• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

MechaX

Just made it to Agniratha.
I had a feeling Zanza was completely screwing with us. But I did love how back as Prison Island, Melia was like "Uh... so why were you imprisoned again?" and everybody is just like "Whatever Melia, you don't know anything, he can help us out!"
I imagine some pretty mind-bending plot-twists are coming up at the end of this section, right?

Does anyone know where to find the torso and legs pieces of the Asura armor set? Is the last two pieces I need and I wanted to complete it before going into the final battle :)

Zornica

Banned
Psymon_Stark said:
Does anyone know where to find the torso and legs pieces of the Asura armor set? Is the last two pieces I need and I wanted to complete it before going into the final battle :)

you can find the main body part on
prison island 2. near the end on that bridge is a flying unique
p.i.

the legs can be found in
prison island or bionis interiour.
prision island will be easier, it´s the unique bird in the kitchen

p.i.
b.i.

remember: kill the unique, save next to the chest, open -> fail -> reload -> repeat.

good luck

Oxx

Hnnnggg...

I don't know why I am even going back to the old quests. Money isn't useful, the gear is obsolete, and the experience doesn't really get me anywhere.

Still, nice to revisit some old locations again.

aett

Oxx said:
Hnnnggg...

I don't know why I am even going back to the old quests. Money isn't useful, the gear is obsolete, and the experience doesn't really get me anywhere.

Still, nice to revisit some old locations again.

Chances are, those quests will open up new quests -- either because they're in a quest chain or because the affinity chart will be adjusted and open new quests.

Oxx

If the quest involves just going out and killing something, I'm all for it. It's the ones that require me to find specific items that quickly sap my enjoyment.

Scratch that, it's trying to find the quest-giver to cash in the quest that is the worst part.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
ivysaur12 said:
I'm level 81. Where's the best place to get to 85-86 so I can start to take out
Tephra Cave?
Alcamoth, you'll have to watch for the higher level Telethia at first but they'll give you a load of experience and aren't too tough to take out. Just make sure you have Shulk for Monado Shield because they have an extremely powerful talent art they'll use on occasion. Not to mention the occasional need to purge when they use that mind read thing, but I think only the big ones do that.

Also be aware that the level 85 ones you'll want to start on attack in groups, so you'll want a good tank and possibly Sharla.

Gambit

Today I continued my pre-Skyward Sword rush with Xenoblade.

Lvl 50
I am in the fallen arm area and think it's absolutely gorgeous looking up at Mechonis. The vistas keep on giving in this game. Also, I now have party member number 7 and am very torn. I LOVE the voice and did find the water-drinking very sweet. Yet, I am torn, because of poor Melia. Especially after Sharla showed that she is shipping Shulk-Melia. I feel very badly for her. Then she was "sleeping" when Dunban spoke to Riki (and I fear she overheard it all). It's kind of nice, though, that a game can still touch me like that. That has not happened for a long time. I almost want somebody to spoil the love-triangle for me.

Also, I am wondering whether 7 should replace Dunban in my party. I would hate to get rid of him, though. Sharla is almost untouchable, as I am somewhat underlevelled and need my healer.

Still enjoying the game and loving the current pacing. The story bits are no longer so far apart, which is perfect, as the story is getting more and more interesting.

Zornica

Banned
Gambit said:
Today I continued my pre-Skyward Sword rush with Xenoblade.

Lvl 50
Also, I am wondering whether 7 should replace Dunban in my party. I would hate to get rid of him, though. Sharla is almost untouchable, as I am somewhat underlevelled and need my healer.

[...]

you won't need sharla, you just think you do, but in reality you really don't. just try it! the only reason you think you need sharla is because she is in your party and slowing everything down, so you take more hits. shulks/rikis/7th light heal is sufficient enough at lvl 50 and up.

ivysaur12

Banned
chaosblade said:
Alcamoth, you'll have to watch for the higher level Telethia at first but they'll give you a load of experience and aren't too tough to take out. Just make sure you have Shulk for Monado Shield because they have an extremely powerful talent art they'll use on occasion. Not to mention the occasional need to purge when they use that mind read thing, but I think only the big ones do that.

Also be aware that the level 85 ones you'll want to start on attack in groups, so you'll want a good tank and possibly Sharla.

This area is depressing.

MechaX

Anabuhabkuss said:
Still anticipating
Dickson's villain reveal. Either he's Egil or Sharla's bf is.

