• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Gvaz

Banned
styl3s said:
ugh i want this game so bad but i can't afford a EU wii, why couldn't they of just made the disc region free? that way US players could buy it and play it as well and not have to worry about porting it here.

HATE YOU NINTENDO! *rage cry*
Mod your US wii. You won't brick it. Go to the Homebrew thread, mod it, buy the game, wait to get to the US, then play the best RPG in the last century.

styl3s

Gvaz said:
Mod your US wii. You won't brick it. Go to the Homebrew thread, mod it, buy the game, wait to get to the US, then play the best RPG in the last century.
I have the homebrew channel, does it mean i can already play PAL games? if so im ordering this bitch right now lol

ivysaur12

Banned
Man God said:
You'll be fine; more quests unlock near the end of the game where you pretty much have to be to be involved in this.

What does that mean? That it gets really easy to get level five affinity without these quests that have run out?

MechaX

styl3s said:
I have the homebrew channel, does it mean i can already play PAL games? if so im ordering this bitch right now lol

The only thing you're missing is Gekko OS (which you can just get from the Homebrew Wiki). So yeah, go order it now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ivysaur12 said:
What does that mean? That it gets really easy to get level five affinity without these quests that have run out?

Yeah I wasn't quite clear. I don't remember the exact number but I remember doing somewhere around five-seven new quests for hidden village when you get into the end game phase.

Just started this. 5-6 hours in and on the ridiculously huge plains on my way to Settlement 6 or whatever it's called. Love it so far, but it's beating my ass from time to time. Of course it had to be stormy when I arrived at that bridge, so I met a huge ass monster!

A couple of notes/questions:

- Does the game respawn the enemies when I load? For some reason I'm surrounded by enemies when I load, which sucks ass. Maybe I'm saving in the wrong places..
- Damn that "I'm looking into the future" during battle gets tedious when all party members are low on health. Yes, I know this standard attack might kill me, jeez.
- I don't like the camera controls during battle either. Whenever I meet some large enemies the camera goes into a frog perspective mode and I have to manually reset it, which costs precious seconds.
-
Fiora's death
came as a surprise! Love the story so far, and the vistas are impressive. Voice acting is tolerable as well, something I didn't really anticipate!

Mistle

FoxHimself said:
Just started this. 5-6 hours in and on the ridiculously huge plains on my way to Settlement 6 or whatever it's called. Love it so far, but it's beating my ass from time to time. Of course it had to be stormy when I arrived at that bridge, so I met a huge ass monster!

- Does the game respawn the enemies when I load? For some reason I'm surrounded by enemies when I load, which sucks ass. Maybe I'm saving in the wrong places..
- Damn that "I'm looking into the future" during battle gets tedious when all party members are low on health. Yes, I know this standard attack might kill me, jeez.
- I don't like the camera controls during battle either. Whenever I meet some large enemies the camera goes into a frog perspective mode and I have to manually reset it, which costs precious seconds.
-
Fiora's death
came as a surprise! Love the story so far, and the vistas are impressive. Voice acting is tolerable as well, something I didn't really anticipate!
1. Yeah it does
2. This will be extremely useful in the game. It's not just to show a death, but to warn you and give you a chance to prevent it. You'll get many arts and learn many tricks that will help with this. It's very essential, but yeah, I guess it can get slightly annoying.
3. I think you can turn off auto camera adjustment in the settings? Not sure if it effects battles though. Other wise I usually just zoom out a little during large enemies

FoxHimself said:

-
Fiora's death
-Yes, they respawn when you load, though this can be useful when you're looking for unique monsters.
-Yeah, it's pretty tedious, but at least it allows you to know what's coming.
-Are you playing with the Mote'n'Chuck? I didn't have much of an issue with the CCPro.
-You ain't seen nothin' yet.

styl3s

MechaX said:
The only thing you're missing is Gekko OS (which you can just get from the Homebrew Wiki). So yeah, go order it now.
awwwwww yeah

just a question my homebrew channel is upside down and i know i can reinstall it but does it really matter? doesn't bother me that it's upside down i just dont want to have to go through the whole process and thanks a billion! i cannot wait to dive into this game and have it eat my soul and all my freetime.

Rich!

