• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You Don't Know Jack |OT| None of these hostages leaves until Cookie gets his chopper

Jake

isny said:
Anyone pick up the Iphone/Ipad version? It was released on April 14th.

It feels a little clunky, at least on my iPad 1. The timing between questions, bumpers, and rounds, is a little choppy. Not a dealbreaker by any means -- I've had fun playing through a few rounds, no doubt -- but the flow and timing between all the different components isn't perfect, which by any other measure would be "good enough," but the timing, the instant delivery, seems like something Jellyvision is usually striving to achieve, so its noticeable when its not hitting its marks. The UI also doesn't feel quite as polished as the main platforms' UI does. I don't know how to express exactly what is striking me as not quite as polished, but it seems like you can feel the presence of Photoshop more, instead of the hand of the designer. The new iOS specific UI widgets include lots of big outlines, big simple colors, which don't quite blend with the palette and aesthetic of the rest of the game (which has no outlines on text, and which pushes its color design to a few interesting and specific palettes). The credits say the iOS versions were developed partially with a partner developer, though obviously what that actually means is anyone's guess. The iOS port is also single player only, which is a bummer. Shared screen multi on an iPad would be fun on game night.

The content itself is the same quality, solid YDKJ as seen in the PC/360/PS3 games, and as said earlier in the thread, the episodes are new. It's fully voiced and has a lot of animation (though as said above, it's not quite as snazzy feeling as it is on the mainline platforms). Question bumper animations, however, are identical in content to the main platforms,' but they have been reformatted to work in portrait mode (the whole game is played in portrait mode, at least on the iPad).

Edit: Re-reading that, it sounds pretty negative, and maybe that will be enough to make the game a no-go/negative review for some people, but I don't regret buying it. There are some rough edges, but as something to load up on the bus and entertain yourself for 10 minutes in a go (as in, what most people use iOS games for) it's pretty awesome. There's very little iOS content which is totally interactive, and audio focused (read: headphones), and meant to be consumed in quick bursts, and iOS YDKJ fits that bill. It's just a very controlled, specific aspect of what, on other platforms, constitutes the full YDKJ experience.

WEGGLES

Bought this when it was onsale on steam.

Anyone playing the PC version having crashing issues with it?

It'll just lock up randomly and require a full reboot to get out of it. Alt Tab, Ctrl alt Del, Alt F4 etc do nothing.

Susurrus

Anyone else ever play online w/ someone who is obviously cheating or played that episode before? ;l Wish they'd random up the question (at least the order).

And by obviously cheating, I mean as in get EVERY answer correct with the exception of the "wrong answer of the day" which got chosen instead.

lotus1

Neo Member
I was thinking about this game the other day and how it doesn't look like it'll ever get a UK release.

After enjoying the demo I tried to buy the games on demand version via a proxy with my US account but got the message "This game's region does not match this console. It will not be downloaded"

Before I give up completely, would this be possible?

• Put my US account on a usb stick
  • Post it to a friend in America
  • They recover the account on their system
  • Logged in as me they buy the game and dlc but save it to the usb stick
  • Send the stick back to me and I recover it on my system?

I'd never normally bother to go to such trouble to play a game not released in my region but there was just something about this game that grabbed me!

Why is this not on PSN? I really wanted to download and play it while with people. Would get the 360 version but only 2 controllers.

For the PS3 version, I can't find my 4th dualshock. Can one use a move controller for its facebuttons?

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Why is this not on PSN? I really wanted to download and play it while with people. Would get the 360 version but only 2 controllers.

For the PS3 version, I can't find my 4th dualshock. Can one use a move controller for its facebuttons?

You can get any of the xbox versions of the Scene It that come with the 4 big button controllers. They all work with YDKJ.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=videogames&field-keywords=scene+it+xbox
They work on ir so you do have to point them at the receiver.

Top Bottom