• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

jesu

Has anyone here played The Fall? Looks like more of a shooteer/adventure rather than a puzzle game, so it may not be for me. I'll need to check a trailer once I'm home.

"Super Metroid meets Monkey Island." I've just saw it described as.
Watched a little bit of a stream and it look pretty good, might get it myself.

Has anyone here played The Fall? Looks like more of a shooteer/adventure rather than a puzzle game, so it may not be for me. I'll need to check a trailer once I'm home.

Im playing it for review now, about 1/2 way through, its fun. Its like the Swapper, except sometimes you have to shoot stuff and doesn't have the cool puzzles. Its fun though, I think I will happily recommend it when I'm done, only $10 too

Really enjoyed it when I played the game at launch on PC. Game is mostly puzzle based with some sporadic shooting to mix things up. My only problems with the game were some technical issues I had (to be fair I was on the preview for SteamOS)

eastx

That's one way to deter people. I'm very excited to play it on console but at that price it kind of keeps it from the definite buy to a sale buy.

Keep in mind Divinity: Original Sin is an absolutely massive game, similar in size to The Witcher 3. That's a lot of work porting to consoles, so I can see why they'd treat it like a full-price release. Plus it is actually enhanced in several ways, so it's not exactly the same as the Steam game.

I saw the console version at E3 and was really impressed. Only downside is the local co-op person can't use his or her own profile or earn Achievements, but they can apparently do so when playing online.

kevin1025

Banned
Keep in mind Divinity: Original Sin is an absolutely massive game, similar in size to The Witcher 3. That's a lot of work porting to consoles, so I can see why they'd treat it like a full-price release. Plus it is actually enhanced in several ways, so it's not exactly the same as the Steam game.

I saw the console version at E3 and was really impressed. Only downside is the local co-op person can't use his or her own profile or earn Achievements, but they can apparently do so when playing online.

I'll personally still get it! And you are very right, the amount of extra work being put into the game, which is already huge, is amazing! But I imagine for some seeing the price difference, especially when the enhanced edition is a free PC upgrade, there might be a problem.

Yeah at $40 I would have been in day one. At $60 though I'm not so sure.

In an interview they said they're on track for a late October release. Needless to say that's a pretty crowded time of the year so it doesn't pain me too much to wait a little bit on it.

So Many Me is up (Games with Gold) - 931mb, normally $14.99/£11.99

http://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/So-Many-Me/59157efd-119d-4efc-b006-76f0ac31ffb9

And some DLC

Mystery of the Skulls - $2.99/£2.39 - 10mb~

You are tasked with finding all escaped skulls. Discover new areas of the Xio world and puzzle through 12 new challenging levels.

Edit: I see Family Fry posted it too, my bad!

Nori Chan

So many me is an adorable puzzle game that's actually quite challenging. Certainly not one of the games I would've bought on my own, so thankfully it was gwg

kevin1025

Banned
I hate to be a tease, but the game I was told would be stealthily launching on July 15th has been delayed at the last minute due to a certification issue. No wonder they didn't want to announce the date yet! No new date until they get the bug fixed and pass certification.

Sorry for getting people's hopes up.

Is the game TRON: Escape?

jond76

Banned
The Fall is really cool, but really short. I'd say worth the $10 mainly because there is developer commentary that warrants a second playthrough.

Nori Chan

God damn was so many me's final boss and chase scene was probably one of the worst I have ever played. Definitely left a sour taste for me after I enjoyed the game.

Tried out So Many Me tonight. It's pretty mediocre and Chrono Castle level 3 pretty much convinced me to give up on the game. Not worth the trouble for a game that isn't all that great to begin with.

Yes or no on The Fall?

I have £10 in my wallet and I'd quite like a new game to play on X1. I've been gaming on PS4 so much recently, X1 is feeling a little neglected.

eastx

Yes or no on The Fall?

