• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Montresor

Screenshot-Original.png

I finished Blues And Bullets Episode 1. The story and art style are really great (above is a screenshot of the game). But the character models, character animations, and voice acting are horrible. The game play itself is decent, but given that this is a story-based game in the point-and-click genre of adventure game, I expect a lot more out of the character models and the voice acting. I give the game a 2.5/5.

Strengths:

*Great story, very dark
*Beautiful art style

Weaknesses:

*Ugly character models
*Bad character animations (everything from walking around to characters' hand movements during conversations looks bad)
*Very bad voice acting - to be fair there was one section near the end, where a character named "Osmund Burke" entered the story. That part had wonderful voice acting, but I was disappointed with every other character

Neutral:

*The game play was just serviceable. I like how they mixed it up with actual third-person shooting segments.

Montresor

Gears Ultimate Edition is just a brilliant game. I love the first campaign and it's so nice to actually have a Gears game on an Xbox console again.

I've also been playing more and more of Submerged. That's a beautiful game and I'm liking how there is a little bit of a "puzzle" element tied to finding some of the secrets on each building. The mini-map lets you know there is a secret to find on a building but it doesn't tell you which side the secret is on (north, south, west, or east) and it doesn't tell you how high up the secret is. So it can sometimes be fun to go up and down a building trying to find the right pole or ledge to travel to the appropriate secret.

And although the game's visuals and art styles are beautiful... the performance is just horrible. =( I think I legitimately got a migraine from playing this game yesterday because of all its stuttering. I had to take two Advils to feel better...

So I wouldn't recommend that anyone buy this.

Montresor

And I can't wait until BC goes into overdrive. How great is it going to be to just casually play games from my 360 backlog on XB1... I've had Enslaved forever. Would love to pop it into my XB1 and take screenshots of its environments.

Montresor

You people are going to want to kill me (3 posts in a row!) but anyone know the expected release dates for the following?

Life Is Strange Episode 5
Game of Thrones (by Telltale) Episode 6
Tales from the Borderlands Episode 5
King's Quest Episode 2
Blues And Bullets Episode 2

gar3

And I can't wait until BC goes into overdrive. How great is it going to be to just casually play games from my 360 backlog on XB1... I've had Enslaved forever. Would love to pop it into my XB1 and take screenshots of its environments.
My thoughts exactly. I have so many discs and XBLA games that I haven't even begun to explore. Having the ability to quickly move from an XB1 game to one of these is gonna be neat for sure and a very welcomed ability to the console.

Tawpgun

Anyone having crazy slow download times? My network statistics seem fine but for whatever reason my bandwith usage is pitiful.

I used to be able to download entire games no problem. It look me almost 2 days to download Gears of War.

You people are going to want to kill me (3 posts in a row!) but anyone know the expected release dates for the following?

Life Is Strange Episode 5
Game of Thrones (by Telltale) Episode 6
Tales from the Borderlands Episode 5
King's Quest Episode 2
Blues And Bullets Episode 2
All of them had the previous episodes release recently so nothing is known of any of those yet

Life Is Strange Episode 5. Episodes have been coming out every 3 months so I'm guessing late september early October

Game of Thrones (by Telltale) Episode 6. "Soon" No official word but it seems that September is pretty likely.

Tales from the Borderlands Episode 5. Late November early December.

King's Quest Episode 2. Probably not before 2016. The developer said there will be a minimum of 4 months between episodes,

speedomodel

Whispering Willows was short and interesting, not great.

Had a blast with Blues and Bullets, loved the art-style and the gameplay was surprisingly great as well. Didn't mind the dialogue or voice acting at all. Thought character models looked great for being an indie release.

The Deer God at first seemed to me like a platformer with competent mechanics and an odd setup. Then it throws in a hunger meter, a day/night cycle, usable item drops, a morality system, NPCs that want you to find things for them, and even bosses (I found I giant frog boss I couldn't kill). Then there's the fact that you grow up over time, gaining increased jump height and I think HP and dmg increases. If you die, you respawn as a fawn and are weak again. Where I'm at now is a desert area with little food, and I keep respawning as a fawn and can't make the jump to move right and find more food. So I just keep starving to death.

Vert boil

Where I'm at now is a desert area with little food, and I keep respawning as a fawn and can't make the jump to move right and find more food. So I just keep starving to death.

Is it a vertical jump? You have to use the Growth power up to grow a vine. You might have to survive long enough to level up to be able to use it.

Despite it not being very polished, I've enjoyed my time with The Deer God so far. The only major problems I've had are when I've been turned into another animal. As a snake I always manage to fall through the level and as a porcupine you can't jump so I'm stuck waiting til I starve, but it is supposed to be a punishment.

