• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '11 Pre-season tournament: Because we need something to do

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm not mad at the 3-4 wide, it plays more to my defensive strength to have all my DBs and just Bulluck out there. Besides it is what the Pats do, so I dont care.

What does bother me is that every RT in the game has been stonewalling me somehow. It's like, without exception. I've gotten maybe one user sack in roughly 20 games. I just don't get it.

If your OL is crumbling, ST, that's your fault for not doing something about it. Both Moss and Welker can and will easily escape the press, and both can and will easily break tackles, as you saw. You should be demolishing anyone that blitzes you. If you aren't I don't know what to tell you.

Smokey

CB3 said:
Im sure he doesnt fling his madden disk into the wall

dont judge me you fuck

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I don't have your AIM. I'm also on Steam/MSN if you prefer.

aim : dboythagr8

no steam..haven't joined the master race yet..will next year around crysis 2 release

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
dont judge me you fuck

aim : dboythagr8

no steam..haven't joined the master race yet..will next year around crysis 2 release
I don't blame you, with your 40 hour work week and all.

Sanjuro

It's helping me too Wellington because I'm simply unfamiliar with the game. I haven't played Madden seriously in 3-4 years now, it's allowing me to better understand the routes and how the physics work in the game a bit without getting sacked the majority of the time.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol

So much hate in here tonight.

DCX

DCX
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Well I was surprised you were pissed DCX. I was just joking with the "u mad?" thing because I was surprised I made that drive and I've been playing/known you on here for a bit.

I dunno. I'm just trying to figure out how not to piss people off in this league. Some of the things Denogg was pissed off about, Wellington told me he doesn't give a shit about. So it affects how I play. I don't want to run the ball less, not go for anything and take silly chances because one person has a little baby tantrum.

I usually run in the shotgun because the O-Line crumbles in this game. Brady just gets murdered in this game.
I wasn't mad, just annoyed with the game itself.

DCX

LiveWire

Smokey said:

And here you were talking mad shit about how you were going to dominate me and Bob in StarCraft 2.

Money talks Smokey, bullshit walks!

Smokey

Wellington said:
I don't blame you, with your 40 hour work week and all.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404428

CB3 said:
:lol :lol :lol Throwback Diss.

bitch do you even work period

LiveWire said:
And here you were talking mad shit about how you were going to dominate me and Bob in StarCraft 2.

Money talks Smokey, bullshit walks!

you were saved this summer. come march 2011 i'll have my rig and it'll be a wrap for you and bobby. i'm being smart with my dollars. pc tech is in a transition stage to new cpu sockets for both amd and intel. plus by that time there should be a more efficient gtx 480 on the market which is what i really want.

dont worry..your time will come

Sanjuro

This is the worst display of video game football sportsmanship that I have ever seen. Rorschach should be banned.

He is running up the score. Controlling his dbacks. Going for it on third. Challenging my plays. I'd notify the internet police but Denog has me blocked.

Vote no on Rors. Sanjuro2011

eznark

Banned
DCX said:
i think we should motion to change the clock to 8 minutes with 20 sec. Or seven with 15. Nothing against Sanjuru, but clock control offenses, especially those with big backs, will dictate more of the game than they should.

Just an opinion. I'd like a game with someone also.

DCX

so THIS is where you got the idea to use the Rams and take up the entire first quarter!

DCX

DCX
eznark said:
so THIS is where you got the idea to use the Rams and take up the entire first quarter!
I was using Turner and just noticed how the clock was getting eaten up, and Sanjuru and his west coast attack..the game was like 4-5 drives, thats it lol...if the Rams can eat up an entire qrt, there is a problem.

DCX

Rorschach

It won't happen. NFC Beast. :( Only thing that can beat the Beast is the Beast.

But FMT said at the beginning that someone could end up facing themselves since there were a lot of double entries due to not enough people.

Rorschach

It was funny seeing a red alert that I had just been binocular'd and it happened to be against the Patriots. *shakes fist* Damn you, Belichick NECoach!

McNei1y

I've got a problem here. I've been using Jaguars in ranked games just to mess around with and their defense is perfect for 4-3 (2 great DT's, only 3 good LB's, the rest are alright). I'm usually a 3-4 player (ever since last year) because it seems to pretty much work against everything. 4-3 seems to only work against the run, and that's pretty iffy itself since you have to guess which side hes running too.

Someone mind giving tips on 4-3? I know 3-4 with the back of my hand, but I want to use 4-3 with this team since it'll give me the better play. What do I do against passes? Formations? Who should I use pre-snap?

It always seems my corners get beat in man even though Cox and Mathis have about 92+ speed.

eznark

Banned
Rorschach said:
It was funny seeing a red alert that I had just been binocular'd and it happened to be against the Patriots. *shakes fist* Damn you, Belichick NECoach!
I just had some dude "scout" me pretty much ever play. Does that mean he was paying to see my plays or something?

BigAT

eznark said:
I just had some dude "scout" me pretty much ever play. Does that mean he was paying to see my plays or something?
He's paying to see your tendencies. How frequently you might run a certain play in a given situation.

eznark

Banned
Well good. He may have won by 2 but I made him cough up dollas while I picked basically random plays just to see how my d-backs reacted.

Birdman02

DCX said:
i think we should motion to change the clock to 8 minutes with 20 sec. Or seven with 15. Nothing against Sanjuru, but clock control offenses, especially those with big backs, will dictate more of the game than they should.

Just an opinion. I'd like a game with someone also.

DCX

I agree on this one. Didn't we play 10 minutes with a 20 second runoff last season? Why'd we cut it down so much?

