• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
About timed quests in (level 40)
Eryth Sea
:

If I go to Prison Island and do that dungeon, will those quests be unavailable later?

Also, in that area, it took me a lot of time to complete the fucking map, there is a secret area relatively hidden... had to swim my ass off for that one
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Dragon

Banned
tea_and_crumpets said:
So the game just came in the post this morning. About to start it. Anything I should know before I begin?

When you unlock landmarks you can fast travel to them by choosing the first menu item on the left.

In order to make finding people easier, you can see the general area of where they are, and what time they are around by going to the menu button to the right of equip menu, and choosing affinity. This helps a lot with quests.

Changing the time not only can make you find people easier, it will generate different enemies based on the time of day, whether it's raining, thunderstorming or sunny.

Try not to kill any unique enemies if you want to do quests as sometimes they don't respawn unless you save-reload or fast travel a bunch.

When you see a b button flash in the middle of the screen, time it so the circle is just about to close around it. This makes getting chain attacks much easier.

Anytime you're in Satori Marsh be sure it's night so that you get to listen to the fuck awesome music.

And don't hate on the Nopon.

Those are the only things you need to know.

mclem

manueldelalas said:
Eryth Sea
:

If I go to Prison Island and do that dungeon, will those quests be unavailable later?

They've not become unavailable for me, and I'm a significant distance past that (encountering 60+ enemies)

manueldelalas said:
Eryth Sea
:

Also, in that area, it took me a lot of time to complete the fucking map, there is a secret area relatively hidden... had to swim my ass off for that one
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Timed quests in
the Eryth sea area
expire around the Level 60-70 point. Somebody mentioned this a while earlier, but the exact point is after you fight
the main boss in the Mechonis

I got stuck with the locations as well, had to look that up online. In hindsight it's kind of obvious though -
Prison Island!

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
tea_and_crumpets said:
So the game just came in the post this morning. About to start it. Anything I should know before I begin?
Read carefully the tutorials that pop up, they are available on the tutorial menu too; and there are more tutorials there that are never shown to you in pop up form.

Grab every blue ball you see.

Put camera on fastest.

You can unlock the map of the whole area by discovering all the landmarks, so don't bother completing them square by square.

You can change the time anytime.

Don't worry if you are killed, there is no punishment for dying, so explore freely and don't be too intimidated by monsters.

If you are stuck in a battle, don't grind; do quests instead, there is no point in grinding in the game, as you gain experience for exploring and completing quests.

You can upgrade your Artes (skills of every character).

If you do every quest in the beginning, you will probably be overleveled in the game.

There are certain quests from an area that have a clock in the quest menu, that means that at some point in the game those quests will become unavailable, because as the story flows "something" will "probably" happen in that place.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Aveyn Knight said:
Timed quests in
the Eryth sea area
expire around the Level 60-70 point. Somebody mentioned this a while earlier, but the exact point is after you fight
the main boss in the Mechonis

I got stuck with the locations as well, had to look that up online. In hindsight it's kind of obvious though -
Prison Island!
I was missing (level 40)
Faras Cave

Gvaz

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
shutupandtakemycapsmadark9.jpg

I MUST HAVE IT

Anasui Kishibe said:
ew, question about Emmy Leater...
In her final quest I gave her the shield and she lost, got very angry at me and left the colony. So I reloaded the game, got her the sword (although I didn't exactly want to, because it felt too much like cheating) and she left the colony

now I just want to find her to punch her blurry face. Where'd she go? Will I see her again?
The shield is the better reward imo

Also I'm going to warn you all (because while I was playing I was told and it helped me, and it seems quite a few of you are getting there):

Once you start going to the (after 7th party member spoiler and also a bit before the 7th party member)
mechonis
areas, complete quests or kill uniques or collect the collectables and all that, before moving onto a new area. There are quite a few points of no return that the game simply doesn't tell you about in those areas.

To the person who wanted somebody to play their save for a bit:

I finally transferred your save to my SD card (took me ages to find the right cable, couldn't find it so had to use an alternative method), but I won't have access to the TV for a while to play the game.

guek

Banned
Aveyn Knight said:
To the person who wanted somebody to play their save for a bit:

I finally transferred your save to my SD card (took me ages to find the right cable, couldn't find it so had to use an alternative method), but I won't have access to the TV for a while to play the game.

thanks for the help :) if only this damn game had been localized...*grumble grumble*

guek said:
thanks for the help :) if only this damn game had been localized...*grumble grumble*
Okay, here's your progressed file.

