• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Countdown to 2017 Sale Thread - includes daily and weekly offers

oti

Banned
Was really hoping for a sick horizon 3 sale. Ah well

I remember waiting for a Horizon 2 sale. I was even ready to pay a bit more than retail prices to have it digital and to support the devs more. Eventually my patience ran low and I bought it for dirt cheap used.

Sales on consoles are bad.

Senteevs

I can't describe how much I hate all that region bullshit.
Was able to buy Just Cause 2 through VPN, but whatever I do, everytime I try to buy Deus X (Backwards Compatible), I get an error.

sam777

Was able to buy Just Cause 2 through VPN, but whatever I do, everytime I try to buy Deus X (Backwards Compatible), I get an error.

You can only buy Xbox One games via region switching now and that is by buying the Xbox credit of the currency you need.

Chris1

That's because your account region is different to where you live. Change your account region and you shouldn't have a problem

Senteevs

You can only buy Xbox One games via region switching now and that is by buying the Xbox credit of the currency you need.

Yes. But I'm talking about XBox 360 games that are backwards compatible. I bought Just Cause 2 yesterday through VPN with my credit card from my PC. I can't do the same with Deus X: Human Revolution.

sam777

Yes. But I'm talking about XBox 360 games that are backwards compatible. I bought Just Cause 2 yesterday through VPN with my credit card from my PC. I can't do the same with Deus X: Human Revolution.

Oh right I was not even aware that buying 360 games via vpn was even possible tbh.

MauroNL

Added deals today

Xbox One:
• FIFA 17 - $59.99 > $30.00
• FIFA 17 Deluxe Edition - $79.99 > $40.00
• FIFA 17 Super Deluxe Edition - $99.99 > $69.99
Xbox 360:

Not sure if this is tomorrows deal already, because it showed up a little early on storeparser, but it probably is.

Daily Deal December 26
Xbox One:
• FIFA 17 Deluxe Edition - $79.99 > $40.00
• FIFA 17 Super Deluxe Edition - $99.99 > $69.99

I'm hopeful that the Christmas and Christmas Eve daily deals are horrible because they expect a lot of people to be too busy to pay attention.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but the Windows 10 Store says the entire Gears of War series is available on Xbox One (via BC) with the purchase Gears of War 4 which is playable on both PC and Xbox One. Not a bad deal for $33.

Windows 10 Store said:
For a limited time, purchase and redeem your copy of Gears of War 4 and get the entire Xbox 360 Gears of War collection for use on Xbox One!

The Xbox 360 Gears of War collection includes Xbox 360 titles Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3 and Gears of War: Judgement. Each titles works as part of the Xbox One Backward Compatibility program. 32GB of hard drive space required. To qualify, purchase and redeem Gears of War 4 on Xbox Live by December 31, 2016.

blakep267

I mean NBA 2k is the second most played game in the US right now. From a business and casual standpoint VC sale absolutely makes sense

borges

Banned
I'm really considering Slain, it looks right up my alley.

But man, I don't need any more games lol.

Lol, yeah. I start to feel guilty to have so many games on my backlog that I dont even started. Today Ill start paying my debt playing a bit of Darksiders II DE.

watdaeff4

Someone probably thought it would be a cute tie in with the NBA Christmas Day games. They were wrong.

From a $$ perspective, they probably made a decent move.

In the sports world - 12/25 is NBA day.

NBA2K sells a lot.
NBA2K is already on sale.
Throw in VC discount for some even more easy $$.

Sports games aren't big on GAF, but in 'Mericuh they are huge.

PeterGAF

Banned
From a $$ perspective, they probably made a decent move.

In the sports world - 12/25 is NBA day.

NBA2K sells a lot.
NBA2K is already on sale.
Throw in VC discount for some even more easy $$.

Sports games aren't big on GAF, but in 'Mericuh they are huge.
Oh no doubt! I love sports! I believe it! Heck I'm watching basketball right now. Probably a great business decision. It just doesn't make for a very exciting daily deal haha.

W.S.

I hope they put some XBO games that are barely on sale in the future week/daily deals like Shadow Warrior, Bladestorm Nightmare, Final Fantasy Type 0, Arslan: Warriors of Legend, & Dying Light DLC.

Same for the 360 with Bayonetta, Binary Domain, Singularity, Crackdown 2, The Darkness 2, Warhammer 40k: Space Marine.

It's annoying that those stick to their MSRP price more often than not.

Defect

There are a few games on sale on the windows store. I got Shadow Complex for $5, Spartan Assault for $1, Spartan Strike for $2-3, Gears Ultimate for $15.

Flux

There are a few games on sale on the windows store. I got Shadow Complex for $5, Spartan Assault for $1, Spartan Strike for $2-3, Gears Ultimate for $15.
Nice find. Don't really pay attention to that store. Shadow complex on PC is great.

AlexBasch

OP sales end Thursday, but a new batch drops wednesday so expect the same amount of titles but new ones. Also there are 7 more dailys left.
Ah, I recall reading it would end on 26, and kinda remembered that the Spotight sale or something ended in the first days of this year.

Still thinking about picking something up, but yeah, I wanted FH3 for cheaper than this. :/

watdaeff4

Oh no doubt! I love sports! I believe it! Heck I'm watching basketball right now. Probably a great business decision. It just doesn't make for a very exciting daily deal haha.

No it doesn't but frankly considering the weekly sale and the sale next week they don't have a lot of options for the dailies.

While I'm watching the dailies, I'm not expecting much

Flux

Does this still run like shit on Xbox?
It's okay. They've since patched the performance so it's not dropping frames for no reason. If you chain a massive explosion it drops obviously. I really only don't like the load times. It's GTA levels of bad on consoles.

AlexBasch

If it's playable, I might as well bite for this. Really liked 2 but heard really, really rough stuff about the performance in both consoles. :|

Falchion

Just a PSA, don't buy Just Cause 3 on sale. The performance is borderline unacceptable and this is coming from someone who beat it on Xbox.

Top Bottom