• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XenobladeX |Import OT| Discovery of Superb View: http://youtu.be/HgIXNOEv_40

Bebpo

Banned
Well, I was clearing up simple quests and normal quests and kizuna quests before moving on to the ch.5 or ch.6 story (don't remember where I am; but I don't have Dolls yet, still on foot) and a normal quest led me try to REPAIR A HELICOPTER by finding 1 electric motor on the 2nd continent.

This led me to a 10 hour long gaming session where I explored the entire 2nd continent on foot (even the one frontier point where you have to swim halfway across the continent for an empty beach) outside the final north area which I think you need a Doll to access (on top of the waterfall). The 2nd continent is absolutely mindblowing amazing in design. I was pretty disappointed with the first continent feeling like a small area blown up x 20 with not a lot of variety to it or level design, just open. And What I've seen of the 3rd continent is pretty open as well, but the 2nd continent is just an amazingly tightly designed level of epic proportions. It's like half or 1/3rd the entire game map of Xenoblade in one seamless continent filled with so much variety, layered pathways and hidden secrets everywhere.

Without a doubt I'll say the 2nd continent is the best designed area I've played in an rpg and sold me on the game completely after being underwhelmed by the first continent.

And after 10 hours of running around collecting about 400 items...I still never found the goddamn electric motor wtf :|

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Well, I was clearing up simple quests and normal quests and kizuna quests before moving on to the ch.5 or ch.6 story (don't remember where I am; but I don't have Dolls yet, still on foot) and a normal quest led me try to REPAIR A HELICOPTER by finding 1 electric motor on the 2nd continent.

This led me to a 10 hour long gaming session where I explored the entire 2nd continent on foot (even the one frontier point where you have to swim halfway across the continent for an empty beach) outside the final north area which I think you need a Doll to access (on top of the waterfall). The 2nd continent is absolutely mindblowing amazing in design. I was pretty disappointed with the first continent feeling like a small area blown up x 20 with not a lot of variety to it or level design, just open. And What I've seen of the 3rd continent is pretty open as well, but the 2nd continent is just an amazingly tightly designed level of epic proportions. It's like half or 1/3rd the entire game map of Xenoblade in one seamless continent filled with so much variety, layered pathways and hidden secrets everywhere.

Without a doubt I'll say the 2nd continent is the best designed area I've played in an rpg and sold me on the game completely after being underwhelmed by the first continent.

And after 10 hours of running around collecting about 400 items...I still never found the goddamn electric motor wtf :|
I spent 20 minutes looking for that item and googled it afterwards. Ideally players would share all this information through the in-game reports, but because of the sheer amount of quests like this, it doesn't work so well.

Can't wait for US release.Listening to the music disappointed me so bad. Almost as bad as looking at Sawano's stupid f*cking titles.

That said, I'm starting to rationalize it away. The music isn't for me. It's for these dumb*ss future kids. It certainly sounds like something dumb*sses from the future would listen to after pop, rap, and J-pop all melt into one amorphous blob of ear rape that emanates from nearby speakers.

Basically, it's exactly how I imagine their music would sound.

Mendrox

Can't wait for US release.Listening to the music disappointed me so bad. Almost as bad as looking at Sawano's stupid f*cking titles.

That said, I'm starting to rationalize it away. The music isn't for me. It's for these dumb*ss future kids. It certainly sounds like something dumb*sses from the future would listen to after pop, rap, and J-pop all melt into one amorphous blob of ear rape that emanates from nearby speakers.

Ok then, I love Xenoblade Chronicles Soundtrack so far, love Chrono Triggers, Earthbound and more, but I also love Sawanos music.

Guess I am a dumbass future kid, because I like the pump up music in battles. :(

Bebpo

Banned
I spent 20 minutes looking for that item and googled it afterwards. Ideally players would share all this information through the in-game reports, but because of the sheer amount of quests like this, it doesn't work so well.

Where did you find it? 20 mins is nothing, I've spent 10+ hours looking :p

Bebpo

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSOj1mKct5w

This is me, 10+ hours of searching for this item :( And uh, he doesn't find it in that video, so it still doesn't help me find it. Nm, it's that place in the end. Argh, I was there a bunch of times and I just never got the items >_<

Item collection quests are really the worst part of the game.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Where did you find it? 20 mins is nothing, I've spent 10+ hours looking :p
I don't want to waste time in quests where the only difficulty comes from the fact that the item appears in one random place of a huge map.

