• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| Sorry I Kept You Waiting!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Just wondering, but are there any good websites that show good art movesets for all of the characters?

Im about 47 hours in, and i want to get some different opinions/insights into what other people are doing.

Not that I know of, for the most part they're pretty balanced. Just pick whatever suits how you play. For example, if you're using Dunban as a tank, Heat Haze is probably not ideal since it removes all his aggro. If you use Reyn as a tank and have other party members that tend to draw aggro from him, you might want to have a lot of aggro up arts and arts that fill the talent gauge (for Mad Taunt).

Just things like that. There are probably some "ideal" setups, but honestly the game isn't hard enough on it's own to really necessitate using them. Delving into that would really only be useful for self-imposed challenges.

Reyn: Can't spell Reynbow without Reyn, baby!
7th: Dunban... I think you need to have a talk with Reyn.
Dunban: Let's just act like nothing happened...

I love the post-battle banter in this game.

The issue with quickstep gems is in all probability you'll spend more time forging and equipping them than you save from the movement boost they offer.

Really? I just stumbled across one, or got it in a quest or something.

pgtl_10

I'm at the 3rd Egil fight where charges up. I destroy the things that charge but I still can't hurt him and then he uses a move that kills me. How do I hurt him?

Korosenai

Just got 7th. What arts should i be focusing on? Team combination?

I know this has probably been asked about 100 times so far lol

Nearing point of no return
and I want to use this Mechonis Key item that I got in a Hidden Village sidequest before the Mechonis is gone forever. What the heck do I do with it?

ZenaxPure

Whatever you want to use that gets the job done, there are certainly some team strats that are OP but you can get by with just about anything.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

I sort of answered that above. You really can't go wrong with any team combination or art setup as long as you're thinking about what you're doing and not just throwing stuff together. A lot of people in this thread have ended up with different parties by the end.

Only thing that really matters is agility. Agility agility agility. Other than that, you can pretty much set up your party/characters however you want.

Nearing point of no return
and I want to use this Mechonis Key item that I got in a Hidden Village sidequest before the Mechonis is gone forever. What the heck do I do with it?

Isn't that just the thing that unlocks the door to lead to that area? I don't think it does anything else. Most of the key items only get used once before they're useless.

Korosenai

Good point chaos.

Im level 56 right now, so its kind of nice to have level 52, 53 monsters to fight and kind of test everything out.

Exeunt

I don't think so. I got it in the Wilted Flower quest.

I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. After you have that item, you should be able to receive two more quests in your current area; one will
unlock the blocked-off door in the village and have you use the key in an area you find on the other side
while the other
controls something where Shulk and Fiora initially fought the Mechon in that same area
. The NPCs that give those quests should be pretty easy to find, since that area is relatively small.

pgtl_10

I'm at the 3rd Egil fight where charges up. I destroy the things that charge but I still can't hurt him and then he uses a move that kills me. How do I hurt him?

So I'm up to Makna Forest, just got Riki and Melia. Seems kind of quick to be adding new characters considering how far apart the previous ones came... Anyway I love the area around Makna Falls, especially how Makna Falls isn't just there to look pretty in the background, it's something you can swim all the way up to. Not that there's any point in swimming to it, it's just cool that you can do it.

So you know English, dont know Japanese, yet you have it set to Japanese anyways.

Makes sense!
It was a democratic decision by the family members present in the room when I was starting it. Also I'm learning a lot by trying to match Japanese words to the English subtitles.

The English VA is really good, and it kind of blows my mind when people talk about it being bad. I'd honestly recommend it over the Japanese, the English track has a lot more life to it than what I've heard of the Japanese track (Dickson and Dunban especially), and some of the post-battle banter between various parties is pretty good and worth hearing.
I never said the English VA was bad, I haven't even tried it yet. I'll probably try the English version once I do a NewGame+.

Quickstep gems are your friend. But you might not have any yet.
I have a few, but they're low level and don't help much.

Huh. Are you sure you destroyed all three of them? Are you going back to standing right in front of him? Are you sure you're targeting him instead of his cronies? These are the only reasons I can imagine for not being able to hurt him. Is your party equipped with the anti-mechon weapons, or using Shulk's Enchant?

About that battle. Some builds of Dolphin glitch and don't trigger the quest completion after destroying the 3 things that charge which is required to make the boss targetable.

