• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise interest thread

bluemax

Banned
70413_49ers_Seahawks_Football.jpg

I'm nowhere near as Jacked Up as Pete for this season, but I'm in for the time being.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The Frankman said:
I can't say for sure but depending on the game I MIGHT be interested in joining. I'm trying to put together a 30-team MLB 12: The Show league next year and I need experience in seeing how league with that many people are run.

One thing: If I get the game I want the right to challenge Welli for the Giants. FOR TOO LONG he has maintained a stranglehold on the team!

....yeah your not challenging him. sorry.

Somnia

Gonna steal my mom's 4gb 360 till sept 20th (gears 360!). Well at least we know there'll be some form of football for us this year lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I will be playing on PS3 this year. If anyone wants to scrim, feel free to send me a message. Best of luck to the league this year.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If we have a league I am definitely in.

If AT and Striker are in, I am definitely willing to play for the Giants. Only reason I'm not including Frank is that I thought as far as team choices went, vets got first dibs, with anyone new to the leagues choosing from whatever's left. Correct me if I am wrong.

I'd like to do it best 2 of 3 if possible - only because that would eliminate "getting Madden'd" (Let's face it, we've all had *those* games) so there are no hard feelings on either side.

So yeah, any team recommendations for after I lose the Giants to AT? :(

Is Lonestar coming back? I just want to be in a full division.

Rorschach

Wellington said:

If AT and Striker are in, I am definitely willing to play for the Giants. Only reason I'm not including Frank is that I thought as far as team choices went, vets got first dibs, with anyone new to the leagues choosing from whatever's left. Correct me if I am wrong.

I'd like to do it best 2 of 3 if possible - only because that would eliminate "getting Madden'd" (Let's face it, we've all had *those* games) so there are no hard feelings on either side.

I know you're eeyoring, but RAIDERS! They'll have good DL ratings this year and McFadden will get a boost, though I'm sure they won't give him the trucking he deserves. You'll have all the speed you're always bitching about too!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I want in, can I just be Somnia's backup? Unless you have a big need in another division...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I know you're eeyoring, but RAIDERS! They'll have good DL ratings this year and McFadden will get a boost, though I'm sure they won't give him the trucking he deserves. You'll have all the speed you're always bitching about too!
Cmon, Giants DBs avg speed is like 85, I think the WRs are right around there if not slower. It's a major factor in how I have to call defensive plays. I think in the fourth season of Madden 10, Webster had like 83 spd and was still my best CB. Had to match him up against all #1s. :(

It also makes a huge difference playing against man to man coverage when you have a fast receiver. Only Manningham can get open a lot, and I suspect it's mostly because he's in the slot. :/

Striker

Wellington said:
Cmon, Giants DBs avg speed is like 85, I think the WRs are right around there if not slower. It's a major factor in how I have to call defensive plays. I think in the fourth season of Madden 10, Webster had like 83 spd and was still my best CB. Had to match him up against all #1s. :(
If we play this league, I'll trade you picks for Kiwi. You won't need him with Tuck, Osi, and JPP.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Striker said:
If we play this league, I'll trade you picks for Kiwi. You won't need him with Tuck, Osi, and JPP.
If I have the Giants I'd just trade you Osi. You know how I feel about him.

McNei1y

I was trying to base my decision around defense and I feel like Vikings and Jaguars are pretty similar in that area based on last years ratings (Vikings have the better players). Both teams safeties blow. Jags have the better Corners. I'm sticking with the Vikings though. Maybe Christian Ponder will have some skill.

LukeSmith

McNei1y said:
I was trying to base my decision around defense and I feel like Vikings and Jaguars are pretty similar in that area based on last years ratings (Vikings have the better players). Both teams safeties blow. Jags have the better Corners. I'm sticking with the Vikings though. Maybe Christian Ponder will have some skill.

Here's a tiebreaker:

You'll have a better shot at the playoffs in the NFC North than you will in the AFC Mouth with Smokey and I.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:

CJ2k and the Titans? Our division could be pretty fun.

You, Me, Smokey

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
Here's a tiebreaker:

You'll have a better shot at the playoffs in the NFC North than you will in the AFC Mouth with Smokey and I.

The NFC North could be very interesting...especially if BigAT wins the Giants.

As for the AFC South, has anybody heard from Matrix lately? Didn't he have to quit last year because of health problems?

Smokey

DMczaf said:
You took it with NBA2K.

2k11 is one of the GOAT. And besides 2k actually put some decent effort into the online side of NBA2K with their leagues.