-----
Extreme Exorcism will coming out Sept 23rd, 13$.

Site - Trailer

Announced dates so far,

4th Sept, Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse
4th Sept, Nightmares From The Deep: The Cursed Heart
4th Sept, Quest of Dungeons
4th Sept, Super Toy Cars
8th Sept, Neverwinter: Elemental Evil
9th Sept, Castle Crashers Remastered
9th Sept, ClusterPuck 99
9th Sept, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
11th Sept, Draw a Stickman Epic
11th Sept, Leo's Fortune
15th Sept, Quiplash: DLC
16th Sept, GunWorld
17th Sept, Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows
18th Sept, Earth Wars
18th Sept, Inside My Radio
18th Sept, Plague Inc: Evolved
18th Sept, Pumped BMX+
23rd Sept, Extreme Exorcism
25th Sept, Guns, Gore & Cannoli
30th Sept, Standpoint

2nd Oct, Polychromatic

The Deer God at first seemed to me like a platformer with competent mechanics and an odd setup. Then it throws in a hunger meter, a day/night cycle, usable item drops, a morality system, NPCs that want you to find things for them, and even bosses (I found I giant frog boss I couldn't kill). Then there's the fact that you grow up over time, gaining increased jump height and I think HP and dmg increases. If you die, you respawn as a fawn and are weak again. Where I'm at now is a desert area with little food, and I keep respawning as a fawn and can't make the jump to move right and find more food. So I just keep starving to death.

This actually sounds like my nightmare game. Maybe I'll just delete it.

zorbsie

Deer God is getting some serious hate. I'm really enjoying my time with it. I think it looks great. With the post processing it's above your average pixel art indie game, especially in motion. I did get stuck like the poster above, but I just went the other way and hung out until I grew a bit and could make the jump. Also later on in the game you gain a power that lets you grow vines you climb up. There seems to be a lot to the game that isn't explained at all, which is part of the fun. I feel like I'm discovering things in the game all the time.

Deer God is getting some serious hate. I'm really enjoying my time with it. I think it looks great. With the post processing it's above your average pixel art indie game, especially in motion. I did get stuck like the poster above, but I just went the other way and hung out until I grew a bit and could make the jump. Also later on in the game you gain a power that lets you grow vines you climb up. There seems to be a lot to the game that isn't explained at all, which is part of the fun. I feel like I'm discovering things in the game all the time.

i liked it but the game was pretty buggy from what i played. It sorta reminded me of tokyo jungle.

Hey guys thought I'd ask here. With Forza 6 around the corner, is now a good time to buy an XBONE? Or should I wait for an eventual price drop?

Is it a vertical jump? You have to use the Growth power up to grow a vine. You might have to survive long enough to level up to be able to use it.

This is the spot. The first jump is up to where the tortoise is, which is too high to do as a freshly spawned fawn, unless the tortoise drops down and I jump off his back. I can make it with just a double jump once I've grown up one stage.

The second jump is a bit higher. If I grow up one stage, and the tortoise stays up there so I can jump from his back, I still can come close, but still can't quite make the jump.

At this point my abilities are just double jump and dash. The only item I've had that would assist in jumping higher was a bouncy mushroom, but I used that already and don't have any more. If I run back to the left I could maybe find enough food to survive long enough to grow up more and make the jump, or find the right item to make it.

Also, not sure if this means much, as I think the world is procedurally generated, but just to the left of the jump I can't make is a woman with 2 kids that wants me to find her some witch hazel. This is where it's been spawning me when I die.

Ohmbrew

I hate to be a tease, but the game I was told would be stealthily launching on July 15th has been delayed at the last minute due to a certification issue. No wonder they didn't want to announce the date yet! No new date until they get the bug fixed and pass certification.

Sorry for getting people's hopes up.

Hi Eastx,

I few weeks back you were talking about the game above that you were excited about, but could not mention because it was delayed. Did you ever mention which game it was (sorry if I missed it) and if not, any idea when?

Thanks!

eastx

Hi Eastx,

I few weeks back you were talking about the game above that you were excited about, but could not mention because it was delayed. Did you ever mention which game it was (sorry if I missed it) and if not, any idea when?

Thanks!

Ha, I forgot all about that. The game was Magic Duels: Origins. It finally came out a while back. :)

Ohmbrew

Ha, I forgot all about that. The game was Magic Duels: Origins. It finally came out a while back. :)

ah, I see. Thanks for the update. I see why you were excited for it. I have loved playing it since release! Can't wait for more sets to be released.

Thanks again!

