• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise interest thread

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
he's been back since before NCAA came out ;)
Stop lying! NCAA was just there so we would all come back to Madden. I can't believe I actually pulled out Madden 10 and played a couple games yesterday to wash the NCAA out of my brain.

Rorschach said:
Stop lying! NCAA was just there so we would all come back to Madden. I can't believe I actually pulled out Madden 10 and played a couple games yesterday to wash the NCAA out of my brain.

lulz y do you hate it so much

Ramirez

Rorschach said:

NCAA 12 is really good, I don't get your constant hate of it. :p Maybe it's because you're playing in the "any team" league, I've found the 3 star experience to be much more fun...

Actually, I've been contemplating this for a week or so now, and I won't be in the Madden league. I'm in two NCAA leagues and will probably be in more later on when the other sports titles comes out...and I don't want to overkill. I'm good with just NCAA and not paying for Madden's minimal upgrades. Besides, the NCAA leagues move so fast that I'll always have my fix of football. Sorry to quit kind of late but the game isn't even out for another 20 days!

Drizzle my man they're yours as long as the commish allows it!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LOL. you back out the one year madden is actually shaping up to be good. We all know you just dont want to roll with Chad Henne

CB3 said:
LOL. you back out the one year madden is actually shaping up to be good. We all know you just dont want to roll with Chad Henne

pat_riley_oj_mayo.png

also I'm gonna be laughing my way to the bank when I hear about another piss-poor effort from the Madden team

that's why you buy it every year they trick you into thinking this is it!

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
also I'm gonna be laughing my way to the bank when I hear about another piss-poor effort from the Madden team

Seriously? Tricked? We know what we are doing. We accept it. Don't insult the 35+ people who want in.

DCX

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
Yeah, because that was such an inflammatory insult.
Just a dig.

On a different note, you could have challenged for a division crown and playoff spot with Lone gone.

DCX

DCX said:
Just a dig.

On a different note, you could have challenged for a division crown and playoff spot with Lone gone.

DCX

I was being flat out honest, it has nothing to do with Henne...we move so fast in the NCAA league and when it comes down to it, I'm just not going to be able to spare any energy for Madden as much when all the other games come out, as I would like to cheese with Brandon Marshall

BigAT

ph33nix said:

For $25 I'm more than willing to roll the dice on Madden.

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
I was being flat out honest, it has nothing to do with Henne...we move so fast in the NCAA league and when it comes down to it, I'm just not going to be able to spare any energy for Madden as much when all the other games come out, as I would like to cheese with Brandon Marshall
I had Marshall. With Marshall and White it was easier to get White deep than Marshall even with Marshalls insane stats .

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
For $25 I'm more than willing to roll the dice on Madden.
Amazon credits? I fucking love those things.

Besides, whether it's a big or a small upgrade over last year, I'm probably going to still milk the shit out of this purchase so it's not a big deal. I get more hours of entetainment out of this $60 than just about any other money spent during the year.

Striker

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Rookie WR Greg Little route running: 48

What the fuck! At least they made Rubin pretty decent. DL is real weak. Gotta make a call for a DE.
*cough* Wellington *cough*

Isn't there going to be a demo out of this? I hope it is soon.

BigAT

Striker said:
Rookie WR Greg Little route running: 48

What the fuck! At least they made Rubin pretty decent. DL is real weak. Gotta make a call for a DE.
*cough* Wellington *cough*

Isn't there going to be a demo out of this? I hope it is soon.
It's out tomorrow actually, I think.

Wellington said:
Amazon credits? I fucking love those things.

Besides, whether it's a big or a small upgrade over last year, I'm probably going to still milk the shit out of this purchase so it's not a big deal. I get more hours of entetainment out of this $60 than just about any other money spent during the year.
Amazon credits and then I got it knocked down to $45 pre-credit with this:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299841

Ramirez

Decent ratings, I think Timmons is an overall better player than Farrior at this point in his career. I would have liked Sanders to be rated a little higher, dude had some really clutch catches for us through out the year for a rookie.

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:
Decent ratings, I think Timmons is an overall better player than Farrior at this point in his career. I would have liked Sanders to be rated a little higher, dude had some really clutch catches for us through out the year for a rookie.

Second highest rated team in the game (pre-roster tweaks).

