• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XenobladeX |Import OT| Discovery of Superb View: http://youtu.be/HgIXNOEv_40

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Well... shit
srol018qvug7.png

Yep, this is a xenoblade game alright

So, random question: Why do so many players on Miiverse seem to be taking the same kind of picture of meals of food they ate on plates? It's really weird, because if you take the screenshots out of context, you'd almost never be able to tell that they were from a Xenoblade game...

Netto-kun

Zero²;162199321 said:
Damn your avatar looks mighty fine!
And finally a screenshot of Tatsu together with his lost siblings :p
Thanks! It's supposed to be a look-a-like of Cloud since Keiician made a look-a-like of Squall.

I spent way too much time on getting the Doll license and messing around with the Doll afterwards. Looks like flight pack will be available later :V

(Linked screenshots from second continent since I am not sure whether these quick and dirty scenery screenshots are considered spoiler or not

http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_01pysdi.jpg
http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_01wjs6d.jpg
http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_01vmols.jpg)

+100 rep if you get the references even with my bad attempts on coloring and naming.
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01jqjst.jpg
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01mebsd.jpg

Voliko

Sigh whats with this ridiculous sort of negativity? Nobody takes y'all seriously

If you dont like playing a game to learn more about the world and would rather you have a cutscene spoonfeed you the whole thing, then I suggest you go pick up FF13.

Chore list lmao.. just be happy the kizuna quests arent locked behind "kill X monster 15 times for me so you dont have to grind" quests like in the last game.

Now have some SAWANNYEEESSSSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzAm7NfG8FE
The Sawano point has been discussed to death. Some people love his stuff, some people hate it. Dissenting opinions shouldn't be frowned upon.

I don't think "filling in the blanks", as Iwata put it in the latest Iwata Asks, is good game design. Kill X monsters, find all the random shit lying around the world to fill up some boxes, fill in the map, deliver item to NPC 243, it's all so tedious and unmeaningful. Any world building through this kind of stuff is frequently inconsequential, especially in the last game. Well, atleast more meaningful quests have been promised this time around.

Vena

The Sawano point has been discussed to death. Some people love his stuff, some people hate it. Dissenting opinions shouldn't be frowned upon.

I don't think "filling in the blanks", as Iwata put it in the latest Iwata Asks, is good game design. Kill X monsters, find all the random shit lying around the world to fill up some boxes, fill in the map, deliver item to NPC 243, it's all so tedious and unmeaningful. Any world building through this kind of stuff is frequently inconsequential, especially in the last game. Well, atleast more meaningful quests have been promised this time around.

"Fill in the blanks" content like this is simply for people who like grind, its entirely inconsequential otherwise and complaining about its existence unless it impacts gameplay is meaningless (its also extremely trivial to make since the enemies already exist and you're effectively just scripting on some text boxes and checks). Grind is a type of design/gameplay that some people like.

Mandatory grind, now that's bad. Or if a game has only terrible grind as content but that doesn't seem to be the case here and, seemingly, far less onerous than Xenoblade which had very few actual fleshed out questlines and the majority were just kill X frogs.

In as of so far, the only "grind" we've heard of for having to progress the story is having to uncover some % of the world to progress, but that is rather logically consistent with the point of the start of the game.

chadboban

Thanks! It's supposed to be a look-a-like of Cloud since Keiician made a look-a-like of Squall.

I spent way too much time on getting the Doll license and messing around with the Doll afterwards. Looks like flight pack will be available later :V

Your screens are all great! Glad you started using abload. Would love to see some sunset pics.

How are the controls for the doll?

ok so I decide to pre-order the sound track. Anyone knows where the cheapest place to pre-order is? amazon.jp shipping is like ¥1,000 (ouch).

wanders

Again, just to be 100% sure, we can go completely HUDless right?

Also does the "This is the day we've been waiting for" song only play once, when Primordial Wilderness is presented?

Chaos17

Lesson of the day after watching some streamers : get a good memory because the bestiary won't tell you where you saw the monster you met neither the quest XD

Renewed

Cheapest shipping I've seen (to Canada) is 700 yen for unregistered SAL (which is all you really need). 1000 yen would (probably) be because they are shipping registered to give you a tracking number.

I bought from CDJapan if you were wondering.

Fandangox

That's make sense, so Vena just trolled us in previous page ? >.>"
*Throw Tatsu at Vena*

Considering Vena's other posts in this thread, yes, Vena was joking, I'd presume.

Finally, post more.
Also guys this isnt a spoiler they are obviously comparing elma to alvis because of their darker skin and silver/white hair

As you wish:

tumblr_nloxqhlMwW1qjkgtso1_1280.jpg

WGQIX3a.jpg

uVh8yLn.jpg

Spoilers!

lmISpYe.png

Tatsu was the Heropon ALL THIS TIME

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Finsihed up Chapter 4 last night, and noticed I suddenly have a ton of kizuna quests I can do. Can't wait to do them tonight when I get home!

I also unlocked the next region, but haven't traveled that far in. This game is going to be murder on my OCD. XD

Finsihed up Chapter 4 last night, and noticed I suddenly have a ton of kizuna quests I can do. Can't wait to do them tonight when I get home!

