• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Montresor

I could be wrong, but I always thought octodad was a more structured goat simulator. I want to get it but I can wait for a sale.

Any one play the swapper? Worth it for $10?

I've played The Swapper. It is worth the $10 for sure, if you like indie 2-d puzzle games.

The atmosphere is very nice. It feels like a metroidvania version of a 2-d puzzle game. The game's map/exploration reminds me of Metroid / Castelvania but there is no combat or upgrades. You use only the one swap/clone gun throughout the whole game, and the game consists of travelling to different puzzle rooms.

The puzzles were very satisfying to solve - challenging, clever, but not too cheap, and you felt really good if you could solve them on your own.

The Neverwinter Elemental Evil update should be coming Sept 8th.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9522913

Four Expansions in one: Fury of the Feywild, Shadowmantle, Curse of Icewind Dale and Elemental Evil.
Oathbound Paladin class
Level cap increased to 70
Eight new zones
And some new achievements.

Sounds like a good time to jump back in again, I hit 60 with tier 1 gear and kind of got a little bored of the game, but I still love it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
CNZqihaVEAAQ4UR.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/PaulRAcevedo/status/636813539437514752

I enjoyed what I played of the JP version; Feels like Higher-Resolution Dreamcast Gaming, and I don't really mind that. At all.

Plus, all that wonderful Achievement Art. Something way too few take advantage of with X1 games.

kevin1025

Banned
The Neverwinter Elemental Evil update should be coming Sept 8th.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9522913

Four Expansions in one: Fury of the Feywild, Shadowmantle, Curse of Icewind Dale and Elemental Evil.
Oathbound Paladin class
Level cap increased to 70
Eight new zones
And some new achievements.

That sounds like a pretty substantial update/expansion explosion. If I didn't have dozens of games to backlog my way through, I'd jump back into it. Maybe around Christmas I'll finally get back in. Still glad they're updating the game with so much good stuff.

jond76

Banned
Ok, the flow of games is bonkers. Blues and Bullets looks cool.

I'm really gonna have to slooooow down with the purchases.

I played the Japanese Onigiri until the language barrier just got too annoying, couldn't be bothered having to use guides for everything so I said I'll wait and see if an English one ever comes out.

Glad to see it is! :D

And yea the couple of Achievements I managed to get have really great art, I look forward to getting more!

Montresor

I could be wrong, but I always thought octodad was a more structured goat simulator. I want to get it but I can wait for a sale.

Anyone have any other impressions for Octodad?

I'm really wondering about these games:

Magnetic: Case Closed
Nova 111
Octodad

My head is spinning with all these new games being released. I'm guaranteed to buy Whispering Willows (short puzzle game with quirky story, bought) and Blues And Bullets (Telltale-style adventure game with quirky art style, bought). I would LOVE any excuse to forgo buying Magnetic, Nova and Octodad but I want impressions from Gaffers.

My Blues and Bullets review will be up later...but ya, it's pretty dang good if you like story focused games like telltale's offerings.

What's the word on this? The clips looks interesting, but I've been burnt by interesting looking gameplay clips before...

Still annoyed about picking up The Fall...
If you want some early morning reading, one of my reviewers checked the game out last week

Basically sounds like a game that you should enjoy for its exploration and story, not if you are looking for puzzles that will rack your brain

http://www.xboxgamer.me/whispering-willows-review/

zorbsie

Never heard of Magnetic: Case Closed, looks really cool. Any one have any impressions on that?

Thanks for the review on Whispering Willows Banjo.

No problem!

Working on lots of reviews today so hopefully I have more to share later on other games.

Steverulez also reviewed Zombi for our site which should be up shortly. He is also working on Quest of Dungeons so be sure to pester him on impressions on that game before release :p

zorbsie

Quantum Rush has been available in the U.S. since June.

I thought the same thing. But this one is called Quantum Rush: Champions. Not sure if it was called that when it was released in June. Maybe this version has added tracks or something? I was interested in the game back then, but people complained about screen tearing and bad framerates so I didn't jump in. I wonder if this is a updated version of the game. Or I might just be remembering incorrectly. :)

Fwiw, storeparser.com makes no distinction between Quantum Rush and Quantum Rush: Champions, and lists QR:C as being available since 6/19.

Looking at the reviews from June, I think this game was always called Champions on Xbox.

Ops, my bad. It still not available here and I got confused by the German release today.
Haha, no worries :p. I think it originally was US only, probably staggered releasing as they get more money?

I thought the same thing. But this one is called Quantum Rush: Champions. Not sure if it was called that when it was released in June. Maybe this version has added tracks or something? I was interested in the game back then, but people complained about screen tearing and bad framerates so I didn't jump in. I wonder if this is a updated version of the game. Or I might just be remembering incorrectly. :)

Ya, it was always called that. And yep, people said it had framerate issues and was pretty buggy. Wonder if it's been patched since release.

Also, if you an achievement buff, don't look at the achievement list, it is the most grindiest list I've seen in a while :(

Fwiw, storeparser.com makes no distinction between Quantum Rush and Quantum Rush: Champions, and lists QR:C as being available since 6/19.

Looking at the reviews from June, I think this game was always called Champions on Xbox.
Also, for what it's worth there are NO tracked gamers on xboxachievements.com with the game and only 5 on trueachievements. That's like, really really weird

speedomodel

Hmmm Whispering Willows is cheap enough for me to almost bite...
Gigantic Beta code just came in for me :)
Yep, got mine! Excited to give it a go.
My Blues and Bullets review will be up later...but ya, it's pretty dang good if you like story focused games like telltale's offerings.

If you want some early morning reading, one of my reviewers checked the game out last week

Basically sounds like a game that you should enjoy for its exploration and story, not if you are looking for puzzles that will rack your brain

http://www.xboxgamer.me/whispering-willows-review/
Looking forward to your Blues and Bullets review. Game looks great.

Blues and Bullets is well worth the £3.99 they are asking for the first chapter.

Really enjoyed my play through of the first chapter. Story has done enough to get its hooks into me, will definitely be playing the remaining chapters

I came in here just to ask about this so thank you for the impressions.

How long is the chapter? I love noir films and games.

Probably took me around 2 and a half hours to play through it. Maybe a little longer. Certainly didn't outstay its welcome.

Game is a mix of adventure game, with bits of third person shooting thrown in. More shooting gallery style stuff than a true third person shooter.

Story is really well told, and I love the art style. Really looking forward to the next chapter to see how the story progresses.

Montresor

Blues and Bullets was an instant purchase once I saw it had only 200 gamerscore overall (not 1000 overall with 800 pending like with Life Is Strange or other Telltale games).

It may make me petty but if the Blues and Bullets game failed and future episodes got cancelled, it'd annoy me to have the 800 pending gs lingering there.

We'll, not a problem! Game looks incredible either way.

Announced at PAX Prime, Jackbox Party Pack 2 is coming this fall. Only announced game so far is Fibbage 2, but it will include 4 other games as well announced at a later time.

Fibbage 2....yasssss

zorbsie

Can't seem to get Disney Infinity 3.0 to download. It just says unavailable. Is it delayed digitally or something? It's in the new releases tab too which makes it weirder.

Top Bottom