Vert boil

At this point my abilities are just double jump and dash. The only item I've had that would assist in jumping higher was a bouncy mushroom, but I used that already and don't have any more. If I run back to the left I could maybe find enough food to survive long enough to grow up more and make the jump, or find the right item to make it.

Also, not sure if this means much, as I think the world is procedurally generated, but just to the left of the jump I can't make is a woman with 2 kids that wants me to find her some witch hazel. This is where it's been spawning me when I die.

Just double checking here, have you been using the powers that unlock through solving the deer puzzles (you push stones around and the deer statue's eyes glow purple once you've solved them)?
At the top of your inventory screen there is a image of your deer with antlers, at the lowest level you should see the fireball and something else, once you evolve from the fawn another will be usable, the Growth power up is one of those. To equip them, click on the icon then select which slot to put them in you ability bar.

If you've been using them and you haven't received the Growth power up then it might be bugged.

Just double checking here, have you been using the powers that unlock through solving the deer puzzles (you push stones around and the deer statue's eyes glow purple once you've solved them)?
At the top of your inventory screen there is a image of your deer with antlers, at the lowest level you should see the fireball and something else, once you evolve from the fawn another will be usable, the Growth power up is one of those. To equip them, click on the icon then select which slot to put them in you ability bar.

If you've been using them and you haven't received the Growth power up then it might be bugged.

I think I missed a statue puzzle. I completed the first one and got dash. The second one, I think I pushed the blocks around and it didn't seem to do anything, so I moved on.

I did make the jump finally (YouTube clip). While starving to death and trying to make it, I grew up and that gave me the little bit extra I needed, along with jumping from the tortoise's back. There was a cave with spiders shortly after, and now I'm at another deer statue puzzle I can't figure out.

Here's what my inventory/upgrades screen looks like:

Vert boil

I think I missed a statue puzzle. I completed the first one and got dash. The second one, I think I pushed the blocks around and it didn't seem to do anything, so I moved on.

I did make the jump finally (YouTube clip). While starving to death and trying to make it, I grew up and that gave me the little bit extra I needed, along with jumping from the tortoise's back. There was a cave with spiders shortly after, and now I'm at another deer statue puzzle I can't figure out.

Here's what my inventory/upgrades screen looks like:

Good good.
When you solve the deer puzzles you need to stand in front of the deer statue and it will give you the new power. They can be a bit finicky and some do require the powers you receive from completing other puzzles. Hopefully it will keep generating the old puzzles for you so you don't need to backtrack/restart if you get stuck again. Post a pic of the puzzle if you can't get it to work.

Ade

Hm, I'm tempted to go back and try the new movement (which had a lot of room for improvement last I checked, although it was still fun). I'm still a bit afraid to fall into that timesink again, though... I already spent an unreasonable amount of time on it.

Same, I got burned out shortly after Mesa, I think Im about MR14 and am really tempted to go back...

Hmmmm...

Montresor

Is anyone here able to log into rewards.xbox.com?

This web site is nightmarish right now. I've tried two different browsers on Android, two different browsers on Windows Phone, and two different browsers on a Win8 laptop. Nothing I do is letting me log into that gosh darned web site. Whenever I sign in there it looks like the browser redirects 10 times through "eprize.com" and then it just reloads rewards.xbox.com without logging me in.

I need to see if MS deposited 15,000 pending credits in my account for my Gears Ultimate pre-order (at the online MS store)... but I can't check.

eastx

Is anyone here able to log into rewards.xbox.com?

This web site is nightmarish right now. I've tried two different browsers on Android, two different browsers on Windows Phone, and two different browsers on a Win8 laptop. Nothing I do is letting me log into that gosh darned web site. Whenever I sign in there it looks like the browser redirects 10 times through "eprize.com" and then it just reloads rewards.xbox.com without logging me in.

Just logged in successfully with Firefox. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with it. :(

Gunworld:Xbox One Edition is releasing September 16 in U.S. And Canada. The price mentioned in the PR email is $1.99. I feel like that's a typo, but if not, that's like instant buy category haha.

Edit: That is the steam price also so seems it is legit!

http://youtu.be/RroIcs95Fqo

U2NUMB

Gunworld:Xbox One Edition is releasing September 16 in U.S. And Canada. The price mentioned in the PR email is $1.99. I feel like that's a typo, but if not, that's like instant buy category haha.

Edit: That is the steam price also so seems it is legit!

http://youtu.be/RroIcs95Fqo

Yes, the price is $1.99 just like our current price on Steam. Fun fact, total coincidence but the 16th is my birthday. I thought that was kind of cool when Microsoft picked that date.

Top Bottom