• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise interest thread

eznark

Banned
The only thing I have a tiny issue with is not having the ability to play head-to-head for the Packers. It's cool, I guess I just never pegged BigAT as chicken shit.

SKuUM.gif

i just want to make sure that all the new guys and people interested understand that the league IS a time investment beyond playing for 30 minutes a week. we are going to have a full online franchise site with free agents, contracts, salary cap, drafting, trading, etc.

you don't need to devote your life to the league but we will be on a strict schedule of advancing on wednesdays at 6 pm pst and then again on saturday at 6 pm pst. no one is going to crucify you if you maybe miss a couple games a season but this league is SERIOUS BUSINESS! serious!

but i welcome all the newcomers! it's what we need!

Balb

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i just want to make sure that all the new guys and people interested understand that the league IS a time investment beyond playing for 30 minutes a week. we are going to have a full online franchise site with free agents, contracts, salary cap, drafting, trading, etc.

you don't need to devote your life to the league but we will be on a strict schedule of advancing on wednesdays at 6 pm pst and then again on saturday at 6 pm pst. no one is going to crucify you if you maybe miss a couple games a season but this league is SERIOUS BUSINESS! serious!

Yep I understand. I've actually been meaning to join the neogaf league for the past couple of years and I look forward to participating if I get in.

Ferny

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I am pretty excited for this. Can't wait to have Revis pick Brady many, many times during the season.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:

strict schedule we'll see how long that lasts :

Much more excited about this now that I'm the Fins.

Ferny73 said:
I am pretty excited for this. Can't wait to have Revis pick Brady many, many times during the season.

You better not throw too much against me is all I know.

daw840

God....i'm actually getting really hyped to get back into a league. I really hope it's like 10 was. That was, I think, the best year I've ever had.

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Much more excited about this now that I'm the Fins.

You better not throw too much against me is all I know.

I will be following you as if I was playing myself

Bring those fins some glory! Get Chad Henne into the B rating!

Smokey

daw840 said:
God....i'm actually getting really hyped to get back into a league. I really hope it's like 10 was. That was, I think, the best year I've ever had.

Yes.

I'll be back to labbing it up this year like 10. Now that I have decent defensive players I'm even more anxious.

daw840

Smokey said:
Yes.

I'll be back to labbing it up this year like 10. Now that I have decent defensive players I'm even more anxious.

You....you are my goal. As in 2K, my labbing will be done to beat you. If I can beat you, I feel like I can stand a chance against just about anyone.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you don't have 3 supercorners. you have 1 supercorner, and 2 good corners. not like i've used my WR's in the past to destroy you anyways. VD destroyed you once and will again and there's nothing any of your shitty linebackers are going to do about it
He has 3 super corners because Madden overrates the other two. Samuels is not the best man coverage guy, but he is rated high in Madden. :|

Smokey

daw840 said:
You....you are my goal. As in 2K, my labbing will be done to beat you. If I can beat you, I feel like I can stand a chance against just about anyone.

I'm not at the same level in Madden lol. At least I won one ship this gen though, but I haven't been in that Madden mindset since Madden 10 especially since 11 was pretty much a waste.

But as in 2k I'm always down to scrim with anybody. Only way to get better. Basically everybody should play against HOF Eagles as much as possible. Randoms will actually be useful this year as this will be the cheesiest Madden in quite some time.

Rorschach said:
He has 3 super corners because Madden overrates the other two. Samuels is not the best man coverage guy, but he is rated high in Madden. :|

Yep. Doesn't matter how they are in real life, those tendencies can make anybody great in the hands of a good player.

Somnia

Smokey said:
Yes.

Well you'll definitely have a better few seasons than the real Texans. At least you can't be fired like Kubiak =P

Smokey

Somnia said:
Well you'll definitely have a better few seasons than the real Texans. At least you can't be fired like Kubiak =P

Don't know whether to laugh or be mad :(. I've taken the entire week of 9/4 off from work to do nothing but be a bum like old times. Lab lab lab.

I should probably buy a spare controller for the inevitable this season too.

