• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Controller Cipher Series Announced

nick776

If you don't count stuff like the share button (I didn't even think of it till you mentioned) there really has no been an improvement since 360. I have 360, One and Series pads but settled back to using 360 on PC. The others aren't substantially worse but they are slightly worse so why use it lol.
The only reason I didn't say it has not changed since the 360 is because I actually consider the 360 controller better in most regards. Just look at how it got the transforming D-pad late in the generation only for Microsoft to take it away. The One and Series controllers always felt very cheap to me, moreso with the Series controllers.

Kvally

The only reason I didn't say it has not changed since the 360 is because I actually consider the 360 controller better in most regards. Just look at how it got the transforming D-pad late in the generation only for Microsoft to take it away. The One and Series controllers always felt very cheap to me, moreso with the Series controllers.
Transforming D pad wasn’t a standard controller. And the new dpad is better.

nick776

Transforming D pad wasn’t a standard controller. And the new dpad is better.
Point is that it was an ADDED FEATURE. Xbox didn't even do voice coil actuators for haptics on Series controllers like switch had ALREADY done. PS5 did, but Xbox stuck with standard rumble motors. Absence of gyro controls is more baffling though.

Venom Snake

xnsnwq.png

Top Bottom