• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Zafir said:
What does it mean by getting in contact with GAME?

"If you previously placed an online pre-order to get these posters sent with your copy of the pre-order bundle, please get in contact with GAME or gamestation using the links. "

Does it mean you can still get the posters sent, or what?
Probably fixing the issue by letting you pick up the posters in store even though you ordered the game online. Totally guessing, but I doubt they are going to ship them out.

Zafir

chaosblade said:
Probably fixing the issue by letting you pick up the posters in store even though you ordered the game online. Totally guessing, but I doubt they are going to ship them out.
Hmm, may try and contact them then. I can go pick the posters up sometime, since the GAME store is only a 20min walk away.

Mlatador

Banned
Zafir said:
What does it mean by getting in contact with GAME?

"If you previously placed an online pre-order to get these posters sent with your copy of the pre-order bundle, please get in contact with GAME or gamestation using the links. "

Does it mean you can still get the posters sent, or what?

Maybe another way of saying "hey ya'll, time to cancel!" ;-)

Hiltz

Well I bought an SD Card but will have to wait until nextweek for Amazon to ship it. Then I'll be able to mod my Wii !

My friend said he pre-ordered XenoBlade Chronicles from Zaavi.

LProtag

Uh... I guess I better test Brawl in my Wii as I've only been playing NMH on it lately and haven't played Brawl in... years.

Ah, how much testing will I need to do? Is playing a few matches good enough?

Clipper

InsertNameHere said:
Uh... I guess I better test Brawl in my Wii as I've only been playing NMH on it lately and haven't played Brawl in... years.

Play the first few chapters of The Subspace Emissary. Most of the videos in that are on the second layer.

InsertNameHere said:

my friends wii gave out playing the dvd half way through Other M, so who knows? hihi

LProtag

Clipper said:
Play the first few chapters of The Subspace Emissary. Most of the videos in that are on the second layer.

walking fiend said:
my friends wii gave out playing the dvd half way through Other M, so who knows? hihi

Huh. Well I made it through the entire Subspace Emissary when the game came out on my launch Wii. I guess I'll just try to get to some of the movies.

If it really does crap out Nintendo will still fix this problem for free, right? I'd probably have to uninstall the homebrew channel before turning it in though, hah.

flyover

Craig Majaski said:
Just ordered mine from 365games.co.uk as well. Looking forward to playing it!
Done the same. Can't believe I'm importing a game before even buying a Wii. (Hopefully, I'll be able to borrow -- and mod -- a friend's. But if not, I'll happily shell out for one, for this game alone.)

Alextended said:
So if Xenoblade hadn't even existed people could also sprout how open world RPGs aren't possible at all on Wii because nobody could show one, right? Great logic there.

I'm not saying a better-looking open-world game on Wii isn't possible, I'm saying let's see it happen before talking shit about Xenoblade's graphics. The game pulls off something graphically that no other game on the console has. One might say that's because no one else tried, but I'm not too sure about that. And even if it was true, Xenoblade is still the game to beat and deserves props for setting a precedent.

[Nintex]

Franchuzas87 said:
That would explain why the doors take longer to open in that game.
Nah they open slower on the regular version as well. They dropped the fast loading of Metroid Prime 2 and went for larger areas with better graphics instead.

[Nintex] said:
Nah they open slower on the regular version as well. They dropped the fast loading of Metroid Prime 2 and went for larger areas with better graphics instead.
I know, but seeing how they reduced load times in the first two games, I thought that Corruption might also be improved in some way. But I guess, with or without dual layer, it simply couldn't be done with that hardware.

Clipper

Franchuzas87 said:
I know, but seeing how they reduced load times in the first two games, I thought that Corruption might also be improved in some way. But I guess, with or without dual layer, it simply couldn't be done with that hardware.
Incidentally, if you do want the doors to open faster, use a USB Loader to play it from your hard drive. The door opening times are much improved in all 3 games when it's loading from the drive rather than the disc.

Clipper said:
Incidentally, if you do want the doors to open faster, use a USB Loader to play it from your hard drive. The door opening times are much improved in all 3 games when it's loading from the drive rather than the disc.
So I was right in the first post :p

Luigiv

Franchuzas87 said:
So I was right in the first post :p
No you weren't. MP3 loads slower because it has 88MB of RAM to fill up with each environment instead of the 40MB that the first 2 had. It has nothing to do with the dual layered disc.

Luigiv said:
No you weren't. MP3 loads slower because it has 88MB of RAM to fill up with each environment instead of the 40MB that the first 2 had. It has nothing to do with the dual layered disc.
Ok then. I'm not very familiar with the subject, so is always good to learn these things.

TDLink

Question, I have a friend who has an original classic controller so he wants to know if the L2 and R2 buttons do anything important? (Since they suck on the old classic)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Franchuzas87 said:
You're welcome (although I'm not sure what you're talking about :p).

I think he meant you didn't reply in a douchey way. You'll be a good member =D!

kunonabi

Damn they sold out of the bundles on ebay already. Looks like I'm going to be waiting awhile before I get my hands on it.

RPGCrazied

Foffy said:
He's referring to who you'll make the main party leader, considering you can choose who to control.

This.

But I hear each character has his own special moves and by the end of the game characters are vastly different from each other.

Well, I'll start with Shulk, because apparently is the main protagonist, and I'll continue with him unless the skills (or the personality) of another character tempts me to change. What a genius I am.

RPGCrazied said:
This.

But I hear each character has his own special moves and by the end of the game characters are vastly different from each other.
Oh, I thought you were making a non sequitur MvC3 joke :lol I've kept myself so in the dark on this game I'm not aware of any character names, or even that you could main as different characters for that matter.

Grrr... I've been holding off learning about the game until it swims slowly over here (which I'm told is the norm with Zavvi). But another question about the characters:

If you can have different characters as your main and in your party, then what is the mechanism for switching party members? Is it as simple as FFX, where everyone tags along and you can change your party at any time from the menu (or even during battle), or do you need to go somewhere specific?

kiryogi

Banned
SecretMoblin said:
Grrr... I've been holding off learning about the game until it swims slowly over here (which I'm told is the norm with Zavvi). But another question about the characters:

If you can have different characters as your main and in your party, then what is the mechanism for switching party members? Is it as simple as FFX, where everyone tags along and you can change your party at any time from the menu (or even during battle), or do you need to go somewhere specific?
You can only switch when not engaged in battle via the main menu. But otherwise yes. You can switch them around anyway you want.

kiryogi said:
You can only switch when not engaged in battle via the main menu. But otherwise yes. You can switch them around anyway you want.

*sigh* I'm going to have to stop reading this thread until the game arrives. It may just be too much for me to handle.

Thanks!

Zafir

Well, as an update, I sent an email to GAME and they say they aren't even partaking in the pre-order bonus at all, fantastic. Just sent that nintendo article back as a reply. >.<

weeaboo

Wait, what? So instead of cutting the japanese voices they're going with a DVD9 to give us the superior moonspeak voice acting?

Man, Nintendo of Europe is fucking awesome.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
InsertNameHere said:
Huh. Well I made it through the entire Subspace Emissary when the game came out on my launch Wii. I guess I'll just try to get to some of the movies.

If it really does crap out Nintendo will still fix this problem for free, right? I'd probably have to uninstall the homebrew channel before turning it in though, hah.

Yeah, they fixed it for free when it happened to me. It was odd as hell, because I made it through all of Brawl perfectly fine at launch. It wasn't until a year or so later that it took longer to read the disk and eventually stopped completely.

Top Bottom