• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YO. HAWKGUY. BRO.

Did they just imply that The Valley is not part of LA, those mother fuckers. I am so angry at a comic I can't finish reading this...

haha kidding, like I'd ever stop halfway into a Hawkgal comic.

I laughed harder at that exchange than I should've as it's The Valley that immediately comes to mind when I think about LA.

That genderswap thread's made me sad that Mary Elizabeth Winstead's probably just a bit too old to play Katie Kate. The more I think about it the more I want it :C

Quick

Banned
That genderswap thread's made me sad that Mary Elizabeth Winstead's probably just a bit too old to play Katie Kate. The more I think about it the more I want it :C

I can get behind this.

giphy.gif

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
MEW would have been incredible... at least five years ago. She's still crazy beautiful, but KK needs to be a bit younger. It's all about Alexandra Daddario these days.

As a side note, Googling her name with the safe search off has bumped True Detective to the top my watch list. God. Damn.

Any word on what's on the up and up with Hawkeye?

Anybody reading Black Widow? (besides NotTheGuyYouKill)

I thought we were about to get a crossover, alas...

iDnObSTaodUOt.jpg

There's gonna be a Punisher/Black Widow crossover in August that may affect a third book. Maybe we'll get some Clint action.

Doubt it

I asked when the new Hawkguy is out at my local comic shop yesterday. The girl I asked then spent like 10 minutes on the computer trying to find out anything about it.

Marvel. Sort your shit out pls.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Seriously. So much (well deserved) hype around this book will be lost. I like Wu's art and all, but the last time we got an Aja issue was so long ago. I can't help but want more.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Is it Aja's fault? I havent followed any of the behind the scenes stuff so i've legitimately no idea.

A lot of hype and acclaim is definitely being pissed away though. Bad PR!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Is it Aja's fault? I havent followed any of the behind the scenes stuff so i've legitimately no idea.

A lot of hype and acclaim is definitely being pissed away though. Bad PR!

It seems like a few issues got shuffled around to put Aja's back a couple of months, so I'd guess so. I can handle all this waiting if it means they'll get back on track though and there'll be fewer delays in the future, love this book so much.

I feel like I'm done with this book.

I love it, but the urge, the craving to read it is... gone.

WTF... Bro bro bro...

I look at it this way, the delays for this book is nothing compared to Sherlock. So if you're willing to wait for Sherlock then you'd best be able to handle the wait for Hawkguy.

Don't say that bro! You're like the HawkGAF leader!

That said, between this and Person of Interest...you're not the root (lol) of the delays are you?

I think there's a conspiracy against me!

WTF... Bro bro bro...

I look at it this way, the delays for this book is nothing compared to Sherlock. So if you're willing to wait for Sherlock then you'd best be able to handle the wait for Hawkguy.

It kills my soul, man. It kills my goddamn soul.

Quick

Banned
WTF... Bro bro bro...

Exactly this.

Sherlock is an event, for better or worse. I can stand the delays, at least for now.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The book still has potential, but I'm afraid it has meandered too much with Kate's adventures (which are endearing, but not enough to carry the entire series), not to mention brutal delays. It needs to return to their old powerduo dynamic. I hope they can get back to that.

I've come to realize I just don't like Fraction.
Read The Immortal Iron Fist. It's like Hawkguy with crazy ass mystic Kung Fu and very little meandering, unlike Hawkeye. Sex Criminals is also very, very good, if NSFW as hell.

The book still has potential, but I'm afraid it has meandered too much with Kate's adventures (which are endearing, but not enough to carry the entire series), not to mention brutal delays. It needs to return to their old powerduo dynamic. I hope they can get back to that.

Read The Immortal Iron Fist. It's like Hawkguy with crazy ass mystic Kung Fu and very little meandering, unlike Hawkeye. Sex Criminals is also very, very good, if NSFW as hell.

I have. It is good. I find Sex Criminals distasteful.

Zero315

Banned
All right, so I think I want to start reading this. What's the cheapest way to go about it?

This http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books...ref=item_page:richrel:rr-carousel-small:json1

and this: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books...ref=item_page:richrel:rr-carousel-small:json1 ?

The oversize HC seems to be the same as softcover volumes 1 and 2 combined. Why is volume 3 missing issues 12, 13, 15 and 19?

After the issues collected in the HC the story splits, alternating between Kate and Clint. Volume 3 will be the Kate issues and 4 will be the Clint issues.

Man, the delays really are becoming tired. It's been what, almost two months since the last issue?

With the delays, it feels like I'm waiting for FMA chapter scans all over again...

My God that was brutal...

Lesson to those who complain, this wait is nothing compared to following any manga series...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Just got around to reading the second volume. OMG @ the pizza dog chapter.

btw, is there an end goal in mind with this series or does Fraction intend to keep it going for years and years?

Read The Immortal Iron Fist. It's like Hawkguy with crazy ass mystic Kung Fu and very little meandering, unlike Hawkeye.

What is this. How can I read this. Did Fraction write every issue. Is it still going or is there an end. Is there pizza doges.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
btw, is there an end goal in mind with this series or does Fraction intend to keep it going for years and years?
I don't think there's a clear goal in mind, but there's a certain plot structure going. Alas, the series diverts a bit later on, but you are still probably going to enjoy it a lot more than the people following the comics as they are released (the wait between each issue is brutal and kind of killing the hype).

What is this. How can I read this. Did Fraction write every issue. Is it still going or is there an end. Is there pizza doges.

It was written with Ed Brubaker's help (another mark of quality) and Duane Swierczynski, who took on the later part of the series (you can tell there's some change then, but it's nothing too jarring). It's already wrapped and has several companion books for each Immortal Weapon introduced. It's damn fine. No pizza doges, tho.

Danny Rand is kind of a mess in the same way as Clint, but he keeps a semblance of a personal life (stable-ish friend-girl, even!) and is usually a focused individual when's he's not kicking ass, which is... often. They are both bros.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I don't think there's a clear goal in mind, but there's a certain plot structure going. Alas, the series diverts a bit later on, but you are still probably going to enjoy it a lot more than the people following the comics as they are released (the wait between each issue is brutal and kind of killing the hype).

Yeah, I can't imagine following this (or any comic, really) as each issue is released. Must be maddening. I'm content with just reading a volume every few months or so. I can just forget about it until there's a new one for me to read.

It was written with Ed Brubaker's help (another mark of quality) and Duane Swierczynski, who took on the later part of the series (you can tell there's some change then, but it's nothing too jarring). It's already wrapped and has several companion books for each Immortal Weapon introduced. It's damn fine. No pizza doges, tho.

Sounds good. Got a(n amazon) link to which versions to buy?

Top Bottom