• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 3D |OT| Is that a Monado in your pocket or are you just really feeling it?

Overside

Banned
Completed it by running from the spiders, but still I feel slimy helping the merchant by doing his/her wet work by attacking the Ignas.

Theres a key for a secret side door, you can sneak in, save the nopon, then sneak up top, and cheese it without the ignas ever knowing.

Overside

Banned
I'm past that.

I'm referring to the roof alter quest.

I have the key. I still fought the Ignas just because.

Oh, so you are only putting up a facade of civility, 'oh those poor ignas, those nopon tricked me into doing their dirty work'.

When really, you already knew you could leave the ignas with their lives, but you just couldnt help it, you consumed the flesh of the weak to make the strong stronger.

You stood above their corpses steeped in their life blood, their chests of wood silver and gold laid out before you, as you bellowed 'IM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!!!'

Youre a sick sick puppy.

ONE OF US!!!!

Oh, so you are only putting up a facade of civility, 'oh those poor ignas, those nopon tricked me into doing their dirty work'.

When really, you already knew you could leave the ignas with their lives, but you just couldnt help it, you consumed the flesh of the weak to make the strong stronger.

You stood above their corpses steeped in their life blood, their chests of wood silver and gold laid out before you, as you bellowed 'IM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!!!'

Youre a sick sick puppy.

ONE OF US!!!!

:0

The nopon are giving me G, EXP, and Gems/Equipment. It's hard to say no to free swag.

Is level 25 too early too try to take on
Xord?

The fight is really frustrating because I can't really kill him, but he also can't kill me. I can build meter pretty quickly on the Mechon he summons, but I end up using it to revive or avoid attacks that will kill someone. I feel like I could just fight him indefinitely if I wanted to, I can build meter fast enough to keep everyone alive but that means I can't actually damage the boss.

Also whenever I do get off a chain attack and topple/ daze him, I'm only able to do like a fifth of his health or so in damage. Unless I'm just doing something wrong it seems like this fight would take forever.

Frustrating week for games, I was loving Bloodborne but got to an area that suddenly far harder than anything before it and can't progress. Xenoblade was my relaxing fun game to play before bed, but now I hit a wall in it too.

To make matters worse in a moment of frustration after fighting that boss for like 15 minutes I turned off my DS without saving, forgetting that Xenoblade doesn't autosave. Oh well. Would be nice if it autosaved every time you die and revive at a landmark, or better yet every time you encounter a landmark.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Xord?

The fight is really frustrating because I can't really kill him, but he also can't kill me. I can build meter pretty quickly on the Mechon he summons, but I end up using it to revive or avoid attacks that will kill someone. I feel like I could just fight him indefinitely if I wanted to, I can build meter fast enough to keep everyone alive but that means I can't actually damage the boss.

Also whenever I do get off a chain attack and topple/ daze him, I'm only able to do like a fifth of his health or so in damage. Unless I'm just doing something wrong it seems like this fight would take forever.

Frustrating week for games, I was loving Bloodborne but got to an area that suddenly far harder than anything before it and can't progress. Xenoblade was my relaxing fun game to play before bed, but now I hit a wall in it too.

To make matters worse in a moment of frustration after fighting that boss for like 15 minutes I turned off my DS without saving, forgetting that Xenoblade doesn't autosave. Oh well. Would be nice if it autosaved every time you die and revive at a landmark, or better yet every time you encounter a landmark.

Your level isn't the problem, 25 should definitely be fine. Make sure you are using the best gear available to you, the shops at both the beginning of the area and right outside the area both have some decent stuff, and there are some unique monsters there you should be able to beat that will drop some good stuff (often some good heavy armor from Reyn). If you have been filling the collectopedia and doing some quests you should have some decent rank 2-3 gems to use.

Also remember Monado Speed doesn't just work for avoiding visions. If Sharla is drawing aggro from the random enemies and taking too much damage, you can briefly make her near-invulnerable by using Speed on her. If Reyn has good armor he should be able to take whatever beating the boss and minions dish out with some healing support.

