• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You thought that store-run collection auction was impressive? Not anymore.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Now that's what I'm talking about. His PC Engine collection alone is monstrous.

I wonder if he still has GameGO! debt to pay off?

Why on earth is this man not auctioning off his stuff separately? I'd bid high and often on at least a couple dozen of those PCBs! Nobody's gonna take the whole haul, I guarantee it!

Edit: GameGO?? Is this that total ass who used to run Videogamedepot?

Edit again: Nice ebay name.

BeOnEdge

Banned
that collection is pretty whack. 70,000???? :lol i mean i guess its awesome but its too unreal to be taken seriously. no ones gonna buy that. thats like trying to auction off a public library to a random person.

jiji said:
Nah, Shou wrote a couple of articles for GameGO, but he wasn't involved with VGD.

Oh good.. I really didn't like that guy. He had this nasty habit of slamming tons of great games in their accompanying descriptions, which was not only obnoxious but also seems like it'd make for pretty bad business.

cs060mk2

I'm glad I have sold off most of my consoles and games before it would grow to that size.

You come to a line when you realize maybe you dont need all that shit. I think thats what happened to this guy.

But I also wonder, he spent 20 years on this and suddenly decide to just sell it off.

Tortfeasor

I don't understand how that collection is worth even close to $70,000. Some interesting stuff... I guess it is too japan-focused for my tastes.

I never understood the guys who imported japanese RPG games back in the day. They were unplayable in the sense that you had very little idea as to what was going on. I used to import action games (Mario 64, Wave Race, Castlevania, etc...) as they were very playable without understanding the language.

Tsubaki

Tortfeasor said:
I never understood the guys who imported japanese RPG games back in the day. They were unplayable in the sense that you had very little idea as to what was going on. I used to import action games (Mario 64, Wave Race, Castlevania, etc...) as they were very playable without understanding the language.

You'd be surprised at how many jRPGs are very playable w/o understanding the language.

And who said that Shou doesn't understand Japanese?

Ranger X

shousama10sm.jpg

What is those green and blue thingnies?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Does he honestly expect anyone to buy his collection? Have any other huge collections like this ever sold on eBay in the past? Just curious. :)

Ristamar

Lyte Edge said:
Does he honestly expect anyone to buy his collection? Have any other huge collections like this ever sold on eBay in the past? Just curious. :)

Yeah, I think I remember one or two big collections selling, though I'm sure if they were quite this big or as expensive.

Top Bottom