Croc

Banned
Finally got around to beating the game after putting it off for awhile and doing tons of side quests.

Ending was thoroughly satisfying and
fuck if I didn't tear up when it showed Fiora with her body back (even though I was expecting it with all the first person stuff).

pgtl_10

Huh. Are you sure you destroyed all three of them? Are you going back to standing right in front of him? Are you sure you're targeting him instead of his cronies? These are the only reasons I can imagine for not being able to hurt him. Is your party equipped with the anti-mechon weapons, or using Shulk's Enchant?

Shulk can't even hit him and that's when I use joint attacks.

pgtl_10

About that battle. Some builds of Dolphin glitch and don't trigger the quest completion after destroying the 3 things that charge which is required to make the boss targetable.

Ouch I don't have Dolphin but I have used ocarina cheat manager. Does that have a glitch?

Korosenai

The ice cabbage is my least favorite part about this game :(

edit: Found my second ice cabbage, went to colony 6 to reconstruct nature to level 3, and it won't let me select it. Is this some kind of sick joke? :(

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ouch I don't have Dolphin but I have used ocarina cheat manager. Does that have a glitch?
I wouldn't think so, but it's possible.

The ice cabbage is my least favorite part about this game :(

edit: Found my second ice cabbage, went to colony 6 to reconstruct nature to level 3, and it won't let me select it. Is this some kind of sick joke? :(
Missing something else maybe? Or do you not have enough cash?

Korosenai

I wouldn't think so, but it's possible.

Missing something else maybe? Or do you not have enough cash?

Wow, I never actually noticed that part of it before. That's exactly what's wrong.

I've got Housing and Commerce up to LV 4 and Special up to LV 3 without needing more cash, so i've never ran into this before. Thanks for pointing it out, I thought I had a glitch or something lol.

Up to the Eryth Sea now, and while all of the game has been beautiful so far, it's especially beautiful being up on the top of Bionis and being able to see pretty much everything. A few other random thoughts: While I like the battle music, I wish there were more versions of it. It's getting kind of repetitive hearing the same theme so often. Also, as my party has grown, I've found myself wishing more for an in-game explanation for the party size limit. It's especially confusing when you see all 6 of them taking on a Telethia at once in a cutscene, but then once you go back to gameplay, there are only 3 of you again.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Up to the Eryth Sea now, and while all of the game has been beautiful so far, it's especially beautiful being up on the top of Bionis and being able to see pretty much everything. A few other random thoughts: While I like the battle music, I wish there were more versions of it. It's getting kind of repetitive hearing the same theme so often. Also, as my party has grown, I've found myself wishing more for an in-game explanation for the party size limit. It's especially confusing when you see all 6 of them taking on a Telethia at once in a cutscene, but then once you go back to gameplay, there are only 3 of you again.

This is one of my complaints about the game. What they should have done is taken the base daytime music, and create two alternate versions. A "lite" or soft version for night, and a more intense and upbeat version for battles. Then they could smoothly fade from one variation of the song to another, and it would be less repetitive.

There is another battle theme that will play in areas later in the game, so you do have that going for you.

Sooo... I just completed the Kingpin series of quests in Frontier Village. o.m.g.
I did not expect that kind of crazy drug-busting action in a village populated by fluffballs. I knew something was up with Bana, that dude was acting fishy the whole time. Then he comes out with his attack bird, and that amazing battle music plays giving the whole thing an epic feeling.

The battle itself was pretty tough... He was a few levels above me, in the Yellow danger range. It was the first time I had ever taken on a unique enemy above my level. I led my party with Dunban, and ended with Sharla. I tried Reyn at first, by we died right before we were able to kill him. Then I put Riki in, because it would be poetic seeing the evil Nopon drug lord getting taken down by the Heropon. Again, died after we got him into low HP. Finally, I went with Dunban/Shulk/Sharla, so I could use his Monado Shield. I realized the trick was to not use chain attacks, but keep the party gauge up so you can change the future and revive people.

That was absolutely amazing. I didn't expect anything like that from this game.

