• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Quikies83

Released today,

Spectra: 8-bit Racing 7.50$, 272MB.
The devs live in Hull, everyone needs to support them so they can leave that shithole.

Also,

Project Spark
--Void Corruptor - 5$ (or 500 Tokens/20,000 credits with premium)

World of Tanks (pre-load now available)
--Assault pack- 35$
--Battalion pack - 49$
--Vanguard pack - 20$

heh - picked this up and have been having a blast.
well worth $7.50

Montresor

I'm at my brother's place and I see "Your other Xbox is taking a long time to sync to the cloud" when I try to play Shadow Of Mordor.

There are two options: Try Again or Sync Last Saved Data. Try Again brings up the same error message and Sync Last Saved Data seems to risky... I don't want to lose any progress.

I guess for whatever reason my system at my house didn't sync the Shadow Of Mordor save. Strange since the last time I played was 2am last night. Is there any way to check that the save file has successfully sync'd to the cloud before I leave my house? Right now this is a bummer because I'm stuck without access to my Shadow Of Mordor save file, heh.

Edit: Blergh, I ended up going back my place (I live close by), turned on and off my xb1, and went back - that resolved it.

Here's my review of Spectra (with video review too). I'm not too keen on it:

http://www.windowscentral.com/spectra-8bit-racing-xbox-one-review

Still need to write my review, but I mostly agree. The music itself is AWESOME, but the game is a bit too much reliant on replayability via "cheap" deaths. The worst is coming over a crest and having a barrier right in your face that you can't avoid. Not to mention the speed boosts are usually more harm than good. There are 4 tracks that I can't beat for the life of me due to cheap placements of power boosts which lead right into mountains of blockades, poor placements of obstacles, and cheap tricks to try and get you to replay the level.

Music = good. Gameplay design = poor.

Bsigg12

Still need to write my review, but I mostly agree. The music itself is AWESOME, but the game is a bit too much reliant on replayability via "cheap" deaths. The worst is coming over a crest and having a barrier right in your face that you can't avoid. Not to mention the speed boosts are usually more harm than good. There are 4 tracks that I can't beat for the life of me due to cheap placements of power boosts which lead right into mountains of blockades, poor placements of obstacles, and cheap tricks to try and get you to replay the level.

Music = good.I'm Gameplay design = poor.

Yea that's how I'm feeling. I really really like Chipzel's soundtrack for this game though so that'll keep me coming back.

RoKKeR

I've been tossing around the idea of making an "Xbox One Most Played Games" thread and thought I'd come here for suggestions. Every time I hop on I always scroll over to the "Most Played" section to see what games are trending in the top 10 on the system.

I'm not sure how I would format it or "score" games, considering it simply shows the order of games and not how many are playing each game. Additionally, it only shows real time stats and doesn't give an aggregate for days, weeks, etc. I was thinking of maybe assigning a value for each spot on the list (10 points for 1st, 1 point for 10th) and then compiling averages every week but that seemed like too much work. Furthermore I only really hop on during the evening in the US, and understand games trend differently given the time of day in certain regions. (i.e. FIFA dominates the evenings in Europe)

Would anybody be interested in seeing a thread like this? Maybe I'm the only one who finds it interesting.

zorbsie

I find myself going back to spectra for the music alone. I do feel it has some cheap deaths in it. My biggest gripe with the game is no leaderboards. This is the perfect game to compare/compete with friends and yet there is no leaderboards for each track. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Silence has got my attention. Want to see more of it.

speedomodel

Grabbed Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition, for $20 it's cheaper than buying the 3 DLC packs separately and I've been meaning to get those.

Will probably do co-op with a brother now that I'll have two copies.

I like Spectra. I'm not sure how it could have leaderboards, given the tracks change each time.

It does have some cheap moments, but I still enjoy it.

eastx

Has this game been named yet?

No no, it has not been named yet. The mystery game will cost significantly less than the Prototype bundle. I'll also tell you guys what it was when someone posts about it being available.

Tachyon Project is supposedly scheduled for release tomorrow, so that's probably the mystery game everyone's referring to.

Edit: Oops, it's in the list above, so maybe not.

kevin1025

Banned
I continue my journey to play Tomb Raider on everything (a journey I didn't even know I was on). $11.55 for the Definitive Edition is pretty good!

eastx

I hate to be a tease, but the game I was told would be stealthily launching on July 15th has been delayed at the last minute due to a certification issue. No wonder they didn't want to announce the date yet! No new date until they get the bug fixed and pass certification.

Sorry for getting people's hopes up.

Eastx, such a tease :)
I'm just happy the game you were talking about wasn't the Prototype bundle.

Zorbs, how can you not be happy with Activision putting such a great amount of effort into the remaster of their wildly popular franchise than they were so excited about said remaster they didn't even bother to announce it?!

zorbsie

Zorbs, how can you not be happy with Activision putting such a great amount of effort into the remaster of their wildly popular franchise than they were so excited about said remaster they didn't even bother to announce it?!

lol. This is just perfect. I still have Prototype 2 in the shrink wrap. I think that's a good thing. :)

Waiting to hear impressions on Tachyon Project. I really love twin stick shooters, so I might get it regardless.

I can't believe they're serious about those Prototype prices. I want what they're smoking.

Anyways:

I played through Spectra, and beat its main difficulty. Overall, it was neat but repetitive and frustrating at the same time. It's an alright game. I reviewed it and gave it 6/10.

Started Tachyon Project this morning, and I'm enjoying it. It's dated visually and isn't anything unique, but it's pretty fun. If you like that type of game, you'll likely enjoy it.

Montresor

Has anyone here played The Fall? Looks like more of a shooteer/adventure rather than a puzzle game, so it may not be for me. I'll need to check a trailer once I'm home.

kevin1025

Banned
Has anyone here played The Fall? Looks like more of a shooteer/adventure rather than a puzzle game, so it may not be for me. I'll need to check a trailer once I'm home.

I played through about half of it on PC, it is definitely more adventure and puzzle game than shooter. There are points where shooting helps solve the puzzles and such, but it is undeniably an adventure game (with jumping!).

Lima

Interesting. Just picked up Vanishing of Ethan Carter on PS4 and after I finish that I may give The Fall a try. Looks like my kinda game.

Top Bottom