• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Released today,

Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse - 25$, 4.96GB.

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart - 10$, 807MB.
(Trial available)

Quest of Dungeons - 9$, 166MB.

Super Toy Cars - 10$ (8.50$ with gold), 790MB.

if you spend money on any of today's releases, do it on nightmares from the deep if you like hidden object games!

I wanted super toy cars.. shows up as new release but not for sale yet..

EDIT: Up on the store with a slight Gold discount to $8.49

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Super-Toy-Cars/83ee27aa-29bd-48cc-a68e-18901d5a206b

Gonna broadcast in case anyone is curious...
http://www.twitch.tv/u2numb

Broadcast over... Not feeling the game. Horrible hit detection, bad screen tearing and boring all over. Only unique thing is the ability to switch to old school blimp view.
Tried warning everyone :p. Got the full 1K GS but haven't had time to get review up yet

eastx

Yes, the price is $1.99 just like our current price on Steam. Fun fact, total coincidence but the 16th is my birthday. I thought that was kind of cool when Microsoft picked that date.

Did you guys ever add mid-level checkpoints or improve the jumping?

jbug617

Banned
COFajiiWIAAygPL.jpg

http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2015/09/04/ccrreleasedate/?linkId=16823597

Castle Crashers Remastered on Xbox One will be $14.99 which is our usual cost of admission for this classic game baby. However…if you’ve previously owned Castle Crashers on Xbox 360, you shall receive our Thank-You-For-Saving-Our-Lives-That-One-Time special price of FREE THROUGH SEPTEMBER 20th with current Xbox Live Gold membership. Be sure to scoop it up early if you want to take advantage of that awesomeness. $0.00 for our game feels like a pretty good deal to me!!!!! (I’m not much of a businessman though!!!!)

The good news is starting September 21, 2015 we’ll still have a loyalty discount for Xbox One owners, which will bring CCR’s cost down to only $5.00 if you’ve owned it before. This special $5 price is available for any Xbox Live Gold members who are previous owners of Castle Crashers on Xbox 360.

zorbsie

Classy move on Castle Crashers. Loved playing that game with buddies. I'll try and play this with my 8 year old. I think she'd really dig it.

Montresor

I've also been playing more and more of Submerged. That's a beautiful game and I'm liking how there is a little bit of a "puzzle" element tied to finding some of the secrets on each building. The mini-map lets you know there is a secret to find on a building but it doesn't tell you which side the secret is on (north, south, west, or east) and it doesn't tell you how high up the secret is. So it can sometimes be fun to go up and down a building trying to find the right pole or ledge to travel to the appropriate secret.

And although the game's visuals and art styles are beautiful... the performance is just horrible. =( I think I legitimately got a migraine from playing this game yesterday because of all its stuttering. I had to take two Advils to feel better...

So I wouldn't recommend that anyone buy this.

I finally finished Submerged, and I enjoyed it. It can't be stressed enough how bad the frame rate is though - it was really distracting, but I still think it was worth it to tolerate/grind out the frame rate to enjoy the beautiful post-apocalyptic world + music. I'd give the game a 3.5/5. Decent, worth playing if you love relaxing games and post-apocalyptic scenarios. But the frame rate is a big negative.

I'm happy I bought and played Submerged. But I started playing Whispering Willows and I hate it so far. I talked to zorbsie about it on XBL too and was disappointed to read his impressions heh (negative). The beginning cutscene has four black bars (top, bottom, left and right) and is incredibly choppy. And the game itself is just boring - navigation and traversal is annoying because it's a 2-d side-scroller that sometimes has you enter a door by going "through the screen / into the screen", not left/right... And the visuals are ugly.

Hey, looking for some advice. Xbox live's download speed is fucking atrocious for me today... I just picked up an xbox one today, and I've been trying to redownload some games I owned digitally when I had one earlier this year. I sold it cuz I needed the extra money, but I picked up the bundle that came with Gears of War UE, and I started with a smaller game to download first. Ori and the Blind Forest...isn't that only like a 2gb game? I don't remember exactly, but it's been over an hour, and I'm still only at 42%.

I don't exactly have slow internet either, I have 60mbps download speed, and I've was able to download Phantom Pain on my PS4 earlier this week in like 2 hours.

Chitown B

Hey, looking for some advice. Xbox live's download speed is fucking atrocious for me today... I just picked up an xbox one today, and I've been trying to redownload some games I owned digitally when I had one earlier this year. I sold it cuz I needed the extra money, but I picked up the bundle that came with Gears of War UE, and I started with a smaller game to download first. Ori and the Blind Forest...isn't that only like a 2gb game? I don't remember exactly, but it's been over an hour, and I'm still only at 42%.

