• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown |OT| Neo GAF is Under Alien Control

Ken

Is there any kind of character creation in the game or can all you do is select basic stuff like race and gender for your squad?

thy_

Deployment is on a first-come first-served basis, so Pvts. Mupod, UnknownSoldier, Frontieuk and Thy should have fun - they get to go in before we even get medkits operational

Are you only going to adjust the last names of the Soldiers? I'd love for Pvt. Thy's first name to be Lennart. Even if only for the inevitable screenshot of the memorial wall.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Bah I sleep for a couple of hours and I miss out... curse you sleep!

!signup

Guess I'll play the role of the base janitor.

FtHTiny

Deployment is on a first-come first-served basis, so Pvts. Mupod, UnknownSoldier, Frontieuk and Thy should have fun - they get to go in before we even get medkits operational

good luck to the first bunch of guys then. Will wait in base and watch from there.

Mupod

"What's this lineup for? Man I dunno, but everybody wants in so it must be good"

And that's the story of where X-COM's rookies come from.

Jintor

This experiment was a little like standing in front of a random door in Moscow, circa 1975, and a line forming behind you for no reason

patapuf

It's for the Lets Play that Jintor is going to do on Classic Ironman, signup to get your name assigned to be alien cannon fodder. (or non soldier, so you won't actually just instantly die out the gate)

But as a soldier you have a shot at eternal glory on the battlefield!

last friday i spend 6 hours with a copy on the office ( 360 version) man this game looks and plays like a dream come true

reserved on steam and 360 now

Exit Steam -> Download, install, and run Spotflux -> run Steam. You can either unlock the game and then run Steam in Offline Mode until the game has released in your region, or leave the VPN active whenever you wish to play it. I prefer the latter myself.

What does this mean? People are already playing the game on Steam, is that correct?

If so, tell me details please :D

McNum

PRELIMINARY XCOM STAFFING ROSTER
OPERATIONS
[*] Central Officer position vacant
!signup

"I remember the secret invasion back in ol' 1999. We beat the heck out of the aliens back then. You need someone with experience for this kind of quest... Mission... Thing. Someone who knows a Snakeman from a Silacoid."

I would have signed up for soldier, preferably support, but frankly, the old vet who seems to know a little too much, but about the wrong aliens, would be a fun role.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
!signup

"I remember the secret invasion back in ol' 1999. We beat the heck out of the aliens back then. You need someone with experience for this kind of quest... Mission... Thing. Someone who knows a Snakeman from a Silacoid."

I would have singed up for soldier, preferably support, but frankly, the old vet who seems to know a little too much, but about the wrong aliens, would be a fun role.
You guys also need the Thnikkaman. A name the aliens fear so badly they call off attacks.

McNum

You guys also need the Thnikkaman. A name the aliens fear so badly they call off attacks.
The scientists gave up on making a Mind Shield that actually hid the base. They just made a machine to broadcast his psionic brain pattern signature instead.

I haven't played the original game but this looks quite interesting. It's been a while since i've played a demo for a game but i'll give this a try.

Dakota47

It'll probably kill me, but yes

/edit I have 40 meatshields as of now so applications for combat personnel are closed for now. Other positions still available

Meh, I am away for 24 hours and miss this. I'll be your pilot then Jintor, suits my forum name over here anyway. !Signup

Top Bottom