Heh. *Spoilers and Speculation for the plot-points around Hidden Village Only*
I love it how some characters act so incredibly shifty in obvious ways, but part of the mystique is piecing together the "how and why" part. Like Dickson. I found Dickson's reasoning for somehow knowing you were at the Hidden Machina Village incredibly shady. He didn't even try to come up with a good reason on how he somehow managed to get to the village before the party did, nor did he come up with a good reason on why he never let the part know about his frequent traipsing to the Hidden Village and being buddy buddy with the Machina.

But I don't think he's Egil (maybe the game will throw egg on my face on this one). The Machina was just too chill with Dickson for that to be the case. Plus, I'm not finding the voices identical unlike Metal Face speaking and me being like "... He sounds kinda like Mumkhar." With that said, the buddy-buddy relationship between Dickson, Alvis, and Melia's evil step-mom is pretty concerning.

ivysaur12

Banned
Jesus, reading the quest list for the endgame is daunting. Not sure if I just want to go to the end or
Rebuild Alcamoth and do the ones in Tephra Cave.

The Hermit

Finish the game, but still have to beat it ( complete colony 6, quest etc...)

Final dungeon spoiler and end game history:
The moment I saw each planet of the Solar System I knew they would arrive Earth... but the fact that both "Gods" where humans, well, that took me by surprise. Never expected that kind of connection.
Regarding the love story, I too rooted for Melia and I liked her much more than Fiora... but the truth is that Shulk never looked at her romantically. Also it reflects the relationship choices you made during the game... there was a bunch of love triangles and someone had to be heartbroken. If Fiora died, it would be the easy way out since there would be no dilemma anymore. At first I though they did the fairy tale approach, but it feels bittersweet and I think that was the intention of the developers

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Baiano19 said:
Finish the game, but still have to beat it ( complete colony 6, quest etc...)

Final dungeon spoiler and end game history:
The moment I saw each planet of the Solar System I knew they would arrive Earth... but the fact that both "Gods" where humans, well, that took me by surprise. Never expected that kind of connection.
Regarding the love story, I too rooted for Melia and I liked her much more than Fiora... but the truth is that Shulk never looked at her romantically. Also it reflects the relationship choices you made during the game... there was a bunch of love triangles and someone had to be heartbroken. If Fiora died, it would be the easy way out since there would be no dilemma anymore. At first I though they did the fairy tale approach, but it feels bittersweet and I think that was the intention of the developers
Melia was developed a hell of a lot more as a character than Fiora, so that probably leads to people preferring her to Fiora in that situation. It's not an uncommon sentiment at all, and I agree it was intentional on the part of the developers.

The Hermit

She was the most playable solo character besides shulk... I feel like a freaking puppet.
Damn this game is great even when I don't like it!

Oxx

Pretty much one week to go until Zelda. I'm in
Central Factory (or whatever it's called)
(level 64/80 hours). Will I be able to finish? I might have to marathon it over the weekend.

Gvaz

Banned
Oxx said:
(level 64/80 hours). Will I be able to finish? I might have to marathon it over the weekend.
You're about 80% done. Finish that up

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Oxx said:
You should be able to finish the story. You're getting close to what's basically the home stretch. You're probably looking at another 15-20 hours to finish depending on how much optional stuff you do.

Oxx

Level 65/83 hours

Just got to
Agniratha
. I love leaving the game just at the start of a new area. Makes me desperate to play the game again.

I would have gotten their sooner had I realised that the Named Enemy the jumps out just ahead of the elevator was optional.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Finally got this game. I'll have to abandon it for a while once Skyward Sword releases, but I'll definitely come back to it afterwards. I'm only about 5 or so hours in, but I'm hooked like a mofo. I was pleasantly surprised when one of two spoilers I knew (
Fiora's death
) came very early in the game. It sucks that I know
she comes back somehow
, but other than that, I don't know a damn thing about the plot.

I'm currently at the
Arachnos Queen
. I died once, but I think it was just mismanagement of the Monado's arts on my part. I believe I'm at an appropriate level (Lv. 14), so I should be able to take it out soon. Also, I love how you're not punished for dying. That has definitely saved me tons of rage already.

MechaX

Okay, I'm assuming I'm at the last major area of the game. And I feel like I'm at an impasse here.

