• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

aravuus

From a plot side of things that wouldn't really make much sense, but you will unlock a side mission later in the game for both Kiryu and Majima where you can transfer money from one city to another. Its dead handy to get Majima leveled up as Kiryu can make money just much easier/faster than Majima can.

Yeah, gamey as fuck, like I mentioned. I don't think everything has to necessarily make that much sense, of course, but it is what it is. Good to know there's a way to transfer money between the two later on!

Gacha-pin

OK, I'll say it again.

Sauce face and Soy sauce face, what the?

In before Japan expert neogaf shows up ;p

It's just a way to describe a man's face using a taste (of sauce).

His face looks like a taste of soy sause --> He got soy sauce face.
Someone who has a oily face--> Mayo face.

EricB

Did anyone else notice getting bonus items upon starting the game from owning other Yakuza games? I have the Japanese physical version of Ishin so I was a bit surprised when a couple of items unlocked in my US digital version of this game.

Did anyone else notice getting bonus items upon starting the game from owning other Yakuza games? I have the Japanese physical version of Ishin so I was a bit surprised when a couple of items unlocked in my US digital version of this game.
Yup, happened to me too.

And that happened when I started Y5 with Y4 savedata in the console.

Dawg

I'm mainly using Rush combat and I noticed it has way less heat moves... like waaaaaay less. I like the faster combat but I kinda miss the cool moves. Any specific reason why Brawler has tons of them?

I'm mainly using Rush combat and I noticed it has way less heat moves... like waaaaaay less. I like the faster combat but I kinda miss the cool moves. Any specific reason why Brawler has tons of them?

Brawler is supposed to be Kiryu's main style in all the other Yakuza games, only much less refined and much more aggressive because he's younger. It's also the more "balanced" style. Beast mode also has some awesome heat moves.

My two copies came in...finally. Played through the first chapter. Feels good man :D

3186662-20170126_044621+1080.jpg

Should I invest in only one style ? I never player Yakuza so I dont known about the money.

This is actually the first Yakuza game where everything is tied to the Money. In all previous games, Money was used to buy stuff and do stuff while upgrading your abilities used points which you gained from gaining exp or completing training.

You should at least invest in the bases for every style, but you'll probably have a preferred style which you'll want to max first which is okay. It's entirely up to you how you want to go about it, but earning money shouldn't be a problem. You can earn enough to upgrade all the styles fully and then some, but it'll require a bit of a grind. It's worth it though.

Floody

Should I invest in only one style ? I never player Yakuza so I dont known about the money.

I would at least pick up the health and other stat boost perks in every style, but money is pretty easy to come by so I've just been getting everything, but buy for my preferred style first.

GeeTeeCee

I was going to complain about how Gold & Silber Plates are worthless compared to previous games, but then a civilian gave me a Ruby Plate, and all is right with the world.

That sweet, sweet money.

ViciousDS

Banned
Finally completed chapter 1 last night and started doing side quests following khsubs fantastic guide.

That yanky punk band was absolutely hilarious for a sidequest.

Ah man, this game is so damn good

Laws00

After playing chapter 3 intro and seeing Majima, i'm wondering what the hell happened to make change him change in personality so much. I read his back story but I thought that would make a man go crazy lol

I read when the game was first coming out that Majima and Kiryu had different personalities before the start of the first game. Majima was the calm and collected one and Kiryu was the hot head brash guy

Rymuth

After playing chapter 3 intro and seeing Majima, i'm wondering what the hell happened to make change him change in personality so much. I read his back story but I thought that would make a man go crazy lol

I read when the game was first coming out that Majima and Kiryu had different personalities before the start of the first game. Majima was the calm and collected one and Kiryu was the hot head brash guy
My interpretation is that Kiryu's
10 year stint in prison
In Y1 helped changed him.

No idea about Majima, tho. Haven't finished the game yet.

Laws00

My interpretation is that Kiryu's
10 year stint in prison
In Y1 helped changed him.

No idea about Majima, tho. Haven't finished the game yet.