Anything other than a Steelers/Eagles Super Bowl in year one is a disappointment

Ramirez

LukeSmith said:
Second highest rated team in the game (pre-roster tweaks).

Anything other than a Steelers/Eagles Super Bowl in year one is a disappointment

If one of you manages to put Rors out of the playoffs (which it seems like I always get him first) then my chances of making the SB skyrocket, otherwise, one and done like every year!

In order to beat CB, you're going to have to have one heck of a running game, dude has 3 Madden spidey sense caliber CBs. :|

CB3

LiveWire said:
The only joke is you not winning a championship despite having god-tier teams almost every year.
You better take that back before i have FMT assign a forfeit!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DCX said:
Just a dig.

On a different note, you could have challenged for a division crown and playoff spot with LoneLJ11 gone.

DCX

Fixed

Lonestar

PS: I do miss Jamarion Bellows :( And The Tribrow. Best Mistake Evar

Lonestar

Rorschach

DCX said:
So are the odds CB vs the field in winning a super bowl season 1?

DCX
That's hard to say. They always say "take the field" for anything other than prime Woods. He's the favorite to win it, that's for sure. Anything other than a SB win is failure. This is season 1. This is before all the crazy rookies and bullshit progression. He'll have a year 7 super team while the rest of us have mid tier year one teams (other than the two previous SB participants).

CB3

Trust me anything less than a superbowl in season 1 is unacceptable and would be considered a failure. Im well aware.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
That's hard to say. They always say "take the field" for anything other than prime Woods. He's the favorite to win it, that's for sure. Anything other than a SB win is failure. This is season 1. This is before all the crazy rookies and bullshit progression. He'll have a year 7 super team while the rest of us have mid tier year one teams (other than the two previous SB participants).
With CBs skills and a dream Madden team, the odds are overwhelmingly in his favor. He is entering Prime Woods territory. On paper and based on his skill.

This will bring out the best in us all. He is officially the Miami Heat of Madden GAF. We all know how that story ended...Madden GAF, we know what must be done.

DCX

CB3 said:
Trust me anything less than a superbowl in season 1 is unacceptable and would be considered a failure. Im well aware.

you ain't winning shit. you had basically the same offensive team last year. your problem is you can't defend the run. your linebackers suck dick and they'll continue to suck dick.

if you win the first superbowl i will sport an avatar of your choosing until we finish with madden '12

p.s. drizzler dolphins are yours..... unless eznark has a huge issue with that

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you ain't winning shit. you had basically the same offensive team last year. your problem is you can't defend the run. your linebackers suck dick and they'll continue to suck dick.

if you win the first superbowl i will sport an avatar of your choosing until we finish with madden '12

p.s. drizzler dolphins are yours..... unless eznark has a huge issue with that

apparently you cant comprehend that having 3 super corners allows me be more creative on how i use those LB's. even if they suck. Not to mention my D-Line is better.

And who's to say i wont make a trade for a LB'er.

CB3 said:
apparently you cant comprehend that having 3 super corners allows me be more creative on how i use those LB's. even if they suck. Not to mention my D-Line is better.

And who's to say i wont make a trade for a LB'er.

you don't have 3 supercorners. you have 1 supercorner, and 2 good corners. not like i've used my WR's in the past to destroy you anyways. VD destroyed you once and will again and there's nothing any of your shitty linebackers are going to do about it

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you don't have 3 supercorners. you have 1 supercorner, and 2 good corners. not like i've used my WR's in the past to destroy you anyways. VD destroyed you once and will again and there's nothing any of your shitty linebackers are going to do about it

You forgot your secret weapon Delanie Walker!

And the fact that you havent beat me in the last 10 matchups. NCAA or Madden

CB3 said:
You forgot your secret weapon Delanie Walker!

And the fact that you havent beat me in the last 10 matchups. NCAA or Madden

lulz, except the last time we played in madden was the last playoff game you played and i destroyed you. so there's that...

Didn't hear back from a few people. Updated the league list as follows:

AFC East
Pats - Sanjuro
Bills - LJ11*
Dolphins - drizzler
Jets - Ferny73

AFC West
Raiders - rorschach
Broncos - Crow
Chiefs - daw840
Chargers - Nightz

AFC North