I made two extra saves, one a System save right after I skipped the next cutscene and another one that I saved myself at the beginning of
Makna Forest
. Hope it works!

EDIT

Also, lol at the save file image
infinite Rikis!
. It was interesting to see "Beginning of the world" (the NA subtitle) as the subtitle as well.

MicH

Just reached the final boss and I CAN'T beat it. I've tried so many times and I can't. Lvl 76. Any tips? Am I too underleveled?
I don't want to go through all this again : OH, it's the second form btw!(

Dascu

MicH said:
Just reached the final boss and I CAN'T beat it. I've tried so many times and I can't. Lvl 76. Any tips? Am I too underleveled?
Underlevelled.

Finalow

MicH said:
you should be at least at level 80.

Nice hand there : P

Phew, just about beat the optional
Level 108 boss. It was quicker than the Mechon boss, but I was taken by surprise towards the end when it increased its Level to 112 or something, evading most of my hits.

Anybody got any good tips for the next boss?
The Level 114 boss at Valek mountain. I heard its quite tough, so if I'm having trouble with the Bunniv, I'm kind of wary of how I'll fare... Been using Shulk, Dunban and Sharla mostly. Before I swapped out Dunban for Melia, but Melia died against the Bunniv's cone attack : (

Gvaz said:
What makes you think those things? :)

Well, for one, no
corspes
. You have the basic rule that if you don't
see somebody die, then they are not dead.
Also, I believe that in the fight where
Fiora got "killed", they were dragging her body off somewhere. Why would they do that?

Sharla also
keeps saying stuff like she believes Gadot is still out there, and it seems like it would fit somehow for that to be true.
Also, we keep getting cutscenes of "prep" for the
Mechon
so I think that there's something to note there.

Finally, with the racism from the
High Entia chick, I would totally believe that she's cool with the filthy Homs being subjugated by the Mechon in exchange for something that will end up being a lie.

So, those are my thoughts on why I think that's going to happen.

Oxx

After 55 hours I decided to mess around with a few of the settings.

Mini-map rotation = check
Fast text bubbles = check
Fastest X and Y axis camera = check.

Feels good man.

KarmaCow

MicH said:

To avoid the accuracy penalty from being too low level, you only need to be level
77 because the boss is level 82.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Oxx said:
After 55 hours I decided to mess around with a few of the settings.

Mini-map rotation = check
Fast text bubbles = check
Fastest X and Y axis camera = check.

Feels good man.
Why would you want to rotate the minimap? that would be very confusing...

Also, you should disable the flag marker; there will still be a flag on the map so you know where to go, but it won't appear on the screen all the fucking time.

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
Lvl 72 now, I got to the point where *HUGE SPOILER*
Mechonis is destroyed

I am at a loss of words right now. So many things happened, so many emotions. The scale of this game is simply astonishing. Not only is the jRPG of the gen for me, but probably it is in my top 5 of all the time, and I am one of those who lived the so called SNES-PSX golden age.

To think the game is almost over makes me really sad :(

Rich!

Dr. Ecco said:
Lvl 72 now, I got to the point where *HUGE SPOILER*
Mechonis is destroyed

I am at a loss of words right now. So many things happened, so many emotions. The scale of this game is simply astonishing. Not only is the jRPG of the gen for me, but probably it is in my top 5 of all the time, and I am one of those who lived the so called SNES-PSX golden age.

To think the game is almost over makes me really sad :(

I'm at the same point. It's incredible

amazing how I actually felt sorry for Egil at the end. Dude was just trying to save everyone, in his own twisted way. Zanza and Dickson are absolute bellends, can't wait to see them meet their end. Anyway, I'm in the Bionis Heart - and the latest cutscene was...disturbing, to say the least. heh.

Anyway. This is the only game to ever come close to Chrono Trigger and Majora's Mask for me, in terms of sucking me into such a brilliantly realised world. Xenoblade is in my top 3 games of all time, no doubt.