Chris R

I asked in the Dolphin thread but didn't get a response so I figure I'd ask here. Any must have tweaks/hacks for running this in Dolphin? Found a texture replacement pack to swap the button icons out for their 360 counterparts (great because I'm using a 360 pad to play the game), but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I asked in the Dolphin thread but didn't get a response so I figure I'd ask here. Any must have tweaks/hacks for running this in Dolphin? Found a texture replacement pack to swap the button icons out for their 360 counterparts (great because I'm using a 360 pad to play the game), but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Nah. There is a high res texture pack but like most other texture packs, it hurts the art of the game more than it helps. There is some high res text too, but I didn't really think it was necessary.

I've seen a lot of people mention a Xenoblade-specific Dolphin build. Haven't seen it myself, but that might be useful if it has things like the HLE audio fix and stuff already patched in. That shouldn't be necessary if you're able to use LLE though.

So all the quests at the Refugee Camp in Bionis's Leg had a pretty obvious point-of-no-return for when their timer would end and they'd be no longer available, is the same true for all the timer quests in Alcamoth? I'm about to head to Prison Island, and I want to know if I should take the time to do some of the Alcamoth quests beforehand, or if it's safe to wait until afterwards...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So all the quests at the Refugee Camp in Bionis's Leg had a pretty obvious point-of-no-return for when their timer would end and they'd be no longer available, is the same true for all the timer quests in Alcamoth? I'm about to head to Prison Island, and I want to know if I should take the time to do some of the Alcamoth quests beforehand, or if it's safe to wait until afterwards...

There's a warning for those, but it's not obvious. It just gives you a generic "are you sure you want to continue" type cue.

You have a long way to go and several more areas before you get to that point though.

So I'm not really much of a JRPG player anymore. Back in the PS2 days I was all over every good JRPG that came out but as everyone knows, this gen has not been kind to them on the consoles. With all of the hype surrounding Xenoblade, not only about the quality but the "will NoA actually release it here" stuff, I decided to per-order it. Due to the busyness of life it just sat on my shelf since I picked it up. Today I finally opened it up and popped it in, and man, did it deserve the praise. It had me feeling all kinds of nostalgic for when these kind of games were plentiful and I spent all my summers playing. The combat, the art style, the designs, the atmosphere, it's all incredible. I was really worried it was a case of people over hyping it because of the situation surrounding it, but that is definitely not true. I'm gonna be spending a lot of time playing this the rest of the summer, and it even has me interested in picking up the Last Story when that releases.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Would someone mind telling me where I should train at level 82?

Alcamoth, you should be able to kill the small Telethia roaming around. Eryth Sea has some on some in various areas as well. The further in to the area you go, the higher level enemies you can find, I think they go up to 91 or so in the palace.

If you can't quite do that yet, the Kromers around Eryth Sea are probably a little easier, as well as the enemies in the marsh at night. But the other area is sufficient until you're high enough level for
Tephra Cave
, and that along with Deinos Sauros in Makna Forest (GREAT crystal drops from those) can get you to 99.

Alcamoth, you should be able to kill the small Telethia roaming around. Eryth Sea has some on some in various areas as well. The further in to the area you go, the higher level enemies you can find, I think they go up to 91 or so in the palace.

If you can't quite do that yet, the Kromers around Eryth Sea are probably a little easier, as well as the enemies in the marsh at night. But the other area is sufficient until you're high enough level for
Tephra Cave
, and that along with Deinos Sauros in Makna Forest (GREAT crystal drops from those) can get you to 99.

Ahhh I'm currently on a NG+ so
I don't have access to the Telethia in Alcamoth just yet.
(focusing on side quests, but want to switch it up a bit xD). I've been working at the Marsh but it's a bit slow, so I'm going to go to the sea. Thanks a lot!

Siaynoqq

Just got Melia and I'm really enjoying using her in battle. I'm wondering, though, if I missed a shop with her intermediate art upgrades. I just got out of Frontier Village to look for ether crystals in the forest and I have a ton of AP waiting to be used for her. Did I miss a shop somewhere?

Also, is the AI for her really that bad? It seems clear to me she needs to be used efficiently to make her incredibly valuable--possibly by far the most valuable--but I would imagine she is on par with others even if used inefficiently, given her double dose of high damage and buffing at the same time.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Just got Melia and I'm really enjoying using her in battle. I'm wondering, though, if I missed a shop with her intermediate art upgrades. I just got out of Frontier Village to look for ether crystals in the forest and I have a ton of AP waiting to be used for her. Did I miss a shop somewhere?