CrankyKong said:
SECOND playthough?!
I'm guessing you didn't do many of the side quests this time

fuck sidequests

I'm in it for the story n explorin, bro. 70 hours each turn is enough for me

styl3s said:
awwwwww yeah

just a question my homebrew channel is upside down and i know i can reinstall it but does it really matter? doesn't bother me that it's upside down i just dont want to have to go through the whole process and thanks a billion! i cannot wait to dive into this game and have it eat my soul and all my freetime.

upside down? you installed waninkoko's ios, didn't you? uninstall it, and start from scratch. use the homebrew wiki to a tee.

the upside down homebrew channel is an attempt to stop piracy of sorts, but I can see how it can affect innocent users.

SecretMoblin said:
-Yes, they respawn when you load, though this can be useful when you're looking for unique monsters.
-Yeah, it's pretty tedious, but at least it allows you to know what's coming.
-Are you playing with the Mote'n'Chuck? I didn't have much of an issue with the CCPro.
-You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Shit, I didn't even think about that. I need to try that tomorrow. Although playing with NunMote has been good so far.

Gvaz

Banned
Oh btw, don't uninstall any IOS that's two digits, just reinstall. You can safely uninstall three digit IOS though. You don't ever have to uninstall though, just reinstall.

Mistle

FoxHimself said:
Shit, I didn't even think about that. I need to try that tomorrow. Although playing with NunMote has been good so far.
Oh so that's why camera control was a hassle. Definitely use the CC if you have one!

styl3s

richisawesome said:
fuck sidequests

I'm in it for the story n explorin, bro. 70 hours each turn is enough for me

upside down? you installed waninkoko's ios, didn't you? uninstall it, and start from scratch. use the homebrew wiki to a tee.

the upside down homebrew channel is an attempt to stop piracy of sorts, but I can see how it can affect innocent users.
So format the wii, delete everything from the SD card and start from scratch? i used a guide that was made like a year ago.

ajim

Trudging through the
Satori Marsh, completing that ceremonial quest
, this game is absolutely beautiful. Can't believe how beautiful this whole area is, imagine this is HD when it looks this great already? Goddamn.

ajim

Goddamn, that huge bridge in the
Makna Forest
is BEAUTIFUL! Probably one of my favourite video game views ever. Amazing.

StevieP

Banned
Mistle said:
Oh so that's why camera control was a hassle. Definitely use the CC if you have one!

I prefer the Wiimote+Nunchuck, to be honest. Camera control works like Zelda OOT (the small c button recenters and I'm always double-clicking on it) but everything else feels better. Split controllers makes for a happy RPG player :D

Zornica

Banned
Gvaz said:
Make sure to tell your Real Life friends. Everyone who's played this game, that is your duty.

I tried... but every response i got sounded like "lol wii" (even if they own the system...). I really can't understand people who think that way. I just can't.

StevieP

Banned
Zornica said:
I tried... but every response i got sounded like "lol wii" (even if they own the system...). I really can't understand people who think that way. I just can't.

It started with the third parties.

Oxx

76 hours/level 61

This
Mechonis Field
section is taking quite a while. I think I might be approaching some sort of showdown, though.
I just took a long elevator ride.

Clevinger

Guys, I have a question about Alcamoth later in the game.
From the way all the quests there are timed and just an ominous feeling, I'm guessing Alcamoth is going to get destroyed at some point in the game. I'm about to go to Prison Island. If it does get destroyed, how long do I have before it does? I tried recruiting some people for Colony 6, but I guess it's not developed enough. I don't want to go on if all those recruits are just going to die soon.
Thanks.

StevieP

Banned
Clevinger said:
From the way all the quests there are timed and just an ominous feeling, I'm guessing Alcamoth is going to get destroyed at some point in the game. I'm about to go to Prison Island. If it does get destroyed, how long do I have before it does? I tried recruiting some people for Colony 6, but I guess it's not developed enough. I don't want to go on if all those recruits are just going to die soon.
Thanks.

Yeah, I'm at the exact place that you are. Lots of "timed" quests remain (most of which are the annoying "find this person" - grrrrr) and I'm not sure whether to go to the island yet. Heck, I haven't swam around the whole lake either (and I always like to fully explore an area... the lake is just too damn big and swimming too damn slow!).

McNum

Zornica said:
I wouldn't worry about that too much. there is plenty of time left.
btw: if in doubt, just save and go on
Every time you hit a point where you lose access to a timed quest, the game will warn you with a "Are you sure you want to go on?" warning. Basically, if the game asks you if you think it's a good idea to continue the story, it's because it's giving you fair warning that it might not be yet.

Clevinger said:
Thanks.
Not a story spoiler, I promise.

