• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox + Starfield Showcase | OT | Phil'shank Redemption | 3:00 am AEST | 2:30 am ACST | 1:00 am AWST (12 June) United States – 10:00 am PT | 1:00 pm ET

Do you think the Xbox Showcase will be good?

• Yes

Votes: 143 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • It will destroy Summer Game Fest 2023

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • It will destroy the terrible PlayStation Showcase 2023

Votes: 61 21.4%
  • Starfield will be Game of The Year regardeless

Votes: 16 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

936a1cnpp8

Excited Arrested Development GIF

Last edited:

Gorgon

Pretty sure everyhting that is officially first party will be coming to Gamepass. I dont really see what difference it makes anyway.

As a new XSX owner, clarify this for me: does Gamepass include future DLC for a first-party game?

Playstation fans have been panicking and throwing shit fits since the P3R leak.

It's obvioust that MS will have a marketing deal. Just like P3P/P4G/P5R, P3R will come to PS4/PS5/Switch but you'll need to wait a few days for the announcement.

The Xbox never got P5: Strikers, right? Wasn't it supposed to come at some point, or did Sony manage to get indefinite exclusivity? Anyone knows? I have it on PS5, but I'm curious, since I didn't find it on the Xbox store.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
As a new XSX owner, clarify this for me: does Gamepass include future DLC for a first-party game?

The Xbox never got P5: Strikers, right? Wasn't it supposed to come at some point, or did Sony manage to get indefinite exclusivity? Anyone knows? I have it on PS5, but I'm curious, since I didn't find it on the Xbox store.
Don't know about Strikers. I bought it on PS4, PC, and Switch. Don't have an Xbox so don't know if it's on it.

after googling yeah it didn't come to Xbox. it's a spin off game and not a mainline Persona game so that might be why.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stuart360

Well i'm on PC Gamepass but usually you just get the base game on Gamepass, and you have to buy expansions, mtx, etc. I think there is the odd game where they have put the 'complete' editions onto Gamepass, but thats been older games.

Stuart360

Another game I want on xbox is quake championship. Why isn't this game on Xbox I will never understand.
I'm only speculating here but i dont think the game did as well as they were hoping for, especially as its F2P (only 500 ingame right now). Also the PC verison doesnt have controller support, due to the kind of shooter it is, maybe that has something to do with it too.

feynoob

Banned
I'm only speculating here but i dont think the game did as well as they were hoping for, especially as its F2P (only 500 ingame right now). Also the PC verison doesnt have controller support, due to the kind of shooter it is, maybe that has something to do with it too.
The game needs full remake.
Old graphics doesnt cut anymore.

Gorgon

The main show and the Starfield event are going to be streamed on the Xbox too, right? WOuld like to watch this on the big screen instead of the computer.

My ideal show would be:
Perfect dark
Hellblade 2
Halo br
Gears 6
Avowed
Elder scrolls 6
New quake from the doom team
Indiana jones
Fable
A new ip that looks amazing
And all of these 3-7 minutes of gameplay.

Of course this would never happen
Starfield controller from different angles
FyFpOIqXoAAV__B
FyFpOvWXsAARJf5
FyFpQ8cXsAEltac
FyFpSHNX0AEkUo0

this is pretty awesome - if I was into controllers I’d buy it

skit_data

Gold Member
I have pretty high expectations from these showcases, based on what Aaron Greenberg tweeted and their teasing. My bet is that this showcase will be the best one of the "sorta E3" showcases, it would take some massive missteps for this to not achieve that considering what they supposedly will be showcasing (Forza, Fable, Avowed and Starfield). I just hope they will showcase all games running on Series X rather than PC, but considering Spencer acknowledged that as being a problem during the Kinda Funny interview I think its a safe bet.

simpatico

Gold Member
Time Traveler checking in. Just wanted to let you lot know that Starfield ends up being widely accepted as the greatest digital artwork of all time. Bringing in more casual fans than Wii Sports while somehow also being deeper than Star Citizen. Before the end of day today it will shatter every preorder record. It releases on 11/7/23 and pulls a metacritic of 98.

feynoob

Banned
Time Traveler checking in. Just wanted to let you lot know that Starfield ends up being widely accepted as the greatest digital artwork of all time. Bringing in more casual fans than Wii Sports while somehow also being deeper than Star Citizen. Before the end of day today it will shatter every preorder record. It releases on 11/7/23 and pulls a metacritic of 98.
African American Reaction GIF

Stuart360

I have pretty high expectations from these showcases, based on what Aaron Greenberg tweeted and their teasing. My bet is that this showcase will be the best one of the "sorta E3" showcases, it would take some massive missteps for this to not achieve that considering what they supposedly will be showcasing (Forza, Fable, Avowed and Starfield). I just hope they will showcase all games running on Series X rather than PC, but considering Spencer acknowledged that as being a problem during the Kinda Funny interview I think its a safe bet.
It wont be hard to be the best out of this years conferences. That still doesnt mean it will be great, and i have my expectations firmly in check.
I feel those conveniantly leaked game lists have given people expectations that probably wont be met.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I take back what I said about Sony's Showcase.

I should have reserved that for the Microsoft showcase. After looking at the rumors, this could possibly be the greatest gaming show of all time. If anything we'll see Xbox console sales jump up at least 150% after this one. At the end of this gen, we'll all look back and say this is the moment Xbox returned.

Anyway, mostly hyped for Fable. I have very high hopes for that one.

My hype for Starfield has also gone up. I'm now convinced this will be a game of the gen contender.

Top Bottom