Also, is the AI for her really that bad? It seems clear to me she needs to be used efficiently to make her incredibly valuable--possibly by far the most valuable--but I would imagine she is on par with others even if used inefficiently, given her double dose of high damage and buffing at the same time.

The AI generally does not make good use of the damage unleashed elementals can deal. She'll regularly auto-attack (and hers are hilariously weak) or stand around and do nothing depending on what arts you have on her, instead of firing off elementals and summoning new ones.

And I think the first shop with her art books is in the next town area after Frontier Village.

I also don't think Melia is a particularly great character when you first get her since the cooldowns are a bit long. She really shines most once you get a lot of her key arts into the intermediate range, up until the late post-game when she's arguably outclassed by at least a couple other characters.

Siaynoqq

The AI generally does not make good use of the damage unleashed elementals can deal. She'll regularly auto-attack (and hers are hilariously weak) or stand around and do nothing depending on what arts you have on her, instead of firing off elementals and summoning new ones.

And I think the first shop with her art books is in the next town area after Frontier Village.

I also don't think Melia is a particularly great character when you first get her since the cooldowns are a bit long. She really shines most once you get a lot of her key arts into the intermediate range, up until the late post-game when she's arguably outclassed by at least a couple other characters.

Which characters would you say are better?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Which characters would you say are better?

At the point you're at, it's a toss up. Like I said, Melia at that point just has cooldowns that are too long for her to really function as well as she can. After a couple more areas she'll probably be the best character in the game for quite a while, if you use her.

But once you hit level 90+ or so (or start tackling those sort of enemies/challenges) Shulk is the best character in the game, unquestionably. Nobody can touch Shulk's combination of utility/support arts plus very good DPS without relying on damage over time (DoT).

After that it's debatable. I think Dunban would easily hold the #2 spot, because he's probably the second best non-DoT damage dealer and his role as a speed/dodge tank is much more useful than Reyn's damage eating. He can tank anything in the game, even if he's lower level than it is. In my late/post-game low-level run, he tanked a level 79 enemy at level 71 without going down with only minimal healing (Light Heal only, no Sharla) without any sort of special setup, and didn't have any problem against the highest level superboss at only level 79 (I have a video, but don't refer to it yet since it contains spoilers you're not at yet) - granted I did have a lot of post-game stuff you normally wouldn't have at level 79, but still.

Melia and the 7th character are probably tied for the #3 (7th character also drops a slot this late in the game, earlier that character is probably #2 behind Melia). Melia is really only good at dealing damage, her support arts aside from Reflection are just not that great. Sleep is only useful if you don't have Shulk in the party. She's too fragile to tank.

7th and Melia are probably tied for the top damage dealing spot, Melia might have a slight edge due to DoT (is slightly lower without DoT probably), assuming each are properly setup. 7th has a little more utility and is very self-sufficient, I was screwing around and solo'd enemies 6 levels higher than I was with that character. I don't think any other character in the game can do that reliably. And with the better setup that I have now, I could probably do enemies closer to 8 levels higher.

But this is all kind of pointless, because you can use any party and 100% the game. Some setups are more effective than others, but it ultimately doesn't matter unless you're dealing with self-imposed challenges.

Seanspeed

Banned
I know I've already complained about it, but I'm really struggling to get through the place in the game I'm at right now.
Mechonis capital now, sick of fighting Mechon SO BAD
. I honestly cant play for more than half-hour/hour at a time when before I could sit and play for like 3 or 4 hours straight.

Jarlaxle

While I've been enjoying the game throughout, it's really hit another level between yesterday and today. I imagine I'm nearing the end.
I just got Shulk back from whatever outer space sequence and Disckson just ran away quivering like a bitch.
How many hours would you say I have left if I didn't do any sidequests? Also, I'm a little worried that I'm a little underlevelled. I'm level 70 right now. I'm playing with Shulk, Dunban, and 7th. Not much healing there other than Shulk's light heal but I'm just straight up rocking shit. I haven't had too many problems so far and hopefully I won't before the end.

Those last couple of hours though. Man. This game is so fucking awesome!

Just beat the game. Ending is nuts. But I still have a question...
What the heck is a Monado? Alvis says he is one, Shulk obtained one out of nowhere, it's just so confusing.