Overside

Banned
Xord?

If you have a chain attack available, and use it right when a killing move takes place
(Super easy to time right with vision moves), party members are guaranteed to survive the attack with 1hp and then start the chain attack.

Relax, you only have to
topple him twice. The battle automatically ends after that

When I beat him I was around your level, I think 26.

Well that's good to know, could have sworn I did that once but I'll try again.

Your level isn't the problem, 25 should definitely be fine. Make sure you are using the best gear available to you, the shops at both the beginning of the area and right outside the area both have some decent stuff, and there are some unique monsters there you should be able to beat that will drop some good stuff (often some good heavy armor from Reyn). If you have been filling the collectopedia and doing some quests you should have some decent rank 2-3 gems to use.

Also remember Monado Speed doesn't just work for avoiding visions. If Sharla is drawing aggro from the random enemies and taking too much damage, you can briefly make her near-invulnerable by using Speed on her. If Reyn has good armor he should be able to take whatever beating the boss and minions dish out with some healing support.

I don't really understand what the collectopedia is, I should just be receiving stuff as I pick up those blue light items? I think my equipment should be fine, every time I've found a vendor their equipment is a lot worse than what I already have.

Aggro is definitely a problem for me though, Shulk and Sharla are constantly drawing aggro. I was playing stupidly at first, I'd get Shulk right up next to enemies before starting a fight. I found out battles go a lot smoother if I press attack at a distance and then hold back and let Reyn land the first hit. Still though, often in the middle of a longer fight I'll look over and see that Sharla is surrounded by two or three enemies attacking her and I feel helpless since I can't force Reyn to use his aggro arts. So I basically watch Sharla's health drain while I pray Reyn decides to use something that will aggro everything to him.

I'll try the Speed tip but that's not going to help during the boss fight since you need meter to hurt him.

Fireblend

Banned
I don't really understand what the collectopedia is, I should just be receiving stuff as I pick up those blue light items? I think my equipment should be fine, every time I've found a vendor their equipment is a lot worse than what I already have.

Go to items submenu and then select the option on the right (next to the one that's greyed out). That's the Collectopedia. Each page corresponds to a location and each location is broken up in catogories (rows). If you have the collectable that goes in a cell, it should show a clear square which you can select to fill it in. Fill a complete row to get a reward, and if you fill the entire page you get yet another one.

I don't really understand what the collectopedia is, I should just be receiving stuff as I pick up those blue light items?

Press X -> Go to Items -> Select Collectopedia

You have to actually place items in the Collectopedia (decreases the number of that item in your inventory by 1), when you fill out a row you get an item.

Quick question about leveling Arts: Should I level Shulk's Shield? It's the only art I have that doesn't seem to have any difference between level 1 and 2, does it eventually gain a new effect (lasts 2 hits or extended time?) or should I leave it at level 1?

Overside

Banned

You have to actually place items in the Collectopedia (decreases the number of that item in your inventory by 1), when you fill out a row you get an item.

Quick question about leveling Arts: Should I level Shulk's Shield? It's the only art I have that doesn't seem to have any difference between level 1 and 2, does it eventually gain a new effect (lasts 2 hits or extended time?) or should I leave it at level 1?

If the level of an enemies talent art exceeds the level of your shield, you will get violated.

TheMoon

From the OP:

The Collectopedia, be aware of it, use it!
Under the "Items" menu, the option Collectopedia is a screen you should go back to on the regular as you pick up stuff and kill enemies in new areas. You have to manually "donate" one of the items that it's asking for, it doesn't fill out by itself. Completing a category nets you a (relatively) high level gem and completing a whole page (there is a whole page for every zone) is rewarded with new gear. Since people hate menus, I wager this is extremely easy to miss for many of you.
It's this screen here:
ags58.jpg

Go to items submenu and then select the option on the right (next to the one that's greyed out). That's the Collectopedia. Each page corresponds to a location and each location is broken up in catogories (rows). If you have the collectable that goes in a cell, it should show a clear square which you can select to fill it in. Fill a complete row to get a reward, and if you fill the entire page you get yet another one.

