• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

your Top 5 favorite shows on TV currently

Status
Not open for further replies.

element

No order for me

CSI
I can't miss an episode. Pretty much the reason why I got my Tivo. I love the show.

Nip/Tuck
Go into the show after the first couple episodes. It was a while ride. I am really looking forward to season two, if I can handle it.

Sportscenter
I watch it at least twice a day

Conan O'Brien
Been watching since he started. Got a little stale there, but starting to pick-up again with Secrets and other good bits. Needs to bring back classics like Cuppy the Stanley Cup, Pimpbot 5000, Camel toe Annie, and others.

Penn & Teller Bullshit
I love watching this show and how they rip people apart.

What about all of you?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Alias
Conan O'Brien
Smallville - I heart Kirstin Kruek

I still cant get over the fact my fav.show Angel is gone forever :(

EDIT - 6 SHOWS! CHAPPELLE BABY!

AniHawk

Scrubs
South Park
Conan O'Brien
Arrested Development

Other mentionables are The Simpsons, for its old seasons (and even reruns of new episodes will have jokes you didn't catch before), and Family Guy & Futurama. Both of the latter are now cancelled (though one will be not for long), but they're still regularly watched.

I used to like Malcom in the Middle, but it went from being a dysfunctional family to a cartoony family (like The Simpsons). I don't know what happened to That 70s Show, but I just can't watch it anymore. I saw one episode recently and it was just awful.

hobbitx

Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Not only is this my fav, it's my first serious fandom in years!)

Simpson's (I care not what anyone says, the new eps have me laughing just as much as the old eps.)

Arrested Development (The shows needs more foul mouthed outbursts from Buster, what happened to those?)

Xplay (Love this show!)

South Park (I'm so outta date with this season!)

Reno 911 (Yeah, yeah, I know, I just couldn't leave this one out.)

Off Centre -- I know it got canned a couple of years ago in the States, but we've only just been getting it aired here (albeit 2:30 in the morning!) and it's probably my favourite comedy at the moment. Chau fucking rocks!

Scrubs -- Only gets aired here during the non-ratings period which really baffles me because the same station puts on crap like My Wife and Kids instead.

Letterman -- Rules!

The Shield -- Another show that gets shunned here and left for the non-ratings perios here. I'm looking at buying the DVD's soon.

24 -- Been great TV viewing so far (we're only upto 7am) but it still hasn't topped the first season IMO but heaps better than the second. And to be honest, I'm starting to tire of Jack's character, but Almada has been brilliant.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I might watch maybe 5 hours of TV a week so I don't have 5 shows right now. It's mostly HBO stuff. I think they have some of the best shows on television. I can't stand the sitcoms and most of the other crap on network TV.

Currently watch:
COPS (never gets old - reruns on CourtTV)
Six Feet Under

Will watch when they are on:
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Wire
Sopranos
Big Brother 5 (When does it start? It should be soon b/c it's always airs in the summer.)
Deadwood

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Only things I watch with any degree of regularity:

Various Poker programs
Scrapheap Challenge (and its lesser US cousin, Junkyard Wars)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Hmmm... i don't think I can even manage to list 5 shows. In no particular order.

1. Angel - Latest season of the series is still airing in Australia. I can't believe the end is near :(

2. Glass House - Satirical comedy show which discusses current affairs.

There's other shows I watch like:

Neighbours - an aussie soap
Enough Rope - aussie talk show
Rove Live - entertainment fluff show
Big Brother - another "reality" show

But they're not really "favourites".

edit: Yip dee doo... my 100th post and i'm no longer a junior following this. :p

Scrow said:
Big Brother - another "reality" show

043_merlin_sign.jpg

What an idiot.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
nah, that was cool. it's only Big Brother, I don't know why it caused such a fuss.

besides... he's right.

Well I personally think he's wrong, particularly the position he's in, in not even being an Australian citizen despite years after our Governement granted his father asylum and citizenship. Plus I thought it was very rude of him to snob and not to acknowledge Gretel when on stage.

But this is for another thread.

PS: I never liked the guy when he was in the house anyways, so yeah. The guy's a sook!

signet

StarGate SG1
Monk
Adult Swim (Sealab 2021, ATHF, ect...)
Scrubs
Smallville

Been watching the repeats on Angel on TNT and that show is pretty good too.

BojTrek

Banned
Honestly... I just flip around the tube...

Since Angel finished, I have nothing I watch weekly...

Plus it is summer, I am playing softball 2-3 days a week, and hanging out with the wife and 10 month old.

AssMan

Banned
The Shield -- Another show that gets shunned here and left for the non-ratings perios here. I'm looking at buying the DVD's soon.

What was the rating for season 3?

1. The Shield
2. Seinfeld
3. Chapelle Show
4.Fresh Prince
5. Futurama

SFA_AOK said:
When does the new season start in the US? i.e. When shows like 24 come back?

The season usually starts around October. The next season of 24 won't start until January, but it'll be shown without any breaks or reruns. New episodes every week!

tmdorsey

Last season it was:

The Sopranos
The Chapelle Show
Survivor
South Park

EDIT: Since this is favorites, I had to replace CSI with South Park, because the past season of South Park has been pretty damn good.

MIMIC

Banned
When it's all said and done (in no particular order):

1. 24
2. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
3. South Park
4. Arrested Development
5. Daria

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
1. Scrubs
2. South Park
3. The Daily Show
4. That 70s Show
5. Reno 911!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Law & Order - The only one I don't like is Criminal Intent...which Im actually watchign right now for some reason.

Arrested Development - More people need to watch this show, very funny.

Stargate SG-1 (syndicated) - I only saw a few episodes on Showtime, so I'm just watching the syndicated version so I can go at that pace and not skip around.

CSI Miami - I don't like the regular CSI, but Miami is my new love.

Last Comic Standing

There are a few shows I would take out and some I would add if it wasn't summer. The OC would be up there for sure, as would 24, and Chappelle's Show.

Memles

A whole five...damn.

Alias
The Amazing Race
The Simpsons
Gilmore Girls

Yes, I just wrote down Gilmore Girls. No, I'm NOT on drugs. And yes, I'm male.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
top 5 defunct tv shows:

the office
futurama
the simpsons
ren and stimpy
space ghost coast to coast (still better than any of the newer williams street shows...although i'm really starting to like aqua teen)

Daily Show
I am gonna group all of Adult Swim into one show
Chappelle Show
South Park
Scrubs

These are the most original programs and the ones that make me laugh the most. They all have a brilliant team of writers that are very consistent. I can't really stand most network television shows anymore, they are typically very lame and "family" oriented.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
History Channel (no particular show)

That is all I watch on TV since every other show I like seems to get cancelled (Farscape, Angel, Futurama).

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
C.S.I.
The Practice (and now most likely Fleet Street. William Shatner is great there)
That 70's Show
The Simpsons
King of the Hill

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
RedDwarf said:
C.S.I.
The Practice (and now most likely Fleet Street. William Shatner is great there)
That 70's Show
The Simpsons
King of the Hill

Is that the spinoff show with Allen from the last season of The Practice? He was only on the show for the last season, but he ended up being my favorite character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom