• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Year Walk |OT| First Person Swedish Swiping Horror

Grisby

Finished it. Was a nice little experience and I liked how the companion app 'helped' me on some situations.

I do wish it would have been creepier in some way. There were a handful or 3 fingers full of jump scares but the rest was just kinda 'eh' in the scary department. Patrick talked it up big on the bombcast so I guess that's why I was expecting mind numbing terror.

Still, I had a decent time and will be recommending it to my friends. Glad my 3GS ran it with no problems.

Just finished it.

True ending was awesome. That was really something special.

Edit:

Absolutely amazing. Loved it.

also love how the end ending still leaves things open. I mean, at no point do you actually find yourself stabbing her. You have no weapon...until you are given one from the future. Did he actually change the past by sending the knife back? Or did he ensure that what happened, happened?

Holy shit! I never even considered this!

Someone asked about the soundtrack earlier in this thread: Daniel Olsén is releasing his Year Walk soundtrack tomorrow. And Jonathan Eng's credit song will also be on it. It'll be available on Cbaby, Amazon, iTunes... (And I think Spotify too, and perhaps more?)
Amazon already has already got it listed, so you can check out the track list here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BUOS1ZG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
completed it with no help. It really works, as you suss out the puzzles with just fiddling with the game. great little haunting game. Enjoyed it immensely

ss_lemonade

Is it just me or does the beginning section with the windmill and girl remind you guys of majora's mask's meeting with the mask merchant?

Joeku

It's criminal that this is a three-page topic. Playing with the medium like this gives me my favourite games. Thanks, Simogo. Great way to spend a few dollars and a night.

Yeah, I just finished playing this and was really impressed. Some of the puzzles were a bit obscure, but the atmosphere and meta storytelling is so well executed.

Top Bottom