• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Caught Mr. Shakedown sleeping on my way to some story stuff. Proceeded to steal some of the 6 million yen he had on him, he woke up and tossed my ass like a salad from Olive Garden.

It's great that all the fighting styles feel good. Especially after 5 included the worst character and the worst fighting style in series history
241f9.jpg
He had a sick superman punch though...

Caught Mr. Shakedown sleeping on my way to some story stuff. Proceeded to steal some of the 6 million yen he had on him, he woke up and tossed my ass like a salad from Olive Garden.

I once stole 52 million yen from him when he was sleeping lol

After he beat me twice and I saw him a bit later, I turned around and booked it! I think he has $9 million from me. I'll just wait until I get more combat abilities before taking him on.

xclk07

Apologies if already covered, but does game difficulty affect the minigames? If I play a round of darts (or whatever) on Legend, is it much much harder than Easy?

He had a sick superman punch though...

I once stole 52 million yen from him when he was sleeping lol
HOW? Lol I barely got a million off of him before he woke up.

After he beat me twice and I saw him a bit later, I turned around and booked it! I think he has $9 million from me. I'll just wait until I get more combat abilities before taking him on.
I dig the tension when you see him. Some Souls level stuff right there.

Correct.
Also I think the stuff that happened between them was before 0.
Was it? Isn't he like 24 in this game? Considering the stuff that you see in Yakuza 4 and the flashbacks in chapter 4 , I'm having a hard time imagining when he would've been
married
prior to the events of Yakuza 0.

HOW? Lol I barely got a million off of him before he woke up.
How do you steal so much without him waking up?
Stand still and hold the button. As soon as you see the exclamation mark above his head let go of the button. Wait for zzz to appear again and hold the button once more. Good luck lol

Apologies if already covered, but does game difficulty affect the minigames? If I play a round of darts (or whatever) on Legend, is it much much harder than Easy?
No. Difficulty only affects the combat.

Was it? Isn't he like 24 in this game? Considering the stuff that you see in Yakuza 4 and the flashbacks in chapter 4 , I'm having a hard time imagining when he would've been
married
prior to the events of Yakuza 0.

Stand still and hold the button. As soon as you see the exclamation mark above his head let go of the button. Wait for zzz to appear again and hold the button once more. Good luck lol

No. Difficulty only affects the combat.

WHAT. You can just hold the button?

I got tired after pressing x like 100 times. This fucking game lol.

Jachaos

This pretend boyfriend sidequest lmao. Some of the most batshit reasons for you getting dragged into situations like those.

WHAT. You can just hold the button?

I got tired after pressing x like 100 times. This fucking game lol.
Hahaha. I was pressing at first but since he had so much money and I was stealing them very slowly (lol) I decided to see if holding will do the trick and it did! After a while the speed at which you steal his money will increase so the last 15-20 millions went by super fast!

Edit: It's been only 2 days since release, but already this thread has more unique users (437) posting in it than both Y4 (346) and Yakuza 5 (422) OTs. I hope this is a sign of the series gaining more popularity in the west!

Chase17

Me right now looking for Sake

Will find it tomorrow. Sure I'm just being silly and completely missing it.

The three side quests I played were all incredible. Can't help but screw things up on purpose sometimes though lol
smashes plate

The three side quests I played were all incredible. Can't help but screw things up on purpose sometimes though lol
smashes plate

Check the convenience stores (M stores) and that one big store south of the map (Don something). You'll find all of the alcohols you need in these stores.

Jachaos

smashes plate

There's some at the M Store convenience store just past Theatre Square. I just did that tonight!

goldenpp72

So i'm new to this series, can you not play all the games in the Sega arcade thing? What can be played and where?

Also my fiancee is playing the UFO game but has a lot, can I do anything with the toys? Also I notice when she gets the toys stars come up, but they never go passed 2, any ideas?

etrain911

Sweet, thanks!

Yeah, I've been wondering how important it would be to cover certain styles. For example, Beast is much better with environmental objects around (like in Chapter 2's Boss), but you may not always have that at your disposal. In that situation it'd be good to have a fallback perhaps? I don't think on-person weapons really count much more towards the range efficiency there.

Also, for some reason I thought Yakuza 0 was the first title to implement fighting styles (it's my first, so I likely misheard). Are similar systems found in other games of the series, or is Ishin an outlier?

0, Kiwami, and Ishin are the start of the fighting style thing. Kiwami is a remake of 1 so it is pretty cool to see. 3 had different branches Kiryu could invest in, 4's version of "different styles" were the 4 unique characters. Akiyama has fancy footwork and feels very quick. Saejima is the heavy-hitter and reminds me most of the Beast style, and Tanimura had a parry reminiscent of the kind of thing that Kiryu can do in his Brawler style. I haven't finished playing through 5 yet, but that still seems to hold true for the most part (I've beaten everything until the new character who I can't be arsed to play).

