• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Countdown to 2017 Sale Thread - includes daily and weekly offers

Only Resident Evil games I played were the first 2, and I enjoyed the story but HATED the perspective and controls. I know 4 gets great praise, but I wasn't a fan of the clunky (in my opinion) controls and aiming system. Does 4 or hell, 5 or 6 have "modern controls" ? $10 for each seems easily worth it if that's the case.

Admodieus

Only Resident Evil games I played were the first 2, and I enjoyed the story but HATED the perspective and controls. I know 4 gets great praise, but I wasn't a fan of the clunky (in my opinion) controls and aiming system. Does 4 or hell, 5 or 6 have "modern controls" ? $10 for each seems easily worth it if that's the case.

They are definitely more modern than the old ones, but to different degrees. 4 uses a single stick for moving and aiming, so you have to stop and shoot (which works for the atmosphere of the game, IMO). 5 and 6 move towards true third person shooter control schemes, with moving and looking/aiming on separate sticks. Having said all of that, 4 is a must play.

Alright. Got a $50 gift card from the wife yesterday. Getting Titanfall 2, Ori, and Resident Evil 4. See you guys next month! Thanks Admodieus.

Alright. Got a $50 gift card from the wife yesterday. Getting Titanfall 2, Ori, and Resident Evil 4. See you guys next month! Thanks Admodieus.

Really, really good picks.

I'm mot quite as high on TF2 as others, but Ori and RE4 are sublime. Amazing how well RE4 holds up.

MauroNL

Where are you guys finding Shadow Complex for sale? I only see the regular price for both.
I think he means on the Windows 10 store, not Xbox. But there is a decent chance of it going on sale in the next Xbox batch which are dropping this wednesday evening.

Chris1

Good picks. Ori is fantastic and titanfall campaign is amazing with a decent multiplayer. Re4 is re4 you kinda know what you're getting.

Don't forget you get both De and standard Ori with it. Ori De is better and comes with dlc but the standard Ori means free achievements

xkramz

I'm stuck between FFXV or tf2. I love rpg and I love fps. I want both but could only afford one atm. I haven't read much reviews on either

Which has a longer lasting appeal? With that said, Im not super crazy about tf1 mp

I'm stuck between FFXV or tf2. I love rpg and I love fps. I want both but could only afford one atm. I haven't read much reviews on either

Which has a longer lasting appeal? With that said, Im not super crazy about tf1 mp

FFXV has a much longer singleplayer, but people are hot/cold on it.

I'd say if you like JRPGs it's a good bet that FFXV is going to return better value for you.

Edit: Changed multi- to singleplayer.

Nairume

Banned

If you aren't that crazy about TF1's multiplayer, then whether or not TF2 gels with you will be on the strength of the campaign alone. It's a good campaign, but you will probably end up being done with the game a lot quicker if that's all you are wanting to get out of it. The multiplayer is definitely improved, but it probably won't be different enough to change your mind.

FFXV is flawed but still amazingly fun. I'd probably suggest going for it if you want something that is going to last you a while.

Z_Y

So the RE games are no longer on sale? Just went to buy them. I thought the sale lasted through today and ended Tuesday when the new weekly deals dropped. But nope..

xkramz

FFXV has a much longer multiplayer, but people are hot/cold on it.

I'd say if you like JRPGs it's a good bet that FFXV is going to return better value for you.

If you aren't that crazy about TF1's multiplayer, then whether or not TF2 gels with you will be on the strength of the campaign alone. It's a good campaign, but you will probably end up being done with the game a lot quicker if that's all you are wanting to get out of it. The multiplayer is definitely improved, but it probably won't be different enough to change your mind.

FFXV is flawed but still amazingly fun. I'd probably suggest going for it if you want something that is going to last you a while.
Thanks decision has been made, got FFXV

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So the RE games are no longer on sale? Just went to buy them. I thought the sale lasted through today and ended Tuesday when the new weekly deals dropped. But nope..