Pikma said:
Congratulations, dude! :) I'll try to order mine again today, wish me luck :/

Did you order from GAME? I know a lot of people recommend them but all I've seen was cancelled orders or long waiting times for the game to arrive.

Order from shop to.net. They have it in stock now. From impressions of people who ordered from shop to, it seems you'll get it pretty fast. I ordered from them too 2 days ago so I'll see.

Pikma

Banned
Bel Marduk said:
Did you order from GAME? I know a lot of people recommend them but all I've seen was cancelled orders or long waiting times for the game to arrive.

Order from shop to.net. They have it in stock now. From impressions of people who ordered from shop to, it seems you'll get it pretty fast. I ordered from them too 2 days ago so I'll see.

I got 3 orders cancelled from GAME and their Costumer Services is non-existent, won't ever buy a thing from them ever. I'll check that site, thanks :)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Baiano19 said:
30 hours here and it kills me that I can't read even half of this thread... :/
Gvaz said:
Play faster.

Can't be moving as slow as me, although I guess some people claim to be. 72 or so hours in and I'm at (level 40-50 monsters)
Sword Valley

Level 55 and I probably have about 300+ quests done now. Couldn't find anymore in Colony 9 so I looked it up, and I'm not sure how to activate these quests:
Désirée's Apology (picked soldier)
The Old Soldier's Test
Building Bridges (Alcamoth, but I think it's the last one I can do right now)

Bel Marduk said:

Took 10 business days for me to get it from them. I wouldn't consider that particularly fast, but I wasn't disappointed with the time it took either since it was an import. Lot quicker than the 3+ weeks for the other things I've imported.

RPGCrazied

Galahad Fortress

Do not highlight obviously.

The end where you have to attack all those mechons from Fiora, I guess all I can do is level. I'm only level 52 though.

chaosblade said:
Can't be moving as slow as me, although I guess some people claim to be. 72 or so hours in and I'm at (level 40-50 monsters)
Sword Valley

Level 55 and I probably have about 300+ quests done now. Couldn't find anymore in Colony 9 so I looked it up, and I'm not sure how to activate these quests:
Désirée's Apology (picked soldier)
The Old Soldier's Test
Building Bridges (Alcamoth, but I think it's the last one I can do right now)
You can't get Desiree's apology after picking soldier. Instead you get a quest from Betty. Desiree's apology is to fix her relationship with Betty since Betty becomes jealous of her relationship with the artist guy.

Didn't do The older soldier's test, but it's related to Jan and Minnie (the retired soldier and the girl soldier). I believe you need to answer Dionys's question correctly to get the quest (not sure of his name). Colony 9 affinity apparently needs to be 4 star.

I think I did Building bridges, but I don't have time to look it up, sorry!

EDIT

I think Building bridges is from Arielle. It's to do with her daughter who's become racist.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
ElTopo said:
Spoilers for the entire game:
His idea of saving was to KILL EVERYONE! That's not 'trying to save everyone' however you look at it or twist it.
It was to kill everyone on Bionis to SAVE everyone on Mechonis from the evil Zanza

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Aveyn Knight said:
You can't get Desiree's apology after picking soldier. Instead you get a quest from Betty. Desiree's apology is to fix her relationship with Betty since Betty becomes jealous of her relationship with the artist guy.

Didn't do The older soldier's test, but it's related to Jan and Minnie (the retired soldier and the girl soldier). I believe you need to answer Dionys's question correctly to get the quest (not sure of his name). Colony 9 affinity apparently needs to be 4 star.

I think I did Building bridges, but I don't have time to look it up, sorry!

EDIT

I think Building bridges is from Arielle. It's to do with her daughter who's become racist.
Okay, I guess I was confused about the name of the first one. I haven't been able to get a quest from either of them though. I'll try again tomorrow.

And I know that about the second one as well. Affinity should be getting close to maxed since I only have a handful of quests left there, most of which I can't do yet.
Not sure when Dionysus asks the question, if it was early in the game I might have already answered it wrong, but now he just talks about how he's old.

As for the last one, I've talked to everyone that I assume is involved with the quest, but I never get an option to start it.
Talked to the racist girl, the mom, and I guess her friend up the stairs from her? Arielle still doesn't give it to me though, she just says she'll ask her friend about it.

