• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You Don't Know Jack |OT| None of these hostages leaves until Cookie gets his chopper

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
4 games down -$47,218 total winnings! I need to make more guesses instead of letting time run down or else I'll never get -$1,000,000 at this rate! I am soooo indecisive (and dumb) that its hard ta take a shot in the dark sometimes! I like how theres different commercials after each episode and so much random stuff playing in the background in menus! Being made fun of for being stupid hasn't been this funny in awhiles!

I bought the game launch week for $30 and a Scene It set for $30 at the same time.

Definitely worth it. I get my mother and sister to play YDKJ with me every time my sister drops by. Never got a full 4-players going though.

Edit: For $20 I think I might pick up the DS version for the girlfriend.

From the Quicklook, only 730 questions? That seems way too small. I remember playing the PC version for free w/ non-intrusive ads and limitless questions.

What about us Canadians? I've been waiting for this game to drop from 30 to $20 since launch ( the console version)

where can I buy this in Canada for 20 bucks, I really wants it!!

19Kilo

Been waiting for the 360 version to hit the same price as PC so I snagged it up today. Already done 4 or 5 episodes with 3 players and having a blast. Great game!

Lindsay said:
I just popped the game in and it says theres a 1.01 update and its about 10mb. Anyone know what its for/does?
Not sure, I was playing last night and didn't notice it. I'm just hoping it's for stability. I still have many occasion of not have my button recognized in the Jack Attack or just way too late. I've been trying to play every day to get through more of these episodes so look for me online.

Fox Mulder

any news at this point if the other DLC packs are even coming? They added achievements for like 3 total, but so far they haven't done shit since the first pack.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
BobTheFork said:
Not sure, I was playing last night and didn't notice it. I'm just hoping it's for stability. I still have many occasion of not have my button recognized in the Jack Attack or just way too late. I've been trying to play every day to get through more of these episodes so look for me online.

Whatever the update did it didn't make me less stupid cause I bombed 3 straight episodes today @_@; I haven't touched any form of multiplayer even though I've been meaning ta bring the game over to a friends but I haven't felt any desire to try online.

Lindsay said:
Whatever the update did it didn't make me less stupid cause I bombed 3 straight episodes today @_@; I haven't touched any form of multiplayer even though I've been meaning ta bring the game over to a friends but I haven't felt any desire to try online.
I forgot to wait or make a new player before I did the -1,000,000 trophy. I got -1.4 mil and now i'm at -200k...opps :3

Aaron

Though I liked the previous games, I thought this one was pretty bad. The questions are too easy, the Jack Attack basically removes any reason to answer them anyway, since whoever wins that wins the whole game by far, there are no options to adjust anything to bring the game more in line with something that would be fun for my friends, and the episode format is pointless since there's no real overriding theme to each one.

The dialogue is sharp, but I found the game to be just dull.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Aaron said:
Though I liked the previous games, I thought this one was pretty bad. The questions are too easy, the Jack Attack basically removes any reason to answer them anyway, since whoever wins that wins the whole game by far, there are no options to adjust anything to bring the game more in line with something that would be fun for my friends, and the episode format is pointless since there's no real overriding theme to each one.

Hmm I still think the game is ultimately pretty awesome, and definitely way better than shit like Buzz, but I do agree with all your other points.

Aaron said:

I love the format. The more people you play with the less tilting the Jack Attack becomes, but honestly if the game is already over and decided half way through, that awful. At least it keeps it interesting until the end.

Aaron

BobTheFork said:
I love the format. The more people you play with the less tilting the Jack Attack becomes, but honestly if the game is already over and decided half way through, that awful. At least it keeps it interesting until the end.
Maybe it's just my group of friends where we very rarely don't know the answer to a question, which makes the screws pretty useless also. Whoever is slightly behind gets a big boost from the Dis or Dat, impossible to catch up with so the rest of us are just coasting until Jack Attack, which my friend with the fastest reflexes always wins. We've played 4-5 games now, and it plays out the same each time. So instead of the Jack Attack keeping things interesting, it makes the winner a foregone conclusion.

isny

napkin dispenser
EricHasNoPull said:
Dang it! Guess I will keep waiting for a price drop

It looks like this is going to be the final Amazon Gold Box DOTD today. (Today is all Video Games)

7:00 PM PDT - Upcoming Deal

"Upcoming Deal
Who don't you know?"

Edgeward

Anyone recently picked this up and wants to play some online? I picked this up from the Amazon sale and would like to play some people online who haven't already gotten the answers memorized.

PSN Edgeward34

Nicktals

Banned
Edgeward said:
Anyone recently picked this up and wants to play some online? I picked this up from the Amazon sale and would like to play some people online who haven't already gotten the answers memorized.

PSN Edgeward34

Got this for 15 on the Amazon deal for 360. Should be coming tomorrow. Looking forward to trying it with the girlfriend.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Done!