I also unlocked the next region, but haven't traveled that far in. This game is going to be murder on my OCD. XD

Be careful when accepting kizuna quests, since you can't have kizuna quest and story quest at the same time. So if you get stuck on kizuna quest, you can't progress the story. My suggestion is save before and after kizuna quest, do not save during it.

Fandangox

Zero²;162289588 said:
Damn! This is just fantastic, do you have the source?
Just made it my new smartphone background :)

I don't although I got most of these from gamefaqs, so I could just ask, some had sources or listed the artist's name on them.

Finally, post more.
Also guys this isnt a spoiler they are obviously comparing elma to alvis because of their darker skin and silver/white hair

Ehh I wouldn't say it's just comparing them due to their looks. It's clear that Takahashi uses the same archetype in his games to show exactly which character has the most "mystery" (and key figure in the plot) surrounding them (he actually uses quite a few of the same archetypes between his games, just this is one that really stands out). Krelian, Chaos, Alvis, and Elma are all clearly that character in their respective games.

Then again what I said may have absolutely nothing to do with that picture itself and more to do with Takahashi's games in general.

Why dont you play the game itself and figure out if it works how its implemented in this game with the set up they're going for.

The created a planet that's meant to enjoy being explored, thats why you're a pioneer colonizing a planet in the game's story.

Anyway, I find it funny that you're bringing up "Sawano's stuff" , in the 7 years I've listened to his music not once have I ever heard anything that sounds like UH YEAH does lol

"Fill in the blanks" content like this is simply for people who like grind, its entirely inconsequential otherwise and complaining about its existence unless it impacts gameplay is meaningless (its also extremely trivial to make since the enemies already exist and you're effectively just scripting on some text boxes and checks). Grind is a type of design/gameplay that some people like.

Mandatory grind, now that's bad. Or if a game has only terrible grind as content but that doesn't seem to be the case here and, seemingly, far less onerous than Xenoblade which had very few actual fleshed out questlines and the majority were just kill X frogs.

In as of so far, the only "grind" we've heard of for having to progress the story is having to uncover some % of the world to progress, but that is rather logically consistent with the point of the start of the game.
Xenoblade didnt have a "few"

That game had like 500 quests and the shitty ones were always the ones you got dumped on you whenever you entered a new area, most of these auto completed and replaced the need to "grind"

The interesting quests were annoying because of how you had to keep track of peoples movements and times of the day

God why couldn't Lyn look less sharp eyed like the fan art instead of the weird creepy thing she has going on at the edges of her eyes.

She is by far the worst character design of the cast.

Chaos17

God why couldn't Lyn look less sharp eyed like the fan art instead of the weird creepy thing she has going on at the edges of her eyes.

She is by far the worst character design of the cast.

image.php

XD

Edit : that's good news
[WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X # <RPG> (Nintendo) (¥8.316) - 50-60% (two days sell-through)
He heard the rumor that the shipment is 300k, and the bundle 50k
But he thinks is unlikely...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162295198&postcount=279

So, how are you enjoying the game so far?
Enjoying it. It's hard to take everything in while you're running around exploring, but with all of the quests available you get to slow down a bit to find things, and enjoy it a bit more. I like NLA a lot, and so far the story is fairly interesting(just beat chapter 6).

Tapping between map screens is a little annoying, but it's infinitely more useful than any of the maps from the first game. I'm also not a fan of enemies popping out of the ground, scares the shit out of me every time...

Working on my Doll License now. Lailah will be mylah soon enough.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, Nintendo timed the release so smartly. I have the entire Golden Week to sit in my underwear and play Xenoblade X nonstop.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Enjoying it. It's hard to take everything in while you're running around exploring, but with all of the quests available you get to slow down a bit to find things, and enjoy it a bit more. I like NLA a lot, and so far the story is fairly interesting(just beat chapter 6).

Tapping between map screens is a little annoying, but it's infinitely more useful than any of the maps from the first game. I'm also not a fan of enemies popping out of the ground, scares the shit out of me every time...

Working on my Doll License now. Lailah will be mylah soon enough.

How is iyakku enjoying it? He is probably the most hyped person by far(besides me) for this game.

Loving the look of the character creation. Is there a gallery of user-created heroes out there yet? Would love to see people try to create existing game characters like in the old Wrestling games :)

Also, the hype is real. All these screens and snippets of info are making the wait really hard.

Zenaku

Currently clocked at 39 hours 37 minutes. Not sure how long the game is but I'd be surprised if I was anywhere near the end.

Got my first Doll, just doing a bit of levelling up and saving money for more. Game seems much harder than Xenoblade, but I tend to hold myself back (hoard points and money instead of upgrading skills/arts or buying equipment); I quite like the difficulty though.

chadboban

Pics arent showing

That's weird. They're showing for me and Nanashrew judging by their comment. I wonder if it's similar to what happens to me when someone links an image on minus.com? More often than not, when someone shares a pic here via Minus I can't see it for some reason.

Top Bottom