The only quests left seem to lead me to enemies with absurd rare drops or areas with like level 90+ monsters. This wouldn't be so bad if, even with stacked agility gems, the game is just like "No, you're not taking on this enemy that is 5 levels above you. To emphasize this point, I'll have you miss each and every attack." Combine this with some people mentioning that the final bosses are more grind-worthy than any other boss in the game... egh... It seems like the developers didn't really leave much of an opportunity for the late 60s-early 70s leveling folk as opposed to everywhere else.

MechaX said:
Okay, I'm assuming I'm at the last major area of the game. And I feel like I'm at an impasse here.

The only quests left seem to lead me to enemies with absurd rare drops or areas with like level 90+ monsters. This wouldn't be so bad if, even with stacked agility gems, the game is just like "No, you're not taking on this enemy that is 5 levels above you. To emphasize this point, I'll have you miss each and every attack." Combine this with some people mentioning that the final bosses are more grind-worthy than any other boss in the game... egh... It seems like the developers didn't really leave much of an opportunity for the late 60s-early 70s leveling folk as opposed to everywhere else.
wait... early 70s? there should be plenty of places to grind, if you are indeed at the last area. And there should be plenty of quests around that level; make sure you've done everything at
Hidden Village, Eryth Sea, and Colony 6 especially
. You could always go for the extra skill trees for each character, most of which should be doable around those levels. But honestly, a half hour fighting Hoxes (and then Gogols) on the Bionis' Leg should net you a few levels at least. Late-game grinding is really easy, I found. Also, at those levels, just hanging out at the later areas should easily be sufficient to gain a few levels.

Leeness

MechaX said:

What area are you at? Because you really shouldn't be late 60 early 70 at the very last place. I have a feeling I know where you are, but there are definitely ways and ways to grind and do quests around that level. You can do it! Not all the quests are end game yet.

Edit: damn you, Moblin! :)

ivysaur12

Banned
Level 93. One more level and I can finally beat
that stupid lv 99 monster outside of Colony 6 and finish one of my favorite sidequests in a long time
and then finish the game.

Speaking of the end game, being this high of a level is gonna make it stupid easy, isn't it? Oh well, I want to finish it tonight.

MechaX

After grinding a bit on Windy Cave and now on these annoying Hoxes, I can see some progress. Replacing Shulk with Dunban definitely did help things, since the Monado really wouldn't do much good in these battles.

ivysaur12

Banned
MechaX said:
After grinding a bit on Windy Cave and now on these annoying Hoxes, I can see some progress. Replacing Shulk with Dunban definitely did help things, since the Monado really wouldn't do much good in these battles.

Do
Alcamoth then Tephra

Level 93. SO CLOSE.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So, when you start getting quests with the timers on them, do you have to do them before the very next story mission or do you just have to be careful not to go too far?

Htown said:
So, when you start getting quests with the timers on them, do you have to do them before the very next story mission or do you just have to be careful not to go too far?
You generally have a good chunk of time before they expire, and for the most part you are told in pretty clear terms that those quests will end. You can also ask here, we'll tell you the cutoff points.
:)

Zornica said:
you can find the main body part on
prison island 2. near the end on that bridge is a flying unique
p.i.

the legs can be found in
prison island or bionis interiour.
prision island will be easier, it´s the unique bird in the kitchen

p.i.
b.i.

remember: kill the unique, save next to the chest, open -> fail -> reload -> repeat.

good luck
many thanks! :)
Now I'm at the
dragon battle at the church
...the end is near! (I hope XD)

ivysaur12

Banned
Clevinger said:
man, why did they put inventory limits in a game where you have to collect so much shit?

Easily the worst design flaw in the game.

My only real criticisms are the inventory limits, lack of unique sidequests, and poor tracking of NPCs. Voice acting for other NPCs would have been nice.

troushers

My favourite part of this game is that sweet, sweet feeling of 1) Getting some silly quest involving 5 different stupid items and then 2) the chiming white collection notifications at the top of the screen ie. 5/5 Jimmy cats 2/2 Whoopsie bugs 1/1 Droprare fungus 3/3 Obscuro Whazzle because you've already accidentally collected it all and 3) The red exclamation mark pinging above the dude you just spoke to.

Instaquests are the best quests.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Four times in the game I threw away or sold something I had ten or more of and ended up needing it later. I counted because I knew it would happen, but I didn't expect it to happen so often. I just had bad luck I guess as I usually replaced it with stuff that I didn't need.

Top Bottom