Ramirez

Birdman02 said:
I agree on this one. Didn't we play 10 minutes with a 20 second runoff last season? Why'd we cut it down so much?

We only did like 7 minute qtrs I think. The game's do go by too fast with 20 second run off, me and Astro were playing 7 min/15 sec run off last night and it seemed to be about the same as last year.

LiveWire

The stats are almost at the right place I think....probably 8 minutes will be the best.

I think my game last night was McNabb 17 for 25 3TD 1 INT, but only like 8 rushes with Portis. Granted that game I was throwing more, but we should fall somewhere between 40-50 offensive plays per game, not below 35 except in rare occasions.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
GG, btw

McRibb is all kinds of broken. :(

Yea, you found Campbell's deep ball. Schilens and DHB are way too fast! Downgrades Ian, downgrades! >:)

Redskins McNabb is still fast, but he's not breaking tackles like Eagles McNabb. Also goes out due to injury, unlike Eagles McNabb.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Yea, you found Campbell's deep ball. Schilens and DHB are way too fast! Downgrades Ian, downgrades! >:)

Redskins McNabb is still fast, but he's not breaking tackles like Eagles McNabb. Also goes out due to injury, unlike Eagles McNabb.
It's funny because I threw that ball to the corner of the endzone on a whim and Schilens actually got his feet in bounds. It was amazing. Got him right in the fucking corner. That shit would not have been possible last year.

And yeah, McRibb is not as broken as last year when he would shed gang tackles, but he's still getting off crazy throws. Moss is a beast too.

[edit] Oh, and speaking of downgrades, Portis needs one! :p

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
It's funny because I threw that ball to the corner of the endzone on a whim and Schilens actually got his feet in bounds. It was amazing. Got him right in the fucking corner. That shit would not have been possible last year.

And yeah, McRibb is not as broken as last year when he would shed gang tackles, but he's still getting off crazy throws. Moss is a beast too.

Yea, I saw Schilens get two feet in and I was like WOW. But I figured I'd challenge just for the hell of it. It seems Madden still has that issue where some plays are just un-challengeable for some unknown reason.

Rorschach said:
[edit] Oh, and speaking of downgrades, Portis needs one! :p

Are you kidding? Portis sucks! The only time I can get yardage is with well-planned zone runs and lucky blocking. Moss is definitely a freak though, I should've saved that one play, it was like Virtual Trainer mode!

DMczaf

After another perfect QB rating this Saturday, expect a Freeman upgrade
smiley_smug.gif

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Yea, I saw Schilens get two feet in and I was like WOW. But I figured I'd challenge just for the hell of it. It seems Madden still has that issue where some plays are just un-challengeable for some unknown reason.
Yeah, I noticed that too on a TD I wanted to challenge. The only surefire challengeable plays are the ones that prompt you to hit RT. I've hit those by accident sometimes. :lol

LiveWire said:
Are you kidding? Portis sucks! The only time I can get yardage is with well-planned zone runs and lucky blocking. Moss is definitely a freak though, I should've saved that one play, it was like Virtual Trainer mode!
Man, he would break a shitload of tackles every time. It was just lucky that I had a group of guys around. The guy who was really beasting me in terms of broken tackles was Mendenhall. That guy must have crazy elusiveness. He did pay for it by breaking a few too many and fumbling, though.

LiveWire

Oh, breaking tackles? No, that's a feature of locomotion this year. Because they still couldn't fix the offensive line play, the development team made sure the first defender that gets to the ballcarrier (when he's getting the ball from the QB) has his tackle broken. So really, you should give Portis a -1 or -2 per running play to his broken tackle #s.

daw840

Rors, you are by far the most frustrating person I have ever played in any of these leagues. I know you were contemplating not doing this league. Please, rethink that and choose not to. I don't think I can be in the league and play you twice a season

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Rors, you are by far the most frustrating person I have ever played in any of these leagues. I know you were contemplating not doing this league. Please, rethink that and choose not to. I don't think I can be in the league and play you twice a season
Yeah, I'm thinking about it.

daw840

Rorschach said:
Yeah, I'm thinking about it.

I was kidding really, play in the league. Your not the only one I can't beat. I mean, fuck, I played BigAT twice a season last year. Just chalk those up to losses.

On topic: That was the worst bit of football I have ever played in Madden. Twice I was sacked while Cassell went through this hellishly long wind up. Your DBs just fucking picked shit off left and right while mine couldn't seem to even cover. You ran man coverage and were step for step with my receivers while I ran man coverage and was always 2-3 steps behind your receivers. Plus our teams are both rated 71. I would hope to at least have at least a somewhat competitive game between us.

Rorschach

Nah, I was still thinking about it anyway. I may be forced to because of real life stuff, but even if I'm not... this off-season has been really rage-y. I can't imagine how pissed people will be when the games actually matter and they have something invested into the season. I've been quit on by half the people I've played and I know some people are starting to hate me (more than usual!).

On a different topic: would a trade between Wellie and I be approved? He said he'd trade me Eli Manning for Jason Campbell straight up at the start of the season.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
On a different topic: would a trade between Wellie and I be approved? He said he'd trade me Eli Manning for Jason Campbell straight up at the start of the season.

lane.gif

I'll allow it!

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Nah, I was still thinking about it anyway. I may be forced to because of real life stuff, but even if I'm not... this off-season has been really rage-y. I can't imagine how pissed people will be when the games actually matter and they have something invested into the season. I've been quit on by half the people I've played and I know some people are starting to hate me (more than usual!).

I'm going to go against my " don't play Rors ever to save your manhood" rule and play you sometime tonight :)

DCX

Top Bottom