I know I've already complained about it, but I'm really struggling to get through the place in the game I'm at right now.
Mechonis capital now, sick of fighting Mechon SO BAD
. I honestly cant play for more than half-hour/hour at a time when before I could sit and play for like 3 or 4 hours straight.

Yeah... just finish this area and the part afterwards and you'll be done with them forever.

While I've been enjoying the game throughout, it's really hit another level between yesterday and today. I imagine I'm nearing the end.
I just got Shulk back from whatever outer space sequence and Disckson just ran away quivering like a bitch.
How many hours would you say I have left if I didn't do any sidequests? Also, I'm a little worried that I'm a little underlevelled. I'm level 70 right now. I'm playing with Shulk, Dunban, and 7th. Not much healing there other than Shulk's light heal but I'm just straight up rocking shit. I haven't had too many problems so far and hopefully I won't before the end.

Those last couple of hours though. Man. This game is so fucking awesome!

You have 2 1/2 more areas left. I's say maybe, 5 hours depending how much exploring you do? Next boss is at level 78 or so, so I recommend doing plenty of sidequests. The Kingpin quests in Frontier village in particular. I gained two levels from the last mission alone, not to mention they will greatly enhance your enjoyment of the game.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Just beat the game. Ending is nuts. But I still have a question...
What the heck is a Monado? Alvis says he is one, Shulk obtained one out of nowhere, it's just so confusing.

Yeah... just finish this area and the part afterwards and you'll be done with them forever.

You have 2 1/2 more areas left. I's say maybe, 5 hours depending how much exploring you do? Next boss is at level 78 or so, so I recommend doing plenty of sidequests. The Kingpin quests in Frontier village in particular. I gained two levels from the last mission alone, not to mention they will greatly enhance your enjoyment of the game.

Next boss is 75 actually, and the normal enemies range from 71-75 or so, IIRC. So he's not really underleveled as long as he kills enemies on the way to the boss. It's a boss a lot of people struggle with though, so extra levels won't hurt.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Getting back in the game after putting it on hold after a while. 41 hours in.
just got past the Galahad Fortress
. I'm starting to get really hooked on the story; and eager to find out what happens next, a number of the recent cut scenes and plot development have felt xeno esque as fuck too. Some of the character interactions are a bit to sappy for my taste at times. But it doesn't really matter much; when they have successfully managed to make me care for the cast at this point.

ThankeeSai

I'm really enjoying this game, but have only managed to put 5 hours or so into it since I got it, been busy for one reason or another...Anyway, I'm getting back into it again, but am stuck at a certain section. Hoping gaf can help me out with a few tips.

I'm basically stuck at the
Spider boss in Tephra cave. There are loads of little spiders around her which I've managed to kill, but when it comes to the queen herself, I get rinsed.

I've tried different tactics to try and get this boss done, but just can't seem to do it. Think I'm level 13 (iirc) at this point. Is it just a case of grinding and coming back or is there an easier way to defeat this boss and I'm just not seeing it?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really enjoying this game, but have only managed to put 5 hours or so into it since I got it, been busy for one reason or another...Anyway, I'm getting back into it again, but am stuck at a certain section. Hoping gaf can help me out with a few tips.

Spider boss in Tephra cave. There are loads of little spiders around her which I've managed to kill, but when it comes to the queen herself, I get rinsed.

I've tried different tactics to try and get this boss done, but just can't seem to do it. Think I'm level 13 (iirc) at this point. Is it just a case of grinding and coming back or is there an easier way to defeat this boss and I'm just not seeing it?

For starters, you're using Shield like the tutorial says right, when you get a vision? And you're leveling up your arts?

The little spiders respawn, if you've gotten some good armor in the cave on your way there you can probably focus on the big spider without worrying about the little ones. Make sure Reyn's keeping aggro, try to avoid having it attack Shulk.

There's really not a whole lot of options at that point in the game.

Edit: Ha, I'm not sure if my level 1 video will help much, but toppling and chain attacks are things you should definitely consider taking advantage of. If you can, try to topple the enemy before initiating a chain attack, because you can use Wild Down again (or nearly any other topple art) to extend the duration the enemy is down.