Games Played: 84
Average Score: $8,771
Total Winnings: $736,786
Prizes Found: 21/73
Current Rating: Clod
Recommended Reading: A 6th-Grader's Book Report

lol

Very fun, very funny, will replay now & then!

ultron87 said:
The alternate animation on Question Four and the follow ups to it might be the greatest thing I've ever seen.

;_;

V_Ben

Banned
So... if I were to want to import this to the UK, where would be the cheapest/best place? PS3 version. Damn THQ for not having a UK release date for this one :(

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Lindsay said:
I've only seen the alternate animation for the 6ix robot. :(

V_Ben said:
So... if I were to want to import this to the UK, where would be the cheapest/best place? PS3 version. Damn THQ for not having a UK release date for this one :(
I can't offer much, I had to ask a very helpful Gaffer to gift me the PC version in trade.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Emerson said:
Supposedly the 2nd DLC is out now?

Ya I saw it on the PSN update earlier. And there was a mystery patch 2 weeks ago. And a demo released last week. And a couple of sales on the game. I hope its doing well~ don't wanna see it vanish from consoles for another 10+ years x_x;

Jake

Emerson said:
Supposedly the 2nd DLC is out now?

Yeah. 2nd DLC is a "best of the website episodes" compilation, so if you religiously played the weekly web game a year and a half ago you may be seeing familiar content. I imagine most people didn't do that, though, so hooray.

ultron87 said:
The alternate animation on Question Four and the follow ups to it might be the greatest thing I've ever seen.

The 2wo alternate always gets a chuckle out of me.

Am I the only person who's afraid to play this because I don't want to finish all the episodes? I'm up to like episode 55 and I'm delaying finishing all the questions because I love playing it with my friends so much, but they're only here like once a month to play.

Definitely picking up all the DLC for it.

yodandy

Just picked this up after randomly trying the demo while looking for a fun game to play w/the GF.

We LOVED it after the 2 demo rounds, went to pick it up at GS, found it for $25 pre-owned.

Been playing a few rounds a night w/the GF and roomate, and loving every minute of it!

I can easily echo most posts about the jack attack, it basically all comes down the that, which sucks, but the rest of the game is all about making fun of wrong answers and being smart asses when you get things right, so its all good.

Getting a group together with some drinks to pregame with this friday night, looking forward to it! Will definitely be getting ALL DLC ever released lol.

bh7812

Banned
I got this game when it came out, and have gladly supported Jellyvision by buying both DLC packs just the other day as well :) I do not mind supporting this kind of DLC at ALL since I know they'll actually add episodes and questions in and aren't you know charging me for a character skin or something already on the disc. I got quite a few trophies today..I figure if I'm gonna platinum any game this is the one I've got the best chance to do that with. I'm not big on trophies but it'd be nice to have at least ONE platinum.

Can anyone tell me if there's a hint/way to find out which question of each episode has the "Wrong Answer Of The Game" Prize? I'm just curious if it's easy to spot which questions are the ones you're looking for.

For those wanting to get the
all 10 questions right in an episode
the Dis or Dat
, and the
Speed demon
trophiy/achievement, I'll provide all the answers for episode 1 below just to kind of help others get those few trophies :)

Episode 1 answers:
Question 1. 63
Question 2. The answer with Sauce in it
3. Who's The Dummy? answer: Guan
4. Capt. Hook
5. Dis or Dat Question: Innocent, Pope. Lucky, Spears song. Urban, Pope. Outrageous, Spears Song. Hilarious, Pope. Toxic, Spears song. Lonely, Spears song.
6. 12 Pez
7. 2009-Tiger Wood's 5th Anniversary, his Wood Anniversary
8. Veggie pizza from Pizza Hut
9. Perfect cleavage
10. Hot fryer
Episode 1 Jack Attack: Clue-The Hair Up There. Medusa, snakes. Chia Pet, leaves. Cabbage Patch Doll, Yarn. Pinhead, pins. Ghiost Rider, fire. Barbie, nylon. Scarecrow, straw

I hope that all spoilers out right! Be careful with the Jack Attack for any episode you've gotten all 10 questions before it right on since if you get even just one of the Jack Attack parts wrong, you won't get the
perfect round
trophy/achievement. It's way easier said than done. It can be intense since even if you know the answer you're looking for, you don't know when the answer you need is gonna pop up causing you to choke and accidentally push the button too soon.

Nicktals

Banned
Oh yeah, this game is awesome. I've only played 2 player with the girlfriend. It has been so much fun. She kicks my ass every time, but the humor and playfulness is so great.

I agree that if you're playing this competitively, the jack attack would kind of suck. But if you're just playing in a party or fun scenario, it's a blast. I don't think I'll ever take this online though.

scottnak

Incendiary said:
Here's the million dollar question: Is it going to have unique episodes or the same stuff from the console versions? If it's unique I will definitely pick it up.
Facebook page says "Coming soon... with completely different questions."

So prehaps so. Video in the link also had unique questions as well.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Well, I booted up the game today just to play a new episode and was greeted with a small Mother's Day opening. Nice touch. ^_^ Happened on PC version at least.

Top Bottom