Just for the record, regarding
recruits: don't worry about them.

thomaser

Sgt.Pepper said:
I can't find Ice Cabbage, even though I went through all valak! I need them for the reconstruction. =(

I found three of them the first time I walked down the place. The very first and the very last blue lights I saw on that trek were Ice Cabbages.

ramyeon

Lateish game spoilers... Agniratha.
Fighting Gadolt for the second time in Agniratha is killing me. He's just impossibly difficult, I have a feeling I'm going to need to grind a bit as I'm only level 66.

Sgt.Pepper said:
I can't find Ice Cabbage, even though I went through all valak! I need them for the reconstruction. =(
There's occasionally one atop that stupid, impossible to walk ridge (Kana Peak), and I found another in the place you need to go for Dunban's 4th skill tree.

ivysaur12

Banned
Hmm. Because I needed to get C6 to level 5 for a trade item that is no longer available, I came upon an extremely interesting quest.
You find Tyrea and a lot of interesting things happen.
It reminded me a lot of the end-game Baten Kaitos 1 and Origins quests that really fleshed out a lot of the backstories for the party members (which was more necessarily in the first BK game, honestly).

Is there a quest like this for every character, or is it just a one-of-a-kind sidequest?

Seda said:
Just started this game.

Impressed by the opening moments, now to plow through tutorials!

Part of me envies you.

tinders

Just hit a bit of a snag at the (Level 75ish spoiler)
Disciple Lorithia fight. I'm currently at Level 73 - she is L75 - but the enemies that she spawns are just wasting me. Have read some strategies apparently Melia is the one to use - spamming Thunder Element - problem is I have no idea how to use her, and have not prioritised leveling up her Thunder Art. Urgh. Just lost 12 times in a row, each time in less than 60 seconds.

Oh well, off to do some questing. My affinity really needs raising in pretty much every area - maybe if I spend 10-12 hours doing that I'll be way over leveled for this bitch of a boss fight.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
tinders said:
Just hit a bit of a snag at the (Level 75ish spoiler)
Disciple Lorithia fight. I'm currently at Level 73 - she is L75 - but the enemies that she spawns are just wasting me. Have read some strategies apparently Melia is the one to use - spamming Thunder Element - problem is I have no idea how to use her, and have not prioritised leveling up her Thunder Art. Urgh. Just lost 12 times in a row, each time in less than 60 seconds.

Oh well, off to do some questing. My affinity really needs raising in pretty much every area - maybe if I spend 10-12 hours doing that I'll be way over leveled for this bitch of a boss fight.
In case you missed it, you can get the summon thunder advanced art book
from the High Entia Tomb in a hidden room in the hall between the Valley of Emperors and Tower of Trials Bridge.

What have you spent her points on? Thunder is good because it's very fast and deals a lot of damage, plus you can power it up with gems that increase lightning damage. For that battle you'll probably want to use some of her AOE arts too, like Fire and Wind (and summon copy obviously). I'd bring Sharla along to heal and either Riki (for ether arts, damage over time, and extra healing) or Shulk (Monado arts) as your third character. Melia will be tanking since she'll be dealing the bulk of the damage, so you'll want to plan your armor/gems/skill links accordingly. Dunban won't be able to hold aggro and Reyn will struggle and neither will be able to deal a lot of damage, so you probably won't want to use either of those.

I beat it with Shulk, 7th, and Sharla though, and while I didn't have trouble it wasn't exactly the ideal approach either.

ivysaur12 said:
Hmm. Because I needed to get C6 to level 5 for a trade item that is no longer available, I came upon an extremely interesting quest.
You find Tyrea and a lot of interesting things happen.
It reminded me a lot of the end-game Baten Kaitos 1 and Origins quests that really fleshed out a lot of the backstories for the party members (which was more necessarily in the first BK game, honestly).

Is there a quest like this for every character, or is it just a one-of-a-kind sidequest?
I'm afraid it's one-of-a-kind, which is a shame because I liked it as well.

Luigiv

Gvaz said:
Make sure to tell your Real Life friends. Everyone who's played this game, that is your duty.
I did, to those who would listen, but most of my friends aren't hardcore enough for 70 hour RPGs, so I haven't bothered with them.

So I just got to
Agniratha
(120 hours, level 67).
After watching that cutscene in the tower I realised that Zanza unlocked the Monado so Shulk can Kill Fiora (and therefore Lady M.). I hope I'm wrong ;_;

I don't want to know, anyway, just had to say it.

Top Bottom