• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YO. HAWKGUY. BRO.

Acid08

Banned
tumblr_mjqzpjwATl1qee52wo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mjqzpjwATl1qee52wo2_1280.jpg

Edit: By Jake Wyatt, who is God

I fucking LOVE this.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Wait, is this thing still ongoing? I take there are no compediums then. I ask this because I prefer to purchase my comics in book form since I hate to store dozens upon dozens of smaller issues.

The art looks gorgeous, BTW. I would totally frame this

and hang it on the bathroom.

This one could fit very nicely in my living room, too

I'm off to see if there are any Aja prints somewhere.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I haven't read any comics in 5+ years but this looks interesting to me. Might give it a shot.

Good thread. This seems right up my alley, going to try and check it out today.

you will NOT be disappointed.

hey isn't Waid's Daredevil supposed to be real good too

yeah yeah yeah that shit was iite BUT READ HAWKEYE that shit is more john blaze than that

tumblr_mjqzpjwATl1qee52wo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mjqzpjwATl1qee52wo2_1280.jpg

Edit: By Jake Wyatt, who is God

captures the Hawkguy feel so well.

THIS is Hawkeye:

bro do you even read comics

The art looks gorgeous...

tumblr_mh1npkvdYQ1rx5ri3o1_500.jpg
Love that piece. Use it as my iPad wallpaper. Love the photo booth comic! Sums up Katie and Clint very well :)

So this thread has convinced me to go and get that trade paper back, and then any back issues after that (if I'm reading correctly theres only 2 more out right now, correct?). I haven't read any comics in awhile (stopped around the end of Siege, I believe, and even during Siege wasn't really reading too much.) I think I'm gonna be picking up the first trade of Saga also. You guys got any other recs? I used to read Fables, is that still any good?
Pick up Locke & Key most def, Chew is a lot of fun too

Wait, is this thing still ongoing? I take there are no compediums then. I ask this because I prefer to purchase my comics in book form since I hate to store dozens upon dozens of smaller issues.

The art looks gorgeous, BTW. I would totally frame this

and hang it on the bathroom.

I'm off to see if there are any Aja prints somewhere.

First TPB on Tuesday. Its awesome, get it.

And fury max is second best.
I totally forgot that was out till issue 8 hit the stands. I ordered the first TPB last night cause Ennis's version of Fury in Punisher MAX is awesome.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's an on-going. 8 issues have been released to date. Issues 1-6 will be in the first TPB coming out on Tuesday. Plus, no lengthy six-issue arcs. It's either solo issues or two parters. Flows much better that way, no padding or bullshit manufactured drama.

8 issues so far I think. No tie-ins with other comics so pick up the trade when it's released this week and enjoy.

Thanks for the infoz. I'm going to cop the TPB this Tuesday. When does TPB #2 come out?

The first trade paperback!

or digital!

It's all self-contained, you don't need to know a single thing about any other comics!

Be sure to check out the artists' playlists on youtube or spotify for the issues!

you the man bro

Thanks for the rec's guys. I'll check out American Vampire, and I actually had the first two trades of Chew and really liked em, might as well catch up again.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
You guys can recommend me some other comic book with the same line of art style?

Immortal Iron Fist vol 1, 2 and 3 by Brubaker and Aja (plus Fraction)
Daredevil: Born Again by Miller & Mazzucchelli.
Nick Fury: Agent of Shield by Jim Steranko.

Gartooth

Possibly my favorite ongoing series right now. It really reignited my love for Hawkeye, and the series humor and style is what sets it apart from other traditional comic books.

DumbNameD

Is the art by the same guy who did Doop's X-Force (X-Farce)?
Matt Fraction also is doing the new FF, an offshoot of the Fantastic Four, with Mike Allred, the artist from that X-Force run. FF is also a fun series, four issues in, though it's dressed up more in superhero theatrics than Hawkeye.

lordmrw

This book is so good I have all the single issues and still plan on buying the trade. Its that god damn spectacular. And add my voice to the ones championing Daredevil, Mark Waid is absolutely killing it on that book.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
What comics should I read starting from issue 1 after that new marvel/dc rebooting bullshit whatever stuff they did last year or the year before or whenever?

This? Daredevil? What else???

Acid08

Banned
What comics should I read starting from issue 1 after that new marvel/dc rebooting bullshit whatever stuff they did last year or the year before or whenever?

This? Daredevil? What else???
All New X-Men
Winter Soldier
Aquaman
Batman Inc

Best comics right now aside from this are All-New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, The Manhattan Projects, Captain America and Aquaman.

I would say Batman Inc. and Winter Soldier but they are coming to an end in the next few months so it may be better to just read those in trade paperback form.

Top Bottom