I thought that was common knowledge I mean if you played the first game at least. i don't know the ending of this game.
I wonder if it leads up to the first game beginning but that's like 6 years later since the game starts in 1995 and then 10 years later its 2005

Laws00

Something interesting I read that Akira Yuki, Ryo Hazuki, and Kazuma Kiryu were all born in 1968.

I wonder if any of them would ever cross paths with each other but I don't think they all live in the same universe though sadly.

Ryo
November 29th, 1968

Akira
September 23, 1968

Kazuma
June 17, 1968

So the minigame that has been really effective at making me feel terrible at the game so far has been the rush master's boxing matches. I can't even beat the 10k yen drunk dude. I've tried dodging to the side but his moves track with you, I've tried dodging back but he moves too far forward, and I've tried blocking but it triggered kiryu's L1 dodge mechanic for the first hit and I got knocked down by the second. I've had to take a break from it because I kept fucking it up. Is there something I'm missing, or do I just suck at dodging?

I'm on Chapter 2 and I've been looking for scotch whiskey forever. It's the only drink I need and I can't find it.

I randomly got one from a Dream Machine, so I didn't have to go hunting for it. I didn't have too much trouble finding the drinks when I saw where the stores are. I had to fight a bunch of people on the way though.

JP

Wonderful game.

As somebody who's played the English language games, can somebody recommend something like a "History of Yakuza" game series video so that I can catch up on the older games? Particularly the spin-off games as apart from watching the trailers when everybody else did on here, I don't really know anything about them.

Did they ever confirm an English language release of Kiwami?

Floody

So the minigame that has been really effective at making me feel terrible at the game so far has been the rush master's boxing matches. I can't even beat the 10k yen drunk dude. I've tried dodging to the side but his moves track with you, I've tried dodging back but he moves too far forward, and I've tried blocking but it triggered kiryu's L1 dodge mechanic for the first hit and I got knocked down by the second. I've had to take a break from it because I kept fucking it up. Is there something I'm missing, or do I just suck at dodging?

I just ran around in a circle around him whenever he went to attack, trying to dodge him would just fail at his ram move eveytime.

Volcynika

Super early in chapter 1, spoiler tagging I guess
about to go to Toko Credit
and I got the rush style. Where is the guy on the map that said to come by that you learned the rush style from? I remember he said a street, but I can't recall it and there's nothing on the map that indicates it.

The dev team has ALWAYS implemented stuff based on real life. There are real foods, restaurants based off of existing restaurants, real TV personalities that have cameos and real alcoholic beverages.

The magazine covers are also real.

No, you have to discover them first but the next step is usually shown on the map.

There is an item
that you get later on that reveals the starting locations, will be handy for Premium Adventure Mode.

Wait what? Who or how do you get this. I'm a good way through the story and I haven't been given anything.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
make sure you're using X to dodge, hold R1 to face the opponent. dodge when he winds up to attack, it's super easy.

Super early in chapter 1, spoiler tagging I guess
about to go to Toko Credit
and I got the rush style. Where is the guy on the map that said to come by that you learned the rush style from? I remember he said a street, but I can't recall it and there's nothing on the map that indicates it.

It's a parking lot on the northeast corner of the map. An icon of a person will show up when he's there.

Mupod

I watched the Giant Bomb quick look and noticed they give you healing items in the Dojima building fight on normal mode. I didn't see anything like that on hard.

What other differences are there? Do you earn more/less money? I'm early on but I'm already at the point where my upgrades cost 30 million, and I get like 300-500k per street squabble.

JP

I'm pretty sure we've got both a Kiwami and a 6 confirmation. Kiwami is later this year and 6 is early 2018.

Edit: the post above me rip

Time to dive back into Shogi!
Thanks.

I've actually seen that before so I don't why I couldn't remember it. Not long until Summer 2017. I know that Sega are interested releasing the other numbered games on PS4 in some way so hopefully we'll get those at some point, even if it isn't via a Kiwami style remake.

Top Bottom