I think it was the northern part of the northern part, with super high lv enemies.

kubus

I love the music in this game.

So... thanks? :/

random25

Well, I still haven't done chapter 10, exploring all the things is eating up an amazing amount of play time. Maxed out two of my field skills though, and got this cute decal(among some very random other ones) for hitting BLADE level 10. I think someone else might have posted it here a while ago...

Also trying to build a super weapon. Gonna need a bunch of tickets if I can't find the enemies that drop the rest of the parts I need :/

That decal is cute.

Ok then, I love Xenoblade Chronicles Soundtrack so far, love Chrono Triggers, Earthbound and more, but I also love Sawanos music.

Guess I am a dumbass future kid, because I like the pump up music in battles. :(

In all seriousness, I get that some people actually enjoy sawano's engrish warbling tracks, and I actually think it fits X as well as the Xenoblade soundtrack fit the original. Sawano's music sounds exactly like something you'd expect the residents of NLA to listen to.

I don't like it, but I can imagine my character going into battle with earphones like Nero listening to that crap lol.

Bebpo

Banned
I don't want to waste time in quests where the only difficulty comes from the fact that the item appears in one random place of a huge map.

I think it was the northern part of the northern part, with super high lv enemies.

Yeah, from now on I'll just google the item after like an hour of searching. On the downside it was frustrating as hell not finding it after scouring entire continent on foot. On the plus side I got to map out the whole continent and gain like 4 levels without even fighting much. Went from 19-23 just from all the landmarks, viewpoints and frontier spots.

Now that I've mapped out pretty much all of the first two continents on foot outside spots not reachable until you get a Doll I think I'm going to focus on the story at this point until I get a Doll, will make mapping out entire continents a lot easier and faster I think.

Guess I can ask this here because I can't find the info anywhere on wiki yet.
Does someone know where to get the 10 items needed to unlock the Kizuna quest in front of the church? The simple quest is "Please marry me!"

Bebpo

Banned
Does someone know where to get the 10 items needed to unlock the Kizuna quest in front of the church? The simple quest is "Please marry me!"

Yeah I have no idea where you find those weather items. I don't have any yet.

Highwind

lmao get over yourself.

Bebpo

Banned
Speaking of bugged quests, I have a simple quest from the very start of the game that wants me to equip a soldier assault rifle and kill lvl.2 bugs at night outside the west gate. I do that but the kills never count, can't figure it out and seems bugged?

I actually like spending a few hours blowing through all the non-item-collection simple quests. I like how the hunting ones tend to point you to all the unique mobs and it's fun fighting unique overeds that are 5-10 levels above you and seeing which ones are doable and which ones instant wipe your whole party.

And I'm guessing there's like 40-50 kizuna quests? Seems like there's one or two every level. Like there's a lvl.19 one, two lvl 20 ones, a lvl 21 one, a lvl 22 one, etc... seems like you can steadily level through just those without even messing with the main story missions much.

Speaking of bugged quests, I have a simple quest from the very start of the game that wants me to equip a soldier assault rifle and kill lvl.2 bugs at night outside the west gate. I do that but the kills never count, can't figure it out and seems bugged?

I actually like spending a few hours blowing through all the non-item-collection simple quests. I like how the hunting ones tend to point you to all the unique mobs and it's fun fighting unique overeds that are 5-10 levels above you and seeing which ones are doable and which ones instant wipe your whole party.

And I'm guessing there's like 40-50 kizuna quests? Seems like there's one or two every level. Like there's a lvl.19 one, two lvl 20 ones, a lvl 21 one, a lvl 22 one, etc... seems like you can steadily level through just those without even messing with the main story missions much.
It requires specific weapon, not specific kind of weapons. Also I think you need to be using that weapon at the moment it dies.

Sorry Hasemo, I ended up getting distracted by cooking dinner for the fam.

Are you sure it's the right one? I thought I had it, but the weapon I'd equipped was '&#12450;&#12469;&#12523;&#12488;' not ’&#12450;&#12477;&#12540;&#12523;&#12488;' like it should have been. Or vice versa, I forget now.

Grampasso

The level cap for your characters is 60 but the Dolls have their own levels through parts and they make you stronger. It basically means that once you reach 60,you need to start upgrading your dolls so you can take on the higher level enemies.