Somnia

Smokey said:
Don't know whether to laugh or be mad :(. I've taken the entire week of 9/4 off from work to do nothing but be a bum like old times. Lab lab lab.

I should probably buy a spare controller for the inevitable this season too.

Ya I already told my guys I'm off 9/11 and it don't matter what happens that won't change...ready for the disappointment of the season to start!

Rorschach said:

unless he plans to put one of them exclusively on VD then he's going to get torched regardless.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Didn't hear back from a few people. Updated the league list as follows:

AFC East
Pats - Sanjuro
Bills - LJ11*
Dolphins - drizzler
Jets - Ferny73

AFC West
Raiders - rorschach
Broncos - Crow
Chiefs - daw840
Chargers - Nightz

AFC North
Steelers - ramirez
Browns - striker
Bengals - ?
Ravens - Mastershake

AFC South
Colts - Luke
Jags - Yopis
Texans - Smokey
Titans - eznark

NFC East
Cowboys - Somnia
Giants - Wellington
Redskins - livewire
Eagles - coldblooded

NFC West
49ers - FMT
Cardinals - Mikey
Seahawks - Bluemax
Rams - Storybook

NFC North
Packers - BigAT
Bears - Levious
Lions - Goldlion
Vikings - Mcneily

NFC South
Panthers - GCQ
Falcons - DCX
Saints - Birdman
Bucs - DMczaf

Backups as of now:
Mihael Mello Keehl
peterboy
denogg
balb
whats the bengals-? for? if I can be them ill be them..Ill be anyone but please FMT pm me if I do indeed get a spot..thanks.

Mihael Mello Keehl said:
whats the bengals-? for? if I can be them ill be them..Ill be anyone but please FMT pm me if I do indeed get a spot..thanks.

still deciding on that final spot. bills MIGHT be open if LJ decides not to play.... hoping he does play though! ill finalize everything before the game is out

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
still deciding on that final spot. bills MIGHT be open if LJ decides not to play.... hoping he does play though! ill finalize everything before the game is out

I'm waiting for the demo to drop so I can give you my final decision. At this point it will have to be dog shit for me to say no. Was too busy for NCAA, damn July release!

Lots of new blood in the AFC East, should be fun.

I'm honestly disappointed that Lone skipped out.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
If one of you manages to put Rors out of the playoffs (which it seems like I always get him first) then my chances of making the SB skyrocket, otherwise, one and done like every year!

In order to beat CB, you're going to have to have one heck of a running game, dude has 3 Madden spidey sense caliber CBs. :|
There is only one man that can deliver us from evil. Eagles pussy DL and LBs stand no chance against:

0Ss7z.jpg

AT - Please make good use of him!

Also, you are a beautiful motherfucker for that deal post. I'm going to try it.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
There is only one man that can deliver us from evil. Eagles pussy DL and LBs stand no chance against:

0Ss7z.jpg

AT - Please make good use of him!

Also, you are a beautiful motherfucker for that deal post. I'm going to try it.
That is the key. Attacking the DTs.

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LJ11 said:
I'm waiting for the demo to drop so I can give you my final decision. At this point it will have to be dog shit for me to say no. Was too busy for NCAA, damn July release!

Lots of new blood in the AFC East, should be fun.

I'm honestly disappointed that Lone skipped out.

I'll come back as the Pats if you come back! Screw that other guy!

This feels like some strange form of Football Stockholm Syndrome...

Smokey

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:

Houston Texans: 80
This team might not be able to get over the hump in real life, but in "Madden 12," they're definitely one of the more dangerous offenses to deal with. Houston's Big Three: Matt Schaub (88 overall), Arian Foster (92 overall, 91 speed), and Andre Johnson (97 overall, 94 speed) should make them a popular team online this year.

4a89a1304056e8cc9a11b74d6296e899.jpg

matt-schaub-8-nfl.jpg

Schaub a 88? Elite status. PEHton falls to a 98? dat neck
Foster at 92 and Vonta at FB with a 91 rating would've been amazing.

:(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
That is the key. Attacking the DTs.

DCX
Yes, Jacobs is the key.