Zornica

Banned

you are exactly at the right level for that boss. gaining 1 or 2 more lvls would certainly make it easier, but isn't really necessary. I think I ignored the little spiders and just attacked the queen. watch out for visions and use monado shield 3 secs after you saw them - not too soon because of its shorter duration. And only use it if you saw a vision, it's not a defense improving buff, it's just for blocking special attacks (in case you didn't know).
also upgrade your skills and arts and equip your best armor and gems.

chaosblade did a little video of that boss, it's a little bit spoilery because it shows many arts you don't have yet, but if you are ok with that, maybe it could help you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVAuVgsYMaM

edit: better try it first by yourself again, before watching the video

ThankeeSai

Thanks for the tips guys.

Yeah, I've been levelling up my arts, but not been using the shield in the right way by the sounds of it.

Will take a look at the video later, too.

Thanks again :)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Since I finished Ys Origin again, I'm probably going to jump back into my low-level playthrough. I actually went and fought
Xord
at level 6 today but Dolphin crashed. I probably need to gain a couple levels so it doesn't take forever. Considering the NG+ equipment, it's not like it's a challenge regardless, it's just a matter of "can I hit them?"

My main goal is to unlock the post-game stuff at level 60, and kill Abaasy at that level. Should be doable, it's just a matter of doing it before night ends (meaning I might have to resort to chain attacks this time).

Edit: Okay, beat that boss. Took longer than it should have because I had pretty terrible luck with my chain attacks and hitting with break arts.

Also, bonus round: Reckless Godwin + minions. It was pretty much an all-Dunban show since his level is so much higher than everyone else (need to get his affinity with Sharla up so I'm using them). I'll upload those later. Fun fight though since he has several attacks that hit through defense, and I came close to losing as a result. Framerate is kind of poo due 9 enemies fighting at once.

Extra awesome bonus:

iWRvvxoXqORMj.jpg

Yes, that is a level 82 enemy. (re: Edit: What's up with that AP scaling though?)

Jarlaxle

I am getting absolutely wrecked by
Lorithia
. This is honestly the first time I've hit a wall in this game. I was level 71 when I got to that boss fight. I tried it about 6 or 7 times and realized it just wasn't going to happen at my current level. I wasn't even putting a dent in. So, I've been leveling up a bit. Now I'm at level 74 but I'm worried that might not be enough.

I've looked online and most agree that I should be using Melia in my party for that fight but I really kind of want to do it with the party I have (Shulk, Dunban, 7th). Am I handicapping myself to such a degree I won't be able to beat the boss or what level do you think I should get to before I go back and try again? Should I substitute Rikki or Sharla in for Dunban or 7th just for this fight?

AniHawk

Lorithia
. This is honestly the first time I've hit a wall in this game. I was level 71 when I got to that boss fight. I tried it about 6 or 7 times and realized it just wasn't going to happen at my current level. I wasn't even putting a dent in. So, I've been leveling up a bit. Now I'm at level 74 but I'm worried that might not be enough.

I've looked online and most agree that I should be using Melia in my party for that fight but I really kind of want to do it with the party I have (Shulk, Dunban, 7th). Am I handicapping myself to such a degree I won't be able to beat the boss or what level do you think I should get to before I go back and try again? Should I substitute Rikki or Sharla in for Dunban or 7th just for this fight?

i think i had rikki, 7th, and sharla for this one. sharla to keep the healing on 7th, rikki for the poison/burn/chill, and 7th for the absolute murder oh my. just get 7th's attack speeds up, max out double hits, make double hits an auto-crit (it's one of the skill chains), and link 7th to dunban's 'all crits heal hp' and you should be good to go.

first time through i had my ass handed to me since i was trying to build affinity between shulk, melia, and dunban. i did last a long time, but it was tough going. when i did the second group, it was over in a minute and a half.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Lorithia

I beat it with that party easily on my second playthrough, at that level.

Try do set up Fiora to get max tension really easily/quickly. If she can get Final Cross off, you can probably topple lock the boss and win extremely easily.

Otherwise, chain and topple, if you can keep her locked down, great. You're going to rely on topples and daze in pretty much any case with that party since physical damage is really gimped otherwise, and taking out the elements around the boss is time consuming and dangerous. (re: topple lock, I made a video with an example and some details in the description, if you're not familiar with that)

Otherwise, what AniHawk said is a much better bet, since ether damage is much better for that fight. Melia could replace Riki assuming you're controlling her.

Top Bottom