Wow, I thought I had read every tutorial and had no idea about that. I've probably missed out on some stuff by now, is it worth it to go back to earlier areas and re-collect stuff?

From the OP:

Question was already helpfully answered, but next time I need clarification on something someone else brought up I'll be sure to pore over your 2,000+ word OP instead of just asking =)

Overside

Banned
Wow, I thought I had read every tutorial and had no idea about that. I've probably missed out on some stuff by now, is it worth it to go back to earlier areas and re-collect stuff?

Question was already helpfully answered, but next time I need clarification on something someone else brought up I'll be sure to pore over your 2,000+ word OP instead of just asking =)

The early stuff wont be very relevant anymore... But you will need it (along with a page full of collectables that can only be found via trade) to get the final rewards for completing the notebook.

Fireblend

Banned
Just reached
the High Entia city... Alcamoth?
and wow... the sense of scale in this game is ridiculous, it continues to throw one incredible location after another. I love it. Hunting down quest givers here is an absolute pain though, no way am I running around it again during night.
KuGsj.gif

Overside

Banned
Just reached
and wow... the sense of scale in this game is ridiculous, it continues to throw one incredible location after another. I love it. Hunting down quest givers here is an absolute pain though, no way am I running around it again during night.
KuGsj.gif

X's Navball is going to be a God send for things like this.

Just reached
KuGsj.gif
Yeah, tracking down NPCs in
Alcamoth
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Even with Quick Step!

evanmisha

Just got back from my custom framing guy and figured I'd share some pictures of my updated Xenoblade collection.

Only a couple of things missing! Super proud of it so far. Gonna have to buy a nice display case once the X console bundle comes in and I get a good feel for the size of it.

Alrus

4 different Shulks and 3 sealed faceplates? Why?

Edit : Oh I guess they're from different regions. Very neat collection, wish I had least managed to fetch the artbook. If only I lived in France :(

Is there no way to save once you get to space? I just got there but I have some where to be soon, and I don't just want to leave my 3ds on.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
so yeah, speaking of
So+much+nope_bcccec_4655090.gif

I just got the double spider "OH HAI THERE" on the top of exile fortress. FUCK YOU MONOLITHSOFT <3

Alrus

Is there no way to save once you get to space? I just got there but I have some where to be soon, and I don't just want to leave my 3ds on.

This is a pretty terrible way to use the spoiler method, at least give a hint to about where you are in the game outside of your spoiler so people know if they can click it or not.

Diffense

This is a pretty terrible way to use the spoiler method, at least give a hint to about where you are in the game outside of your spoiler so people know if they can click it or not.

It's asking if you can save before the final boss. He didn't need to spoiler it if he just rephrased it to avoid naming the location.

I don't remember and there's no guarantee the 3DS version works the same way as the Wii version anyway. Just leave it plugged in and in sleep mode if you have to go.

Yeah, tracking down NPCs in
Alcamoth
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Even with Quick Step!

It's actually very easy to track down the NPCs in
Alcamoth
:
They always spawn at their teleporters at 6am/6pm (could also be 7 or 8 am/pm, I not 100% suret). So you just have to got to the teleporters and set the time and they come to you.

Ventara

Just got back from my custom framing guy and figured I'd share some pictures of my updated Xenoblade collection.

Only a couple of things missing! Super proud of it so far. Gonna have to buy a nice display case once the X console bundle comes in and I get a good feel for the size of it.

That's a very awesome collection! I've been thinking of seeing if I can try to get the artbook.

I did it that way because the spoiler is pretty much only for people who've completed the game, so if you haven't don't click on it.

Diffense

So just got seventh character.