Madden did zero last yr to improve online and shit was wack with all the disconnects ruining interest in the league, and unless I'm missing something looks to be same shit different year for 12.

:(

Rorschach

Wellington said:

It also makes a huge difference playing against man to man coverage when you have a fast receiver. Only Manningham can get open a lot, and I suspect it's mostly because he's in the slot. :/
Your WRs were great and Webster was supremely overrated. Anyway, as I was saying, if all you want is Raiders speed, then why not take the Raiders? Why is this even up for debate?

[edit]And they'll be rated better at the DL and HB to boot!

DMczaf

Smokey said:
2k11 is one of the GOAT. And besides 2k actually put some decent effort into the online side of NBA2K with their leagues.

Are we talking about the same effort that has the league in a state of emergency during every round advance, not knowing if the league will fuck up?

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
Are we talking about the same effort that has the league in a state of emergency during every round advance, not knowing if the league will fuck up? only to have DCX save each season.

fixed

DCX

Smokey

DMczaf said:
Are we talking about the same effort that has the league in a state of emergency during every round advance, not knowing if the league will fuck up?

2K has only fucked up one time, and that was either 2k10 or 2k9 when we couldn't advance in the playoffs lol. Other than that's it's been fine, but if you want to term it "state of emergency" that's fine too.

ANYWAYS

If we're gonna bend over and take it just say so..don't have to bring in other leagues :p

Smokey

DMczaf said:
I'd put FMT's money on the Online FT slowdown glitch being there at launch for the 5th year in a row.

Wasn't there this year.

FMT playing in the 2k league was a sight to see *whistles*

lol

For Madden: bartscott.CANTWAIT to have Mario standing up in Wade's 3-4!!

Ferny

Damn so I had to play Smokey with the Rockets and game breaking Yao and now he's gonna be with the Texans and "Catches Everything no matter the Coverage" Johnson blah

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ferny73 said:
Damn so I had to play Smokey with the Rockets and game breaking Yao and now he's gonna be with the Texans and "Catches Everything no matter the Coverage" Johnson blah
Smokey is a non factor in madden. Don't worry

Rorschach

Ferny73 said:
Do a mirror match. You'll have AJ too.

[edit] Oh wait, he has seniority. I don't know how that works.

eznark said:
Christ, I don't even get to keep my dolphins?
I don't see why you can't get at least a shot at the Packers if not outright control... dunno how that works either lol

Smokey said:

Madden did zero last yr to improve online and shit was wack with all the disconnects ruining interest in the league, and unless I'm missing something looks to be same shit different year for 12.

:(

what has NBA 2k improved on with their online leagues? i mean, it's the same basic setup they have had for the last 7 or 8 years. wasn't there online leagues feature in the xbox version? it still hasn't changed. no drafts or continuous leagues. just because they fixed the horrible bugs from nba 2k10 doesn't count as an "improvement" in the sense that they didn't add anything.

the only game that can talk shit on madden as far as online franchise is NCAA, because it actually has a legit online dynasty feature. NBA 2k and MLB '11 aren't even on maddens level because they don't have progressions or drafts.

as far as madden disconnect issues, they fixed that about halfway through season 1 last year. hopefully they don't pull a 2k and release another buggy product then look for props when they fix shit that should've never been an issue from the beginning

Rorschach

I bet the first time FMT advances from the web there will be some glitch that fucks up a player's team or something.

[edit] Oh wait, I was thinking NCAA. Guess Madden won't have this.

eznark

Banned
Rorschach said:
I don't see why you can't get at least a shot at the Packers if not outright control... dunno how that works either lol

Sweet. I guess if peterb0y is a Dolphins fan he is welcome to them. I'd like dibs on the Bengals if I lose the Packers though.

BigAT

LukeSmith said:
Here's a tiebreaker:

Being in the North comes with the burden of having to schedule with Bob twice a season.

never mind

I kind of do want to be in the league. Dolphins would be my preference but Peter seems to have taken them and I don't mind deferring for him. I would take the Chiefs otherwise

Nightz said:
Is daw gonna play this year? Astro?

i talked to astro and i dont think his schedule will allow him to play but he'll let us know for sure as late august approaches. not sure if daw is interested, i'll PM him

Birdman02

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh, i talked to him. he is recovering from the heat being a disappointment

A Mavs title is sweet enough...winning it in Miami makes it that much better!!

Is AirBrian gonna play this season, since (I assume) he could actually get the Bears?

Top Bottom