Also, class levels add to your level too I think.
Oh, that sounds good, so at 60 begins the endgame customization through dolls

Overside

Banned
Yeah, from now on I'll just google the item after like an hour of searching. On the downside it was frustrating as hell not finding it after scouring entire continent on foot. On the plus side I got to map out the whole continent and gain like 4 levels without even fighting much. Went from 19-23 just from all the landmarks, viewpoints and frontier spots.

Now that I've mapped out pretty much all of the first two continents on foot outside spots not reachable until you get a Doll I think I'm going to focus on the story at this point until I get a Doll, will make mapping out entire continents a lot easier and faster I think.

Isnt this exact situation what the nav ball is for?

kubus

Wasn't the motor something you could buy with tickets at BLADE home?

When I'm stuck with collection quests and wikis aren't helping I just buy the items... Can't be bothered to look around for hours :p.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Wasn't the motor something you could buy with tickets at BLADE home?

When I'm stuck with collection quests and wikis aren't helping I just buy the items... Can't be bothered to look around for hours :p.
You can only buy monster drops with tickets, not collection items, iirc.

Oh, btw...
The lv 50 DLC quest for quick cash gives 300k G and 30k milanium in ~2 minutes (that's how long it takes to clear it):
iFGt6jUzbYWSC.jpg
Now we know why they waited for a week before releasing this DLC. It would've completely broken the in-game economy. :p

Kandinsky

Trying to figure out a good balance to playing with a challenge. I don't like doing quests below my level since there's no challenge and just running around can be a bore (like Tatsu's sunglasses quest), but it feels like there's a kizuna quest almost every level, so if I keep doing them I'll end up waaaaay above story missions and have no challenge there. Hmmmmm, maybe I should do story missions as soon as possible, then kizuna quests.

That was kinda my fear coming from Xenoblade where I ended up being waaaaay overleveled for most of the story missions which sucked.

I'm currently struggling in the 3DS version now :p

You can only buy monster drops with tickets, not collection items, iirc.

Oh, btw...
The lv 50 DLC quest for quick cash gives 300k G and 30k milanium in ~2 minutes (that's how long it takes to clear it):

Now we know why they waited for a week before releasing this DLC. It would've completely broken the in-game economy. :p
You can do them an infinite number of times?
Edit, beaten.

Yes, I already went from 30k to 1.6 mil. Going to get myself 2 heavy or 1 heavy 1 medium lv 50 Dolls, good equipment for them and for my party and then I'll start gathering materials for lv 60 Dolls.

So this is basically like that FE DLC, and for that matter, the SMTIV DLC too.

I miss cheat codes and game genie :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
This is crazy. Until I reached level 60 my character got hired by others maybe ~10-15 times.
Now that I'm 60 I got hired 15 times in a span of an hour. Too bad that all those 1500-2000 xp chunks are worthless, but I least I'm getting the items.

Yes, I already went from 30k to 1.6 mil. Going to get myself 2 heavy or 1 heavy 1 medium lv 50 Dolls, good equipment for them and for my party and then I'll start gathering materials for lv 60 Dolls.

Does that DLC quest come with like the new characters stuff? Or was it a free DLC thing?

Unlocked Bose and Akusena with their first Affinity Quests. Both Quests seemed about on par with the ones in the main game; i.e. full voice acting, 1-2 proper cut-scenes. I quite like them as characters, to be honest and having the Fashion Equipment unlock early is a nice bonus (tank tops and sweat pants for everyone!).

Working on HB's quest now, but I need to go to bed. One of the tasks involves raising the amount of Miranium you mine and I thought I had a good system, until I realised you can get a 50% boost with 5 probes of the same kind linked up and I made my number jump by like 6,000 by re-jigging the whole thing.

kubus

Arghhhh can't get past this fight in
Chapter 9 (against Ga Delka and that girl). Maybe I'm just underleveled at lvl 35?

Anyone got a good strategy for dealing with these guys? There are so many mobs, but if I try to clear them first I get killed by the two main baddies.

Kinda tired of grinding in this area and kizuna quests and stuff are locked out at the moment until I finish this chapter :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Arghhhh can't get past this fight in
Chapter 9 (against Ga Delka and that girl). Maybe I'm just underleveled at lvl 35?

Anyone got a good strategy for dealing with these guys? There are so many mobs, but if I try to clear them first I get killed by the two main baddies.