I always tend to avoid enemies when i can from this point on and feel less enthusiasm about the pacing. I think it has to do with me feeling like the game is asking too much of me in learning and leveling up yet another character and having 38 hours under the belt and knowing i am nowhere near finishing this.

If you've got your money's worth you can stop. I'm not being snarky. There's really no pressure.

Also, you can go back and catch up on quests on previous areas if you're feeling too overwhelmed about pushing ahead.
The game can feel overwhelming if you're the kind of player who's really driven to see the end.

NeoXChaos

How in the world am I supposed to beat
lorithia? If I have to hear " you will pay for your insolence" one more time or "defying lord zanza". She keeps pushing my party into the acid as well.

evanmisha

Very neat collection, wish I had least managed to fetch the artbook. If only I lived in France :(

That's a very awesome collection! I've been thinking of seeing if I can try to get the artbook.

If you mean the Secret File, it's actually the Japanese copy that I've got. You can snag it for ~3500 yen off Amazon Japan, seeing as it was just put back into print to celebrate Xenoblade 3D's release. The extremely limited French copy though (which I might add does not include the Riki plush pattern on the reverse side of the dust jacket like the Japanese one does) is still extinct and is running for around 250-350 USD on eBay. That, the Japanese AKB48 promo card, and the European Special Soundtrack (assuming it's not just an import) are the only consumer items I've left to snag. I want the GameStop US promo stand for Xenoblade 3D but they're going for like 60+ USD on eBay right now and I'm just not prepared to spend that much on one. Sad face.

(I was going to post a picture of the promo card but it's kinda spoilery so I will not.)

Etria

I wish that I still lived in Europe, and that I had a cool looking Xenoblade n3DS too...
NoAAAAA!!!! >:'(

You could always import a n3DS and those cover plates ;)
Then you get the best of both worlds. I'm assuming you may have picked up some games from your time in Europe anyways?

so yeah, speaking of
So+much+nope_bcccec_4655090.gif

I just got the double spider "OH HAI THERE" on the top of exile fortress. FUCK YOU MONOLITHSOFT <3

I had that happen to me at
Daksha Shrine
in Gaur Plains with a single spider. Man, it gave me a shock because I have arachnophobia. So more spiders later on? ;__;

Upon closer inspection, that's the exact one!

How do I unlock Shulks and Melia Heart to Heart?

They're are two Heart to Hearts that are question marks on my heart to heart list and Shulks and Melia is one of them. I already have them both maxed out at pink but can't do it because it won't let me.

Edit: No spoilers please.

You could always import a n3DS and those cover plates ;)
Then you get the best of both worlds. I'm assuming you may have picked up some games from your time in Europe anyways?
I moved before the 3DS was even out there, so no I didn't. I'm still waiting on a US announcement for the regular model. I know it'll happen. I can "really feel it".

Renewed

They're are two Heart to Hearts that are question marks on my heart to heart list and Shulks and Melia is one of them. I already have them both maxed out at pink but can't do it because it won't let me.

Are they both in the party? I figured out that I had to have both Sharla and Riki in the party to start one (I switched to Sharla specifically).

I feel another thing is story progression. Some of the topics of the heart-to-hearts seem to involve story so that's the only other sense I can make of it.

Verilligo

Almost certainly storyline-related. There's a VERY big event that happens which essentially marks the "end game" section of the plot. You'll know what it is when it happens.

Are they both in the party? I figured out that I had to have both Sharla and Riki in the party to start one (I switched to Sharla specifically).

I feel another thing is story progression. Some of the topics of the heart-to-hearts seem to involve story so that's the only other sense I can make of it.

Almost certainly storyline-related. There's a VERY big event that happens which essentially marks the "end game" section of the plot. You'll know what it is when it happens.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah they're both in the party so it has to be story progression.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
So the combat really infuriates me.

I want to do the knockdown move on command. Shulk pink, followed by reyn green, but it doesn't activate 100% of the time. What the fuck is this?

Am I missing something really crucial? It seems that the combat is flawed because you can't control it at will.

Top Bottom