Floody

Is the dancing mini-game just really hard or I'm I just bad at it? I without fail, fuck up the D-pad QTE everytime, and Hard seems to be pretty much impossible without that boost.

Also, I'm really loving this game, feels like I've missed out on something great not playing any but Yakuza 1.

Which park does Mr. Shakedown typically sleep in or is it just random all over the map?
I found him in the park with a telephone in it, but have also seen him sleeping by the bowling place, so just random I think.

RiverKwai

Seriously just walk around the bystanders and you'll pass.

FINALLY after like 250,000 yen wasted. The game tells you to lock on. When you do that, you can't really see the guy. He rushes you and then shoulder slams you instantly to the ground.

Don't lock on is the key. Press R1 and block and just walk away from him.Now I feel stupid. :p

D-Man

I accidentally spent all night doing mini-games and sidequests instead of progressing through the story. I did like two story missions and 11 sidequests. Game is super fun and I really am having nothing but a fun time with it.

Tomorrow I'll try to finish Ch. 2 and finally play as my dude Majima.

Tizoc

I accidentally spent all night doing mini-games and sidequests instead of progressing through the story. I did like two story missions and 11 sidequests. Game is super fun and I really am having nothing but a fun time with it.

You sure you dont want to raise ur friendship level in bowling, arcade and disco first?

So i'm new to this series, can you not play all the games in the Sega arcade thing? What can be played and where?

Also my fiancee is playing the UFO game but has a lot, can I do anything with the toys? Also I notice when she gets the toys stars come up, but they never go passed 2, any ideas?
Certain games are available in certain arcades. At first you only have access to Outrun and Space Harrier but after doing the friendship quests in Sega arcades you'll unlock the Fantasy Zone and Super Hang-On.

There is an amazing sub-story for Majima that needs you to do the UFO Catcher game for an absolutely adorable little girl. Also, winning all 15 different prizes in the UFO game will give you CP which you can use in shrines to gain certain perks.

Where can i access this survey?
Go to the Yakuza Zero icon in the PS4 OS and press down. You should see it at the right side in the overview section. You have to use a NA account though since it's only available in that region.

Rymuth

smashes plate
Only one I had trouble with was the Beer because I was looking for the word Beer and not Malt

Imho, that's how the game should be played. Immerse yourself. Don't head to the shortest route to the objective. Dine out to recover health, drink and learn beer trivia. It helps too, in the long run, since you're getting CPs

leng jai

It's funny how technically the graphics are terrible but there's a certain charm to them. The game is cinematic AF despite the visuals and the voice acting is some of the best I've heard.

Menitta

It's funny how technically the graphics are terrible but there's a certain charm to them. The game is cinematic AF despite the visuals and the voice acting is some of the best I've heard.

I feel like the art style and direction are what makes it look good. The graphics are not that technically great but it's got a nice realistic style to it that makes everything work well together. It's hard to explain but they are charming.

robotrock

Banned
game is addicting. i think its because it just throws sub-stories at you while you're exploring the city.

i did not expect to do a 7 hour play session

Frimaire

Real Estate Guy: "Feel free to spend the profits from these properties as you see fit. I trust your judgement."
Me: *Spends 5 million yen on model car parts*

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
So I was just playing and ended up at Chapter 3 without really meaning to. I haven't done any side stuff for Kiryu. I assume there is no way to switch between the characters for now? I'll just have to wait for the story to progress?

Tizoc

So I was just playing and ended up at Chapter 3 without really meaning to. I haven't done any side stuff for Kiryu. I assume there is no way to switch between the characters for now? I'll just have to wait for the story to progress?
You ll have ample time to do the side stories later so no worries

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the main story last night with 42 hours on the clock, only had 3 hours of sleep before getting up for work again but man it was worth it. Absolutely brilliant, definitely up there with 2 (well just slightly behind it) as my favourite Yakuza game. The last couple of hours, like most Yakuza games, was fantastic and the ending very satisfying. No complaints at all there. The last boss gave me a bit of trouble on Hard but managed to get it done eventually, had me on the edge of my seat at times.

Of course that doesn't mean I am done, far from it, Premium Adventure here I come :) So much left to do - fully upgrading, the another drama stuff, the rest of the substories etc

Is it true that theres items to help you find substories ? How do you get a hold of them ?

She's a doll (no pun intended), but the UFO machine is just so evil sometimes :(

And thanks! I got it.
It can be a little frustrating at times, but you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Is it true that theres items to help you find substories ? How do you get a hold of them ?
For Majima you have to fill-up that friendship gauge in the restaurant. I think it's called Kamian or something. It's the one behind Majima's apartment.

Top Bottom