I have £10 in my wallet and I'd quite like a new game to play on X1. I've been gaming on PS4 so much recently, X1 is feeling a little neglected.

If you like Metroidvania or adventure games, it's a must-buy. Great story and atmosphere.

SirKhalid

Small warning about So Many Me losing progress bug.

Hi everyone, My name is Nenin and I am the developer of the latest gold game on xbox one, So Many Me.
Apparently, we have been reported about a bug that makes players lose progress on their game due to the console sleeping on idle. Our team is investigating the issue at the moment, and we will release the update to prevent this issue as soon as possible. In the mean time, we suggest that you should exit the game by choosing the exit game option on the xbox home (don't turn off the console with the power button before exit the game), and be careful of letting the system idle and sleep.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for supporting our So Many Me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3dp8xk/tech_so_many_me_losing_game_progress_issue_a_word/

Montresor

It definitely amps up the platforming difficulty in the end.

But I ended up 100% the achievements in less than 11 hours total

Nice, the game has huge TA ratios on some achievements (http://www.trueachievements.com/So-Many-Me/achievements.htm). It's not too bad? I'll be starting this game soon.

I just started AC Unity and Sleeping Dogs Definitive. I'm excited about playing those two open-world games side by side.

The AC Unity graphics are incredible.

If you like Metroidvania or adventure games, it's a must-buy. Great story and atmosphere.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

The game has a serious problem with how you discover vitally important items and it's far too easy to miss things due to having to shine your light on pretty much everything at all times.

Terrible game design.

Yeah, I've given up on The Fall.

The game mechanic of having to highlight everything is far too annoying for me. I don't have the patience any more to trudge through a near pitch black environment and very slowly and meticulously highlight every single inch to find an item that I need to progress.

They should have had an option to make progression important items be more visible compared to items that are world building.

Wish I could get I refund, but I'll just delete it and move on.

Ah well. This is a case where a trial would have come in very handy.

eastx

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

The game has a serious problem with how you discover vitally important items and it's far too easy to miss things due to having to shine your light on pretty much everything at all times.

Terrible game design.

Anything interactive gets a yellow interaction icon as the flashlight passes over it. The game never has black space or nothingness represent a vitally important item needed to progress. If the game's visual darkness is too dark for you, it's not hard to turn up the brightness setting.

Passing the flashlight over points of interest on-screen is fast and easy, not some horribly slow, arduous process. It's quite a lot like moving the mouse around looking for hotspots as you'd do in adventure games. There are even some hard puzzles now and then, like adventure games tend to have.

As I said before, The Fall is a Metroidvania game mixed with adventure. Perhaps adventure games aren't for you, but declaring the genre elements to be terrible game design is awfully narrow-minded.

Anything interactive gets a yellow interaction icon as the flashlight passes over it. The game never has black space or nothingness represent a vitally important item needed to progress. If the game's visual darkness is too dark for you, it's not hard to turn up the brightness setting.

Passing the flashlight over points of interest on-screen is fast and easy, not some horribly slow, arduous process. It's quite a lot like moving the mouse around looking for hotspots as you'd do in adventure games. There are even some hard puzzles now and then, like adventure games tend to have.

As I said before, The Fall is a Metroidvania game mixed with adventure. Perhaps adventure games aren't you, but declaring the genre elements to be terrible game design is awfully narrow-minded.

My issue is that it requires you to pass your light over virtually everything. You play the game at what is essentially a snails pace and that isn't my type of game any more due to how limited my gaming time is these day.

Five years ago and I would have loved this game. Now? It's not for me due to how much time it requires from the player.

eastx

How about a review of Slash Dash, with video?

http://www.windowscentral.com/slashdash-review

Spoiler: I do not like it as much as Game Grumps did.

Five years ago and I would have loved this game. Now? It's not for me due to how much time it requires from the player.

Time certainly does become an issue as we get older. Hence why I review a lot more indie games than retail titles. They tend to be nice and short. Like Slash Dash! :D

Top Bottom