• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox + Starfield Showcase | OT | Phil'shank Redemption | 3:00 am AEST | 2:30 am ACST | 1:00 am AWST (12 June) United States – 10:00 am PT | 1:00 pm ET

Do you think the Xbox Showcase will be good?

• Yes

Votes: 143 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • It will destroy Summer Game Fest 2023

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • It will destroy the terrible PlayStation Showcase 2023

Votes: 61 21.4%
  • Starfield will be Game of The Year regardeless

Votes: 16 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WoodyStare

Sarah Bond arriving at the Xbox showcase

giphy.gif

killatopak

Gold Member
I hope it's really good for the love of Todd.

Probably one of my most anticipated games. Just give me Fallout in space and I'll be satisfied. Anything extra is just cherry on top.

XXL

Hopefully we get to see some gameplay for Avowed and Fable. I'm also excited to get a deeper dive into Starfield.

Does the Starfield part continue on the same stream? Or is a different one?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
There is an Xbox plaza?

There is and it houses The Xbox Theater where they held their last 2 live E3s and where they were going to hold this years E3 before it got cancelled. It is such a superior venue to the LACC and my 2 favorite E3s were there.

This alone will make this showcase better than the other shitshows we've had so far this year. It's almost like E3 is still here, at least for Xbox fans.

Bartski

Gold Member
At this point Xbox is either constantly doing controlled leaks as a weid marketing scheme, or they just accept having their reveal schedule constantly jeopardized by this hairy ballsack for the sake of keeping team green press all buttered up

feynoob

Banned
At this point Xbox is either constantly doing controlled leaks as a weid marketing scheme, or they just accept having their reveal schedule constantly jeopardized by this hairy ballsack for the sake of keeping team green press all buttered up

MS does control leak.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Yes, right next to the Microsoft Theater in downtown LA. It's the same plaza as the Crypto.com Arena, where the Kings, Lakers and Clippers play. There are also tons of hotels, restaurants and nightclubs in the area. There is even an Xbox Walk of Fame.
0WAFLKf.jpg
That is so cool I've never noticed that before. I wonder if it's new, I haven't been there in a few years.

Trunx81

Half Life 3 exclusive on GamePass - let’s gooooo!

High hopes for the whole industry right now. Especially after Sonys… “act”.

Stuart360

Hope there is not too much talking between games. 1h20mins isnt THAT long if we get a load of talking and dev interviews etc between games (assuming the Starfield deep dive is only 30mins long, could be longer).

Some are going crazy with the expectations. I’ve never seen a showcase that truly lived up to the hype for everyone - the suits are just too out of touch. Unless I’m forgetting something

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
~50 minutes to go!

What will (1) make this showcase great for you, and (2) make this showcase a letdown for you?

Personally, it's been way too long for Xbox, and this show would be great for me if they show gameplay of every game they showed 3 years ago in 2020 + some new Phase 2 games.

It'll be a let down for me if they only show gameplay footage of 2-3 of those games and skip out on a few once again.

P.S. I think people will really like what Compulsion games show today.

Laieon

~50 minutes to go!

What will (1) make this showcase great for you, and (2) make this showcase a letdown for you?

Personally, it's been way too long for Xbox, and this show would be great for me if they show gameplay of every game they showed 3 years ago in 2020 + some new Phase 2 games.

It'll be a let down for me if they only show gameplay footage of 2-3 of those games and skip out on a few once again.

P.S. I think people will really like what Compulsion games show today.

1. Fable gameplay
2. No Fable gameplay

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Ugh, I hate forced localized content like this. Aren't companies supposed to just have different youtube channels by region/country rather than automatically serve you yours from the main link/stream? I really don't wanna watch such presentations/read game pages etc., in Greek, lol.

Edit: yay, it doesn't detect that from a discord embed of the video, yet, so I can watch it there in English.

Last edited:
I think avowed should be more hyped than starfield...

Obsidian first person fantasy rpg. Meaning an elder scrolls with good rpg systems andbhand written creative quests more than likely.

You're excited for starfield if you dont know enough about games to see that they've been slipping year after year. And casualized each time for the dude bros

Draugoth

Gold Member
Ugh, hate forced localized content like this. Aren't companies supposed to just have different youtube channels by region/country rather than automatically serve you yours from the main link/stream? I really don't wanna watch such presentations/read game pages etc., in Greek, lol.

Twitch

Is she a celebrity/influencer? If yes, please share her name / Instagram ... for Science.

🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom