• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YO. HAWKGUY. BRO.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT I HAVE

IT'S REAL

IT'S ACTUALLY REAL

EDIT: I NEED TO LEARN SIGN LANGUAGE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS HAPPENING

Jealous. Won't be able to read my copy until I get home tonight. I usually buy digital but I might venture out and get a proper floppy of this issue this weekend, did it for the Pizza Dog issue and this feels like another good one to go for.

Jealous. Won't be able to read my copy until I get home tonight. I usually buy digital but I might venture out and get a proper floppy of this issue this weekend, did it for the Pizza Dog issue and this feels like another good one to go for.

I've got it sitting next to me on my desk but I'm at work and can't read it :C

Today's issue was genius. If you didn't get the ASL stuff, you weren't supposed to

(No major spoilers but I just want to be safe)
Really loved how the issue was basically just Clint being forced to swallow his pride and ask for some help for once. The panels comparing the past and present were brilliant.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
The art's great.

The lack of dialogue means the panels have to speak for themselves and there's a lot of emotion found in them. They're empty because the character's feeling empty, there's lots of 'meta' stuff like that, and Aja's tweet reinforces that.

I think the series pacing is now a bit off but that might just be production delays. Really looking forward to going through it all once it's over, should be good.

Loved the ASL in this issue.

As a kid, I actually learned how to sign the alphabet because my teachers insisted that it'd be a useful skill to know. I never really forgot how to sign, though I'm a bit rusty, the alphabet as a whole. So "reading" this issue and seeing things spelled out in ASL was a fun way to relearn all over again.

Though the pacing has been dragged on by the production, I still think this is easily one of my favorite comic series that I've had read in my life.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The most beautiful and accomplished issue of an already beautiful and accomplished series. Astonishing.

I feel like this and the Pizza Dog issue are both incredibly well executed concept issues, and fantastic examples of why this series gets the hype it does. Aja's work is exceptional.

The end is almost upon us:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55077

Interview with Fraction about the end of Hawkeye.

It's a bit sad to see it end, but it's been a helluv a ride (despite being stuck in traffic for weeks/months on end).

Though there are many books out there, I don't think there will be one like this. And even though I'm awaiting the return of Cassanova and will probably trade wait Sex Criminals, Hawkguy is so far my favorite Fraction series (even beating out the classic Iron Fist run).

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yo, Hawkguys and girls. Issue #20 is out this Wednesday! It's a Katie issue. Loving this from the preview, Kate's mugshot is awesome:

tumblr_nbd071uMkM1qanptoo1_500.jpg

Going to Giants game on Wednesday, need to tell my LCS to hold my physical copy but will probably buy digitally as well so that I can read it before I get my floppy.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
No past experience of any of them.

Ill be sticking around to see what like the new team is, but either way thanks to Fraction im gonna be following most Hawkeye stuff for ever now.

Lemire's GA run was good, I really did enjoy it so it'll be nice to see what he does with Clint.

Clint's deafness hopefully won't be written out, since it really is canon.

B33

Banned
It looks like Marvel has bumped Hawkeye #21 to January 14, 2015 and #22 to February 18, 2015.

Then Hawkeye will relaunch with Lemire and Perez in March of 2015.

OMG YES!

Bro... it's finally happening bros...

Just need to stay strong for these last two issues and I will bawl like a baby before the start of the new series.

This will be epic!

I've seen Rio Bravo, so I know this isn't going to be a happy ending at all but man...

...I love how with such minimal dialogue, the art of David Aja's just speaks so much volume coupled with Matt Hollingsworth's colors making issue #21 a straight up Western in Brooklyn.

I don't think I'll handle the last issue very well, but damn, I don't think I'll ever forget what Matt Fraction, David Aja, Annie Wu and the rest of Team Hawkguy have done with this 22-issue run. Obviously I'll be sticking around for Jeff Lemire & Ramon Perez' run, since I loved Lemire's run on Green Arrow, but who knew that The Rockford Files would be the basis of Hawkeye series - and a fantastic one at that.

I hope Clint straight just killed most of the Tracksuits in this issue.

Bows and arrows are lethal weapons.

And they got that shit coming to them in spades.

Quick

Banned
This thread will hit two years in about a month.

I just hope Hawkeye ends on a high note. Clint needs a happy ending.

I'm hyped for new Hawkeye though.

Top Bottom