• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '11 Pre-season tournament: Because we need something to do

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Here you go pals, the play that cost me the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZyaL8mH5Po
Here are some gifs you might find interesting:

24mi2qx.jpg

It looks like I go into him at the end, but I actually got sucked in. :| Anyway, my tackle didn't feel like protecting me.

2elfinc.jpg

Check out my guard blocking... uh... me.:lol

yrWhj.gif

What I wouldn't do for an elite QB. :(

Sanjuro

What happened Denog?

I was winning 21-7 going into the 4th. At the start of the 4th he called a timeout and quit/disconnected.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
What happened Denog?

I was winning 21-7 going into the 4th. At the start of the 4th he called a timeout and quit/disconnected.
You did a user catch on that BS play at the end of the 1st half.
You were milking the clock in the third.
You went for it on 4th down in the 3rd while you were up 21-7 and in FG range.

Don't do that during the regular season.

Sanjuro

DenogginizerOS said:

Are you kidding me? What is wrong with any of this?

It was 4th and 1 and the field goal was 54 feet away.

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
We don't user catch in the league.
Then why has everyone else done this? FYI on that play I didn't touch my receiver and I normally don't. I always fuck things up.

Why do I have the feeling I entered a league full of tears?

DenogginizerOS

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Then why has everyone else done this? FYI on that play I didn't touch my receiver and I normally don't. I always fuck things up.

You didn't. You entered a league with integrity. I suggest you find some quick.

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

A league full of tears because we have rules? And I doubt everyone user catches... If they are league members, they'd know better. Yeah, other guys you play might do it, but we don't. Sorry, those are the rules. Don't like it? There's the door.

You didn't know the rules and that's fine, but you aren't going to have special tailor-made rules.

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
A league full of tears because we have rules? And I doubt everyone user catches... If they are league members, they'd know better. Yeah, other guys you play might do it, but we don't. Sorry, those are the rules. Don't like it? There's the door.

You didn't know the rules and that's fine, but you aren't going to have special tailor-made rules.
I don't understand the "tailor-made" rules I have been receiving. I did nothing out of the ordinary in this game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

Well if you're on defense you can try and catch it at your own risk if that is what you mean.

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I don't understand the "tailor-made" rules I have been receiving. I did nothing out of the ordinary in this game.
Well, you're being told the rules now and you're acting like you refuse to adhere to them. That's just the rule. Maybe it will change, but that's the rule right now... That's the rule everyone is else is using and you should be too.

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:

He attempted one against me, i meant to say something but it passed my mind. The milking the clock thing, ah well..you ran the ball alot, and never dropped passes...so, my bad. He is new to the league, educate him. Tis all.

DCX

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
Well, you're being told the rules now and you're acting like you refuse to adhere to them. That's just the rule. Maybe it will change, but that's the rule right now... That's the rule everyone is else is using and you should be too.
Well if those are the rules I have obeyed to this point. I tried to message Denog about it who didn't wear a headset during the game.

I messaged him. He just called me "kid" "son" etc.. Grow up.

daw840

Sorry Rors, I had the sound muted on my computer and didn't notice the IMs. Plus I wasn't checking this thread, I have been reading that clusterfuck of a god damn thread in the OT. Jesus man.....the most fucked up shit I have ever seen here

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Sorry Rors, I had the sound muted on my computer and didn't notice the IMs. Plus I wasn't checking this thread, I have been reading that clusterfuck of a god damn thread in the OT. Jesus man.....the most fucked up shit I have ever seen here
:lol I was reading up on it after all the ly down references... some people.

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
To be clear: manual catching with defense: ok. Manual catching with offense: forbidden.
Then why is he bitching? He threw a pick that I ran back and another that I scored on the following drive. Makes no sense.

DenogginizerOS

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Then why is he bitching? He threw a pick that I ran back and another that I scored on the following drive. Makes no sense.
I am not bitching about those. In fact, I saw enough to know you had me beat. But your breaking of the rules that evidently you weren't aware of is what pissed me off. You now know. Play Rors and best of luck.

But don't harass me on AIM ever again.

Sanjuro

Wellington said:
Ragequits will be a serious problem this year.
I hope not. I'm not that good at the game yet. It kinda sucks to have a good game going and have someone just bail out whenever they please.

DCX

DCX
i think we should motion to change the clock to 8 minutes with 20 sec. Or seven with 15. Nothing against Sanjuru, but clock control offenses, especially those with big backs, will dictate more of the game than they should.

Just an opinion. I'd like a game with someone also.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
i think we should motion to change the clock to 8 minutes with 20 sec. Or seven with 15. Nothing against Sanjuru, but clock control offenses, especially those with big backs, will dictate more of the game than they should.

Just an opinion. I'd like a game with someone also.

DCX
Yes I agree. I was playing CB earlier today and I had a drive that lasted 5:57 to end the second Q, and another one that was 5:30 to start the third Q.

Smokey

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

young one i was once in your shoes. i fought. i fought HARD. in the end..you must do what is right.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey said:
young one i was once in your shoes. i fought. i fought HARD. in the end..you must do what is right.

You dont know how tempted i was to Fake Punt you in our tournament just for the hell of it. I think you came out in a Punt Safe play so good thing i didnt

Smokey

CB3 said:
You dont know how tempted i was to Fake Punt you in our tournament just for the hell of it. I think you came out in a Punt Safe play so good thing i didnt

yes i did because if anybody was gonna do it it would be you so i prepared for it. you confirmed my thoughts cheeser!

and im down for a game if anybody wants to play

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DenogginizerOS said:
I am not bitching about those. In fact, I saw enough to know you had me beat. But your breaking of the rules that evidently you weren't aware of is what pissed me off. You now know. Play Rors and best of luck.

But don't harass me on AIM ever again.
I just played him and really the only thing I could feasibly complain about is how he came out in 3-4 wide every play.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I just played him and really the only thing I could feasibly complain about is how he came out in 3-4 wide every play.
same..but it's the Pats, and Brady..blah, blah..

I lost because the Falcons have a shit secondary and apparently, i scored with way to much time on the clock :/

Against 'Nogg i would have lost because i missed an XP, missed a two point conversion and a FG :/

DCX

Sanjuro

Well I was surprised you were pissed DCX. I was just joking with the "u mad?" thing because I was surprised I made that drive and I've been playing/known you on here for a bit.

I dunno. I'm just trying to figure out how not to piss people off in this league. Some of the things Denogg was pissed off about, Wellington told me he doesn't give a shit about. So it affects how I play. I don't want to run the ball less, not go for anything and take silly chances because one person has a little baby tantrum.

I usually run in the shotgun because the O-Line crumbles in this game. Brady just gets murdered in this game.

Smokey

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Well I was surprised you were pissed DCX. I was just joking with the "u mad?" thing because I was surprised I made that drive and I've been playing/known you on here for a bit.

I dunno. I'm just trying to figure out how not to piss people off in this league. Some of the things Denogg was pissed off about, Wellington told me he doesn't give a shit about. So it affects how I play. I don't want to run the ball less, not go for anything and take silly chances because one person has a little baby tantrum.

I usually run in the shotgun because the O-Line crumbles in this game. Brady just gets murdered in this game.

u sound like smokey jr

hit me up on aim whenever and we can talk this out

Top Bottom