Kinda tired of grinding in this area and kizuna quests and stuff are locked out at the moment until I finish this chapter :(
Higer a high level blade for the last spot. Makes everything not involving Dolls easier.

kubus

Higer a high level blade for the last spot. Makes everything not involving Dolls easier.
Oh you can still hire other players? :eek: that would probably make a big difference. I'll have to try tomorrow though, it's getting late >_<

I'm also pretty tempted by the "super guide" offer that appears when you die a couple of times, haha. But I'd feel dirty :p

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Oh you can still hire other players? :eek: that would probably make a big difference. I'll have to try tomorrow though, it's getting late >_<

I'm also pretty tempted by the "super guide" offer that appears when you die a couple of times, haha. But I'd feel dirty :p
Nothing bad about using it. I bet you'd be able to clear the fight if you were a few levels higher and that option just lowers enemy levels. There's no skill required for grinding.

Speaking of grinding, after clearing the DLC quest over and over for about 2-3 hours, I finally got those ~10 million which I needed to buy the last 2 level 50 Dolls together with some decent equipment. Here's my final (?) team before I get materials required for lv 60 ones:

Overside

Banned
Nothing bad about using it. I bet you'd be able to clear the fight if you were a few levels higher and that option just lowers enemy levels. There's no skill required for grinding.

Speaking of grinding, after clearing the DLC quest over and over for about 2-3 hours, I finally got those ~10 million which I needed to buy the last 2 level 50 Dolls together with some decent equipment. Here's my final (?) team before I get materials required for lv 60 ones:

Yeah... If was an alien.

I uh... I wouldnt fuck with you

Can someone who has put a lot of time into the game talk about the differences between the dolls? Like are the heavy ones just always preferable if you can afford them? Someone mentioned that a few pages back but didn't really expand on it. It is something I am very curious about.

Dunno if you've figured this out yet, but...
the requirement for that Kizuna is just 'accept' the marriage Simple. You can start the Kizuna once it's in your quest list, no need to go looking for them somewhere.

wowzors

Has the downloadable assets for this been put up on the US e-shop? Also can I just buy a regular external or a USB stick for this game?

kubus

Yep I just went with the level downgrade and beat the boss -- no regrets :p. I'll just grind a bit more before starting the next story chapter to make up for it.
Btw your team looks so kick-ass, love the colors on your Dolls *v*

Just unlocked the flight pack btw (thank god those items could be bought with tickets) and holy sheeeeeeettt this game just got 10x more awesome

The music is hype

Yep this will probably be my GOTY

TheMoon

Oh cool, check this out. This guy on Miiverse decided to keep himself and his doll in a single position and take pics as the day changed.

I'm guessing there's some conditions he missed out on due to it being a rainy day. Still neat nonetheless. Open them each in new tabs and switch between to get a better feel of the changes.

I made a gif from it (sadly a bit small)

gtn9nho3d.gif

alvis.exe

Yep I just went with the level downgrade and beat the boss -- no regrets :p. I'll just grind a bit more before starting the next story chapter to make up for it.
Btw your team looks so kick-ass, love the colors on your Dolls *v*

Just unlocked the flight pack btw (thank god those items could be bought with tickets) and holy sheeeeeeettt this game just got 10x more awesome

The music is hype

Yep this will probably be my GOTY

So jealous!! Have you flown to all of those floating islands yet? :D

Bebpo

Banned
Just checked and story-wise I haven't even started ch.5 plot yet and I've explored most of the world map outside the final continent. A couple of days ago I wanted to see if I could just swim to the north continents and I could! swimming + running past enemies let's you pretty much explore the whole world off the bat if you're determined enough.

Are you sure it's the right one? I thought I had it, but the weapon I'd equipped was '&#12450;&#12469;&#12523;&#12488;' not ’&#12450;&#12477;&#12540;&#12523;&#12488;' like it should have been. Or vice versa, I forget now.

Thanks! That was exactly it. Never noticed there was an Assault rifle and an Assoult rifle.

Just checked and story-wise I haven't even started ch.5 plot yet and I've explored most of the world map outside the final continent. A couple of days ago I wanted to see if I could just swim to the north continents and I could! swimming + running past enemies let's you pretty much explore the whole world off the bat if you're crazy enough.

Fixed.

Considering how I play Xenoblade, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up doing something similar in X by accident.

Top Bottom