Does Sword Valley not have any quests from npc's?
Not very far into it, but I haven't even seen any NPCs apart from the few at the very beginning. Doubt there will be any other NPCs further in, considering the location.

Since I was looking I can go ahead and answer your question more specifically:
No, there are only four quests and all four are "surprise quests"

Zornica

Banned
Aveyn Knight said:
Nice hand there : P

Phew, just about beat the optional
Level 108 boss. It was quicker than the Mechon boss, but I was taken by surprise towards the end when it increased its Level to 112 or something, evading most of my hits.

Anybody got any good tips for the next boss?
The Level 114 boss at Valek mountain. I heard its quite tough, so if I'm having trouble with the Bunniv, I'm kind of wary of how I'll fare... Been using Shulk, Dunban and Sharla mostly. Before I swapped out Dunban for Melia, but Melia died against the Bunniv's cone attack : (

the lvl 114 boss was really tough because of how big he was. i beat him playing melia, with shulk as light heal and dunban as tank. top VI gems are a must have from this point on.
I'd probably try the lvl120 one first, because he felt a little bit easier. you will need some blaze defense gems for everyone (melia can do without thanks to reflection) and 3 100% Divine Protect Gems. against the 114 some poison resistance could be usefull. i am not sure, but i think he did some spike dmg too when toppled.

remember: all visions you see fighting against those two are aoe attacks, so everyone will be effected (and probably die) (monado armour can be really helpful!)
good luck and have fun.
(i wish they would have wrapped some kind of quest around those 4 uniques... with some epic reward at the end :/)

Hiltz

I have to come up with an effective team using the last party member now that I'm at
machina village. That blue armor is just too sexy.
. It really bugs me how some of the armor and weapons in the game look so cool but their actual stats are consistently weaker and typically feature less gem slots than the current equipment you have on. An NPC in
Machina village even said that the anti-mechon weapons they have available to purchase from shops are noticeably weaker in terms of damage but their designed to be effective against the mechon ? Not only are the stats lower, but you'd also lose out on gem slots and those weapons would obviously be weaker on non-mechon monsters. I don't quite understand this design decision by the developer. I still need to find a shop that sells 3 slot staff for Melia to use.

Spoilers relate to pretty end game stuff:

So I'm lvl 70 and just inside the bionis interior and I have just tried to fight the telethia boss inside the bionis' heart. I'm feeling a little bit underlevelled although I kinda just want to push towards the games end at this point.

I'm just wondering where a good place to level for me would be or can I just push to finish the game at this point?

Gvaz

Banned
Hiltz said:
Thanks. I haven't had much luck yet but I'll keep trying to find one in that area then for her.
I got them mostly in MF and CF areas

NaughtyPrawn said:
Spoilers relate to pretty end game stuff:

So I'm lvl 70 and just inside the bionis interior and I have just tried to fight the telethia boss inside the bionis' heart. I'm feeling a little bit underlevelled although I kinda just want to push towards the games end at this point.

I'm just wondering where a good place to level for me would be or can I just push to finish the game at this point?

How the heck did you get to that boss and are only level 70 when the other mobs are 73-77 or so?

Go back to the mobs there and level to 74 or so.

Gvaz said:
How the heck did you get to that boss and are only level 70 when the other mobs are 73-77 or so?

I don't know dude. I pretty much felt overlevelled in every area of the game up to this point. Even the boss fights i just had before coming to this area I absolutely smashed them like nothing :S

Gvaz

Banned
NaughtyPrawn said:
I don't know dude. I pretty much felt overlevelled in every area of the game up to this point. Even the boss fights i just had before coming to this area I absolutely smashed them like nothing :S
I did every single quest I could find, and i was level 72 in that zone starting out, lol

MicH

Gvaz said:

Haha, I was level 69 when I reached that boss :( Had to level up four levels to be able to (just barely) beat it.

Anyway, I finally finished the game. Feels so good to have that off my shoulders and be able to concentrate on my studies. What a great ride, the story continues to surprise and amaze even in the end. So good, and I truly hope we see some sort of sequel or somethig.

Top Bottom