I'm confused about that as well. The weekly deals with gold always go until Tuesday morning. Wonder if this is a mistake

FZW

There are 2 sales going on, The RE games are not part of the holiday sales, its a part the weekly gold deals

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
There are 2 sales going on, The RE games are not part of the holiday sales, its a part the weekly gold deals

And weekly deals have always gone until midnight of the final day, which would have been midnight tonight. I even checked out majornelson.com to check past deals to compare how the dates were listed. The last five plus years of weekly deals have lead me to believe that all Deals with Gold sales ended at midnight of the final day.

It's too bad... I was going to buy Slain and Darksiders II

Z_Y

The old deals with gold usually expire about 17 hours from now, and the new deals will be available about 7-8 hours from now. So there is some overlap.

That's the way it usually works. But this week's gold deals (RE, Datksiders, etc.) have already expired and the new ones haven't started yet.

Justinh

Right...which don't update until Tuesday. It's Monday.

Yeah. There must be some kind of mistake. I just checked all the deals for Xbox One listed on the Xbox Deals with Gold page, and even though they have percentage off numbers by each game on this page (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/deals-with-gold), the only one where the sale still applies right now is SuperHot. Edit: Whoops! Never Alone's sale still applies, too.
fQHchEX.jpg

Maybe you could get support on chat if you really wanted a game and be all "Hey! This game says it's supposed to be 50 percent off but it's still full price" and maybe they'll discount the price for you manually?

Xbox 360 deals seems to still actually be on sale.

MauroNL

Daily Deal December 27
Xbox One:
• Battlefield 4 & Hardline Bundle - $29.99 > $15.00
• Prototype Biohazard Bundle - $49.99 > $20.00

Sizzle55

Daily Deal December 27
Xbox One:
Thanks for you work updating this constantly you are a champion! But the sale is unbelievably bad. Here's hoping they have something for week two that isn't complete and utter shit.

sam777

Thanks for you work updating this constantly you are a champion! But the sale is unbelievably bad. Here's hoping they have something for week two that isn't complete and utter shit.

Ye I got to agree this is nowhere near as good as the Black Friday sales. They need to step up their game for week 2.

Chris1

Daily Deal December 27
Xbox One:

If there's one thing I hate about this gen it's these dumb bundles. The only purpose they really serve is being able to advertise deals as "biggest sale ever".. consisting of the same games 3 times. Don't get me started on the GTA shark card bundles.

I've got a $15 Xbox gift card burning a hole in my Live account, and I can't decide on a game. Hitman looks intriguing, but I usually don't have patience for stealth games. Titanfall 2 also looks good, but I'm hopelessly addicted to Overwatch right now and I'm not sure I have room in my life for another shooter. They're both $30 right now, so...Which one do I pick?

I'm not sure what's going on with the weekly Deals With Gold stuff, but something's weird about it. All of the games* are still listed in the DWG section, but only Superhot and Never Alone are still discounted, and NA is only 5% off (it was like 50% or something before).

*I already own Slain, Metro, and Darksiders II, so I can't see the prices on those.

statham

My haul,

Firewatch, Oxenfree :XBO
Oblivion, Fallout 3:NV and Injustice: via 360 BC

had $12 in rewards money, so 22ish out of the bank, not bad.

Senteevs

How is just cause 3's frame rate after all the patches on the Xbox?

I bought it and it is definitely noticeable but I'm not a graphics snob, so I can deal with it.
The framerate is nowhere near 30 fps most of the time, but it is still playable and pretty fun. I don't regret buying it but if you're a stickler for rock solid frame rates, then better avoid it.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
I just had the ball clenching realization that after buying the only thing I was interested in that I had an email with 10 dollars store credit in it...

MauroNL

Deals with Gold Dec 27 - Jan 3

Xbox One
• Artifex Mundi Essential Bundle - $19.99 > $13.39
• Claire: Extended Cut - $14.99 > $7.50
• Dragon Age: Inquisition - Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 > $12.00
• Farming Simulator 17 - $59.99 > $37.49
• Farming Simulator 17 Premium Edition - $74.99 > $56.24
• Hawken Starter Pack - $9.99 > $6.99
• Need for Speed - $29.99 > $12.00
• Penarium - $9.99 > $2.50
• Rock 'N Racing Bundle - $12.00 > $6.00