If you really want to talk about running against CB, all you have to do is put hats on hats and you're solid. Only guy I had trouble running at was Cole, the rest can't get off blocks.

Smokey

I think we should stop pumping up CB's big head. FMT came in here and laid some wood, but other than that he still has to go out and play the game!

BigAT

Passing feels really good this year.

There's a new kick meter (again) that I think might be a problem for online games, I had a pretty tough time with it even without latency. 2 of the 5 kickoffs I had went pretty badly out of bounds.

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
Passing feels really good this year.

There's a new kick meter (again) that I think might be a problem for online games, I had a pretty tough time with it even without latency. 2 of the 5 kickoffs I had went pretty badly out of bounds.
Yea the kicking meter will cause issues online. Passing feels great. Wrs make realistic cuts, ball in flight is realistic and interactions between players ( blocking, tackling, cb/Wr ) are wonderful.

Here's hoping the online is solid and that league manager will take this franchise to heights EA could never take us.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
my favorite part about this thread so far is that these guys posting these tips about how to beat me, havent actually beat in recent memory.

Ramirez

I've only played you like one time, and I just remember a lot of Westbrook in the flats, so it's been a while. ;)

Looks like the teams are Bears/Packers from the pic on Live. *vomits*

LukeSmith

CB3 said:
my favorite part about this thread so far is that these guys posting these tips about how to beat me, havent actually beat in recent memory.

my favorite part of the thread is the new guys talking trash, somehow forgetting that the only things they are going to be threatening are the draft picks the rest of us are interested in.

LukeSmith said:
my favorite part of the thread is the new guys talking trash, somehow forgetting that the only things they are going to be threatening are the draft picks the rest of us are interested in.

I was a new guy once and I believe I beat you down! :jnc

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Are you going to head a GAF Community as well? Might be a good substitute for practice mode for some of you.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
You're right it has been a long time since the league ended if that's what you mean by recent memory. We split our season series in 11.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
You're right it has been a long time since the league ended if that's what you mean by recent memory. We split our season series in 11.

Madden 11 was like the NBA Lockout when the Knicks made the finals cause MJ retired. You cant even count that shit.

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
Madden 11 was like the NBA Lockout when the Knicks made the finals cause MJ retired. You cant even count that shit.
Nick Van Excell days for you..must have been hard.

DCX

Striker

The kicking meter needs a change. It's terrible.

I do like the gameplay overall, though. Still hope we can change our DL, LB, DB align defensively online in Franchise back to the older games (we can in the demo). I didn't like the change to the d-pad from last year and still don't.

EDIT I was using Chicago and their OL plays like real life.

McNei1y

I liked the demo. I only played 1 game so I can't really give detailed opinions on anything but I for one sort of like the kick meter. It gives more of a challenge (so far) compared to past maddens. It also seems that field goals are a bit easier to block. One of my cpu defenders dove in and blocked a field goal after missing the first time.

The passing is also pretty good. It seems to get to its destination a lot faster. I like how the defense feels too.

I still hate dropping easy picks though. I dropped 3-4 sure picks in the demo. Also, on the first two plays, Rodgers pulled a Vick and ran for 50 yards after breaking a tackle from Urlacher. I call bullshit.

Ramirez

Man, the Packers destroyed me, I refuse to be a cheesehead to test the other waters.

I was having a really hard time actually seeing stuff on the field, might need to tinker with my TV settings, but I've never had a problem in the past and NCAA is fine...chalk it up to getting old I guess. I also hate the play design colors, way too dark, IMO. Really wish NCAA/Madden would just stick with the same UI.

Also, shows how little I played 11 last year, I had completely forgotten about the terrible d-pad play adjustment system, ugh. If we can't turn Gameflow off and revert back to the old preplay controls in OF, it's going to be a serious downer for me.

Other than that, I couldn't get much going on offense, GB was in my backfield on all running plays, and I had .5 seconds to get a pass off, have fun levious!

Oh yea, a cpu guy on my team blocked an XP, that's 2 already cited from the demo, I hope this isn't going to be a problem...

The kicking meter will produce many hilarious and rage inducing posts.

Top Bottom