeper than 20 yards in his life.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
The fuck is going on here? I said Eli yes but I have not named my price!

The fact is, IRL Eli throws a beautiful deep ball. In Madden land Jason Campbell throws a better one, meanwhile he has never thrown deeper than 20 yards in his life.

What? Eli has never thrown farther than Campbell that I've seen. That Monday night Eagles game in Campbell's first full season as starter he (over)threw Santana Moss 70 yards downfield.

Rorschach

I'm home for a bit here. Wanted to say I'll be back tomorrow unless one of you wanted to play a game immediately. I'll be available for both tomorrow evening, though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I'm home for a bit here. Wanted to say I'll be back tomorrow unless one of you wanted to play a game immediately. I'll be available for both tomorrow evening, though.
Let's go.

Edit:
Actually scratch that, I don't have the time either. Tomorrow I should be around all day.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Rooooo-oooors. Come out to plaaaa-aaaay.
Sorry, I should have specified Left Coast time when I said "tomorrow evening." :(

I'll be around the rest of the night, I think. There may be a pause mid-game if it's before 7:30 PST, but after that, I'm way free!

daw840

Wellington said:
GG. That was some insane scoring.

Good luck to anyone that has to play Rors in the franchise. Can't pass to your #1 or #2 WRs because of Asomugha and Johnson. Johnson especially. 76 OVR, 85 MCV, 67 PRS, but 97 SPD. Hard to defend EA on the "speed is the only thing that matters" issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmNAx9Ut75U

All of Rors' defenders do this shit. Always right there, step for step, it's fucking infuriating!:lol

Rorschach

It's not a speed thing. It's an all-madden thing. In All-Madden, that's a risky throw period. Especially against anyone with a relatively high MCV rating. Now, certain QBs/WRs can get away with it (Crabbles vs Nnamdi and Rodgers throwing to anyone), but most won't.

Eh. It's always my CBs. I won the two tourneys with the Steelers and Packers, but it's the CBs. Got rid of all my starting CBs and used no-names for the last few seasons, but it's my CBs.

I'll use another team if we have another tourney.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/32107838 I thought this play was kinda funny. So many dropped INTs because Manning's laser rocket arm, but Nnamdi got back at him in the end. :3

Ramirez

Wellington said:

Good luck to anyone that has to play Rors in the franchise. Can't pass to your #1 or #2 WRs because of Asomugha and Johnson. Johnson especially. 76 OVR, 85 MCV, 67 PRS, but 97 SPD. Hard to defend EA on the "speed is the only thing that matters" issue.

:lol :lol

This happens at least twice a game everytime I play him, going off of Madden, the Raiders should be the undisputed SB champs for the next 10 years.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
It's not a speed thing. It's an all-madden thing. In All-Madden, that's a risky throw period. Especially against anyone with a relatively high MCV rating. Now, certain QBs/WRs can get away with it (Crabbles vs Nnamdi and Rodgers throwing to anyone), but most won't.

Eh. It's always my CBs. I won the two tourneys with the Steelers and Packers, but it's the CBs. Got rid of all my starting CBs and used no-names for the last few seasons, but it's my CBs.

I'll use another team if we have another tourney.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/32107838 I thought this play was kinda funny. So many dropped INTs because Manning's laser rocket arm, but Nnamdi got back at him in the end. :3
It's a *risky throw* when the route is to the inside and I have inside position on the CB and he is trailing because he got beat on an attempted press??? You are off your rocker. It is plain as day what happened, there is really zero room for argument, that's why I bother to video these things.

The score was 35-31, clearly I got around your CBs. You're really going to get upset that I showed a play that happened in the first quarter?

Sanjuro

Rors, you up for a game? You are the only person who has dismantled me and that was after a night of much fustration.

I'm actually pleased I'm beating / staying in close games with most of you so far, I was afraid I would just come in and get wrecked.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
It's a *risky throw* when the route is to the inside and I have inside position on the CB and he is trailing because he got beat on an attempted press??? You are off your rocker. It is plain as day what happened, there is really zero room for argument, that's why I bother to video these things.

The score was 35-31. You're really going to get upset that I showed a play that happened in the first quarter?
I'm not upset. And it's a risky throw IN ALL MADDEN. All-Madden overcompensates in some areas. This is why I thought it was going to piss a lot of people off if we played in All-Madden. The low rated OLs get eaten up on the run and CBs get their spidey sense back on certain plays.

[edit] Sure, Sanjuro. Want to go in 5 mins?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Rors, you up for a game? You are the only person who has dismantled me and that was after a night of much fustration.

I'm actually pleased I'm beating / staying in close games with most of you so far, I was afraid I would just come in and get wrecked.
I am terribad against guys I play the first couple of times. Don't worry we'll be straight for the franchise. ;)

Sanjuro

Wellington said:
I am terribad against guys I play the first couple of times. Don't worry we'll be straight for the franchise. ;)
Well you controlled the first game pretty heavily, at least the last game we played I was behind but not putting up inconsistent numbers.

Sounds good rors.

LiveWire

Wellington said:

This is the reason for 90% of my interceptions in Madden 10. Player ratings don't matter; it shouldn't be a risky throw in any difficulty. You can see an invisible "bubble" around Nicks as he's getting pushed out of the path of the ball by Johnson's "bubble." I was trying to describe how poor EA's collision detection is and the best way I could think of to describe it was that it's basically still a 2D game. Might as well be little plastic football men on one of those electric-buzzing football boards where you set your pieces up and turn it on and hope for the best. :lol

Love the commentary too. :lol

Smokey

Ramirez said:
:lol :lol

This happens at least twice a game everytime I play him, going off of Madden, the Raiders should be the undisputed SB champs for the next 10 years.

:lol

i have a feeling this season is gonna be EPIC..games don't even count yet and we're already pissed at how the game handles shit

McNei1y

I just finished a lg online for the first year and this years rookie draft is pretty stacked. It has atleast 20 players above 80 followed by another good chunk of high 70s worthy of starting.

Rorschach

McNei1y said:
I just finished a lg online for the first year and this years rookie draft is pretty stacked. It has atleast 20 players above 80 followed by another good chunk of high 70s worthy of starting.
There are 40 players rated over 80 in the draft. It's ridiculous. There were only 3 in all of the 2010 draft...

Top Bottom