• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One BC |OT| "Fortunately, we have a product for people who don't own a 360"

Golmon97

Neo Member
Yeah, I noticed that. Wish someone doing all of these framerate analyses with captured footage could help sort out the differences. The auto-saving hitches are still present in Gears 3, but the hitching when it seems like it is streaming in the next setpiece encounter's data has almost vanished as compared to the first version released. Pretty promising improvements with this update happening only a week after initial public release. Hope they keep at it.
This is great news, I wasn't hoping for any improvement after the initial BC release. I need to try gears 3 asap to see that by myself.

.la1n

It's still early days, I'll give them some time to iron things out with some of the shakier titles before pronouncing gloom and doom.

pots555

For those interested, Tron Evolution looks and plays great. I am a huge fan of the films and the game. I was very surprised to see it on the list.

tron-evolution-550x298.jpg

Figments

It also had a ton of stuttering problems, weird they would use that to demonstrate their bc.

I have yet to experience a single problem in Dirt 3 BC, besides me being utterly terrible at the game.

This means nothing in the long run, obviously--this is just my experience with it--but it might signal that performance issues aren't similarly reproducible? Maybe.

Hawk269

My Fallout 3 code won't work. Keeps popping up "something went wrong".

Someone help

I had the same thing happen. Took me 4 tries and it eventually worked. I would load, it would go to the splash screen and just sit there. Other times, the screen would go black and nothing. I would just quit the app/game and retry and after 4 tries it loaded and never had that problem.

I was not expecting to get Fallout 3 because I did not pre-order it, I bought it a few days after launch and to my surprise I got the code for it yesterday.

I had the same thing happen. Took me 4 tries and it eventually worked. I would load, it would go to the splash screen and just sit there. Other times, the screen would go black and nothing. I would just quit the app/game and retry and after 4 tries it loaded and never had that problem.

I was not expecting to get Fallout 3 because I did not pre-order it, I bought it a few days after launch and to my surprise I got the code for it yesterday.
Im having trouble redeeming the code not running the game.

I figure it's cause I bought Fo4 off a different Countrys store on live.

What a let down.

Azzawon

Played a couple of online games of Gears 3 after the new patch - not perfect, but the game definitely runs considerably better and it's actually 'playable' now.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So no news on of Gears 3's campaign is improved with the patch? It's pretty stutter filled, which is a shame because the game itself is so damn good even after all this time.

psychotron

So no news on of Gears 3's campaign is improved with the patch? It's pretty stutter filled, which is a shame because the game itself is so damn good even after all this time.

Agreed. Really shitty that this is happening. I hope they smooth it out.

Azzawon

I haven't tried campaign personally but if they've managed to make considerable improvements with the online gameplay I can imagine that it'll be reflected in campaign too.

Just finished the main story of 'just cause 2' ran great on the Xbox one. I enjoyed it a lot, traveling that huge map wasn't as fast as I would hope and the side quests were repetitive but I had fun and they didn't bother me much since they were short.

I had a couple moments where I had lowest framerate but not too often. I had a great time and I'm glad I waited for backwards compatibility to play it.

I played Rainbow Six Vegas a few days ago with no problems. Now I can't even start up the campaign. When I'm in the menu and I select to play anything the game freezes and eventually crashes. Anyone else having similar problems?

Try to update your controller

I had no issues with Sonic 1 after updating my driver. Other than the already iffy Backbone emulation.

My controller is updated. There's a significant delay that makes the game feel floatier than it is, and the jump has like half a second delay.

I play it on my 360 on this TV and it's "perfect" (as perfect as those emulated versions are). I played it on my Genesis in my office to make sure I wasn't remembering wrong but this XB1 version is seriously delayed.

.la1n

Do I have to manually update these games by deleting and redownloading, or do they update on their own?

If you have instant on they should update automatically but like In the past one the update becomes mandatory you'll get a prompt when you launch the game.

MauroNL

Xbox360 deals with gold for this week are starting to pop up as well, some really good prices for BC fans:

- Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning 85%: $2.99
- Bulletstorm 80%: $3.99
- Burnout Paradise 50%: $7.50
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 67%: $6.59
- Metal Gear Solid V 25%: $37.49
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 25%: $37.49
- WWE 2K16 25%: $44.99
- Call of Duty Black Ops 3 25%: $39.99
- Mirror's Edge 67%: $4.94

At least Burnout and Mirrors Edge are confirmed for BC soon!

Zeta Oni

Own it digitally already, but I can not recommend it enough for that price. It's basically a single player mmo style game with action RPG combat, and the combat really helps you stay into the game as its pretty long.

Really hope it comes to BC

Xbox360 deals with gold for this week are starting to pop up as well, some really good prices for BC fans:

- Bulletstorm 80%: $3.99
- Burnout Paradise 50%: $7.50
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 67%: $6.59
- Metal Gear Solid V 25%: $37.49
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 25%: $37.49
- WWE 2K16 25%: $44.99
- Call of Duty Black Ops 3 25%: $39.99
- Mirror's Edge 67%: $4.94

At least Burnout and Mirrors Edge are confirmed for BC soon!

mirrors edge already bc

Ein Bear

I've bought so many digital 360 games in sales, 'just in case', since they announced backwards compatibility at E3. I think I have a problem.

Top Bottom