I don't exactly have slow internet either, I have 60mbps download speed, and I've was able to download Phantom Pain on my PS4 earlier this week in like 2 hours.

check your router's port settings.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

eastx

Xbox Live download speeds have been terrible for the past few days, and Xbox.com has yet to reflect it. Took me over 24 hours to download Forza 6, which never happens with games of that size. Possible its a router issue for you (not me as I changed no settings and also rebooted the router), but I blame XBL.

Xbox Live download speeds have been terrible for the past few days, and Xbox.com has yet to reflect it. Took me over 24 hours to download Forza 6, which never happens with games of that size. Possible its a router issue for you (not me as I changed no settings and also rebooted the router), but I blame XBL.

I've taken Chitown B advice, and opened ports, and it's still crawling pretty bad. Guess I picked the wrong week to get an xbox one.

Did you guys ever add mid-level checkpoints or improve the jumping?

A few of the levels had checkpoints added/moved around to ease up the difficulty. The jumping also became commitment-less, meaning that when you stop pressing a direction in mid-air, Dwayne stops moving. Due to the precision jumps, this has made jumping significantly easier in some of the harder sections.

We also added 2 player couch co op. The feedback on things that weren't possible to fix have all been applied to the sequel. I think anyone that has played the first will be surprised at the quality of GunWorld 2. We're openly asking people for feedback after the XB1 version comes out to help improve the sequel.

Oynox

Finally bought Geometry Wars 3. Hell, it's quite difficult but on the other hand really satisfying.

I am really looking forward to CCR! Meanwhile I regret that I have been nasty to The Behemoth and accused them for not making the game backwards compatible to earn more money... and now, they give it away for free! :)

Finally bought Geometry Wars 3. Hell, it's quite difficult but on the other hand really satisfying.

I am really looking forward to CCR! Meanwhile I regret that I have been nasty to The Behemoth and accused them for not making the game backwards compatible to earn more money... and now, they give it away for free! :)

Plus they are adding The original game to the backward compatible games catalog too.

eastx

A few of the levels had checkpoints added/moved around to ease up the difficulty. The jumping also became commitment-less, meaning that when you stop pressing a direction in mid-air, Dwayne stops moving. Due to the precision jumps, this has made jumping significantly easier in some of the harder sections.

We also added 2 player couch co op. The feedback on things that weren't possible to fix have all been applied to the sequel. I think anyone that has played the first will be surprised at the quality of GunWorld 2. We're openly asking people for feedback after the XB1 version comes out to help improve the sequel.

Those sound like welcome improvements. The Steam reviews are worrisome, but hopefully the revised version of the game will find new life on consoles.

Delryk

Is anyone here able to log into rewards.xbox.com?

This web site is nightmarish right now. I've tried two different browsers on Android, two different browsers on Windows Phone, and two different browsers on a Win8 laptop. Nothing I do is letting me log into that gosh darned web site. Whenever I sign in there it looks like the browser redirects 10 times through "eprize.com" and then it just reloads rewards.xbox.com without logging me in.

I need to see if MS deposited 15,000 pending credits in my account for my Gears Ultimate pre-order (at the online MS store)... but I can't check.

My VipStatus looks messed.. i was a 3 star.. but now back to 1 with 0% to my next star.. wtf!

zorbsie

My VipStatus looks messed.. i was a 3 star.. but now back to 1 with 0% to my next star.. wtf!

Reading some of the post on the rewards forum, looks like there were changes made to the vipstatus and stars were reset for folks. I was almost at level 3 and now I'm level 2 with 0%. Here is a link to the terms and conditions that was posted in the forums.

I can't make heads or tails of the Rewards T&C.

It seems like it should completely reset each year, but I remained at 5 stars in January and again in July. Now, I get dropped to 4 stars in September.

It almost seems like it works on rotating calendar, where each month, purchases from 13 months ago fall off.

That would explain me dropping to 4 stars, but that's not how it reads in the T&C. /shrug

Those sound like welcome improvements. The Steam reviews are worrisome, but hopefully the revised version of the game will find new life on consoles.

It's a pretty improved version, adds saving as well. Even still, it is what it is and that's why it's only $2. I'm not really disingenuous about the quality, but felt it worth porting because at that price some people have found something to enjoy about it.

That and since I'm doing a sequel for Xbox One it seemed to make sense to do the port.

It's a pretty improved version, adds saving as well. Even still, it is what it is and that's why it's only $2. I'm not really disingenuous about the quality, but felt it worth porting because at that price some people have found something to enjoy about it.

That and since I'm doing a sequel for Xbox One it seemed to make sense to do the port.

Cant go wrong for $2, I will pick it up to support that.

What other games have you made? I feel like there is one on the tip of my tongue I know of but can't find the link right now

Cant go wrong for $2, I will pick it up to support that.

What other games have you made? I feel like there is one on the tip of my tongue I know of but can't find the link right now

That's the only real game. Before I founded m07games I worked on a game called Jesh that got released but wasn't ever really finished or a full game. I still want to go back and make that as a full game someday.

Top Bottom