• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

I downloaded the update two-player underground and fired it up only to find the same rubber-banding and low fps during the lobby areas. I would say the FBS has slightly improved in the lobby area but still a lot of work as needed. The game is playable once everyone has landed on the map. I've come to find that the rubber-banding is sometimes bad and sometimes not bad at all

leng jai

Yeah it should, by default the 1X makes unpatched games run a lot smoother if they struggle to hit their frame rate target on the base console Xbox. It also adds 16 AF by default. I would imagine split screen modes would benefit a lot since they typically runs worse since they have to render everything twice

f@luS

More than a member.
Native 4k ? That’s amazing. Between this and fighterz beta I can’t wait for the Week end

Wow. Forza Horizon 3 is going to look absolutely amazing in 4k. Bring on the 15th!

Hopefully we'll start seeing some more Xbox 360 BC titles getting the 4k update starting from this week or next as well. It'd be fantastic to see FH1 (& 2) receive a resolution boost.

Having played fh3 in 4k on pc you all are in for a treat. Seeing it in HDR 4k will be on a whole other level!

EBE

Yeah, Forza Horizon (the best FH) IN 4K would be awesome. I need that rally expansion back. Don't know how likely it is given that it was delisted

Zimmy68

I saw Batman Arkham Origins in the updated list in my games and apps section. Was hoping for an XBox One X upgrade but I doubt it.
I'll try it tonight.
I was expecting (and hoping) the XB1X team would keep updating older games. They seem to have stopped in their tracks.

thatJohann

I saw Batman Arkham Origins in the updated list in my games and apps section. Was hoping for an XBox One X upgrade but I doubt it.
I'll try it tonight.
I was expecting (and hoping) the XB1X team would keep updating older games. They seem to have stopped in their tracks.

Is this the remastered 360 game? Or the newer current gen Batman?

Zimmy68

Is this the remastered 360 game? Or the newer current gen Batman?
It's the Backwards Compatible Xbox 360 game. They never remastered Origins. I wish they would have because it is my favorite of the 3.
If they gave it the Fallout 3 4k treatment, it would probably look better then the Xbox One remasters.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'll try it tonight.
It was because they took the holidays off.
Must be nice to get close to a month.

Now that the holidays are over we should get more frequent updates.

BatSu

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is listed on Microsoft’s official Xbox One X enhanced page. Can you share with us your take as a developer on the ‘most powerful console ever made’ as well as the technical specifications of this version (native resolution, target frame rate, graphics settings etc.)?
Currently, it surely is the most powerful console. In general, it allows us to use 1440p resolution, top quality Global Illumination, more and better shadows, better lighting and LOD distances compared to the regular Xbox One.

https://wccftech.com/kingdom-come-1440p-xb1x-1080p-ps4-pro/

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I used to think this, but after seeing Witcher 3 in 4K/HDR I no longer feel that way and I will take the 4K/30fps option over the 60fps option all the time.

Still, giving gamers the option is best.

The stuttering with 30 FPS is just too annoying to me, and I would prefer performance over graphics any day. But hey different strokes for different folks:)

Zimmy68

Soo... has anyone tried the updated Batman Arkham Origins? Is it now X enhanced? or is it an unknown patch?

I launched it. Didn't notice any difference.
Strange they update a BC title, usually once it has been created and tested, they are done with it.

It runs good on the Xbox One but could really use some anti aliasing.

YoshiMax

Strange they update a BC title, usually once it has been created and tested, they are done with it.

It’s not at all they often update the emulator and it’ll have a knock on effect on existing BC titles it’s very commonplace. It’s a sign of new titles coming down the line.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The stuttering with 30 FPS is just too annoying to me, and I would prefer performance over graphics any day. But hey different strokes for different folks:)
What stuttering are you talking about?

Frame rate at 4K on X1X is rock solid.

I just did a whole new play through and never had a noticeable performance drop.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
What stuttering are you talking about?

Frame rate at 4K on X1X is rock solid.
I just did a whole new play through and never had a noticeable performance drop.

My eyes are sensitive to 30 fps I can see the stuttering in games and some movies as well.

BatSu

I always prefer the fps before the resolution, but after seeing Assasssin's CO ...., I'm satisfied with 30fps. You change the way you think when you admire a good game at 4k with HDR the frames is secondary

Last edited:

munroe

When I first got the X and rise of the tomb raider, I initially played in performance mode and thought this is great, it's so smooth. But after trying the quality mode and just seeing it in 4k with HDR, I can't go back to performance mode now.

Zimmy68

I'd love to hear the inner workings of what it takes to get an Xbox One X patch done.
Microsoft seems to be following the PS4 Pro footprint of announce all this legacy support and when the console is released, crickets.
After Forza Horizon 3, what is the next big legacy game expected? Master Chief Collection? What else?
Does MS charge a fee for those patches?, because if they do, they should flip it and pay the publishers.
I still don't understand why a game already enhanced for PS4 Pro isn't on the X yesterday.
Where is Shadow of Mordor, Prey, Watch Dogs 2, AssCreed Syndicate and Ezio Collection?

I'd love to hear the inner workings of what it takes to get an Xbox One X patch done.
Microsoft seems to be following the PS4 Pro footprint of announce all this legacy support and when the console is released, crickets.
After Forza Horizon 3, what is the next big legacy game expected? Master Chief Collection? What else?
Does MS charge a fee for those patches?, because if they do, they should flip it and pay the publishers.
I still don't understand why a game already enhanced for PS4 Pro isn't on the X yesterday.
Where is Shadow of Mordor, Prey, Watch Dogs 2, AssCreed Syndicate and Ezio Collection?

I think it's just a matter of the publisher not bothering. It would of course be great to get those patches, but these are games that came out more than a year ago so I guess they don't see much benefit in enhancing them.

Zimmy68

I guess it all depends if it generate sales.
I know for a fact I would buy Prey again if they updated it on the XB1X.
I wonder if the Witcher 3 update (I remember them originally saying they weren't updating) moved the needle.
Still, if the framework is there (PS4 Pro update) I doubt it would take much work to enhance for XBX1X, especially if it is just a rez bump.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Maybe my eyes are just more sensitive? It wasn’t a 30 fps vs 60 fps or anything, I just answered your question.
I can go with the notion that you prefer 60fps, but I am having a hard time believing anyone who says they can’t enjoy 30fps since almost every game on any console hovers around that mark. If that really is true then you should get out of gaming altogether because 30fps is going to be the norm with the CPUs being what they are.

That could change once Next gen consoles start to implement Ryzen tech.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I can go with the notion that you prefer 60fps, but I am having a hard time believing anyone who says they can’t enjoy 30fps since almost every game on any console hovers around that mark. If that really is true then you should get out of gaming altogether because 30fps is going to be the norm with the CPUs being what they are.

That could change once Next gen consoles start to implement Ryzen tech.

All games could run at 60fps now. Developers choose to prioritize graphics and other features above frame rate, so they push them down to 30. Ryzen is not going to eliminate tradeoffs and some developers are still going to choose to lower frame rates to get other things they want.

Top Bottom