• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One BC |OT| "Fortunately, we have a product for people who don't own a 360"

If anyone has a Gears Judgement code they want to send my way, please PM me. It's the only Gears game I haven't had a chance to play.

Bumhead

Banned
Just booted up Gears 2.

It was a tougher experience than I was expecting. Some really choppy frame rates in the opening stages. Is that an emulation issue, or is it the same on a native 360? To be honest my memory of how 7/8 year old games hasn't held up as well as I thought.

Still a good game that I'll play to completion again, though. Just curious if there are any known performance issues with Gears 2?

First one to post a Nicolas Cage gif gets a Gears 3 and Gears Judgement code.

rs_500x213-150106140223-tumblr_lvuyue9fdH1r4etbjo1_500.gif

I've not played Judgement! Would love to have both for Xb1.

v1ncelis

Judgment looks amazing. Even better than Gears remaster. Yesterday got Gears 3 and Judgment codes so now waiting for Gears 2 code.
Anyways, there is a list of my most wanted BC games
Skyrim, Oblivion, New Vegas, Red Dead, San Andreas HD, Saints Row 2, Crackdown, Alan Wake, Modern Warfare

I wonder if we'll end up getting original Xbox BC at some point. Makes me tempted to pick up Jet Set Radio Future considering my 360 currently supports it.

gossi

Just booted up Gears 2.

It was a tougher experience than I was expecting. Some really choppy frame rates in the opening stages. Is that an emulation issue, or is it the same on a native 360? To be honest my memory of how 7/8 year old games hasn't held up as well as I thought.

Still a good game that I'll play to completion again, though. Just curious if there are any known performance issues with Gears 2?

I went back and tried Gears 2 on my 360, and the performance is pretty bad. Cutscenes are terrible.

So the 360 games cannot be game shared i take it? Gears judgment just keeps asking me to sign to play online even though i am signed in..

I think the 360 emulator needs to be signed in as you to play if it's a digital copy, and on 360 consoles you can't log into two at the same time.

muzzymate

Did Joy Ride Turbo get an update too? When BC first launched it was pretty stuttery, but I played last night and it seemed to be operating at a smooth 30 now. I launched it from a pin.

Did Joy Ride Turbo get an update too? When BC first launched it was pretty stuttery, but I played last night and it seemed to be operating at a smooth 30 now. I launched it from a pin.

I'll try this too, I know what you mean it felt like it was an unstable 30 when I tried it, I don't really remember how it ran on 360 though.

jesu

I have all 4 Gears codes to give away.
One per person, quote me and tell me which one you want.
First come first served.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I have all 4 Gears codes to give away.
One per person, quote me and tell me which one you want.
First come first served.

Can I have all of them?

Wait, upon thinking about it, I don't need them. Give them to someone who would appreciate them more.

Thank you so much for the code!
I just need the judgement one to complete the series. It will be my first time playing all Gears

bill0527

I bought Mass Effect for $4 at the digital BF sale just to try out the BC. I remember reading back in the summer that it was running like shit. Did they ever improve it?

I also bought Red Dead Redemption for $7 because....it has GOT to be coming right? RIGHT?

Playing some judgement the framerate really drops in the later big battles of the game, I had no update but the game could have done so last night while the xbox was in standby... I have no idea because the xbox one never tells you outside of a little star that may or may not appear :/ I don't think there was any performance boost on my end.

I bought Mass Effect for $4 at the digital BF sale just to try out the BC. I remember reading back in the summer that it was running like shit. Did they ever improve it?

I also bought Red Dead Redemption for $7 because....it has GOT to be coming right? RIGHT?

Mass Effect is pretty much close to the 360 version now, a few minor drops but nothing like it was back in the summer, the game itself was never a solid 30fps title on 360 so it's hard to tell you exactly what is bad with the emulation.

ryushe

So you have to have played Gears UE before the year is out to qualify for the codes right? Because I'm downloading Gears Ultimate Edition now and hope I don't miss out on the deal.

Top Bottom