• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube gaming-related content you enjoy

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'll be honest, I just wanted an excuse to post this:

... so anyway, is there any YouTube gaming-related content you enjoy? It could be anything, from dumb stuff like the one I just posted, to 15 minutes reviews of old/weird games or 2 hours thesis videos about the lore of whatever game.

ps: I could swear there is already a thread about this topic but couldn't find it.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Honestly not much. I barely watch youtube stuff these days. It's just cancer. I liked manslayer's stuff but he keeps reposting old shit and has been saying for like 5 years taht hes making new stuff, but isnt.

You prolly know his channel

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
On a (slightly) more serious note, my favorite has to be Running Shine. They've barely made any videos, but they are quite in-depth and thoughtfull.
Plus, his dark and politically incorrect humor really resonates with me.

Love his Ocarina of Time review:

And this one about YIIK is a classic:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I enjoy that eli B dude that put famous actors inside videogames with incredible editing.

Random madness for videogames gore reviews.

Rurikhan for mh related stuff (althought the dude is way too much of a blind capcom fanboy)

Very rarely some cohh

Occasionaly i check the dude who made the series of biden in skyrim (fucking hilarious)

I don't watch any podcast or bullshit stuff like kinda funny, giantbomb etc.

Not much really.

I like gameplay trailers and that's about it. I've never understood the appeal of watching streamers and most other 'content' out there mainly consists of people just thinking that being loud is the same as being funny. I also hate the way videos are edited these days with cuts every half second while the content creator is clearly overreacting to any and everything in an effort to drive engagement and also get themselves a thumbnail image. It's all too fake and manufactured for me to ever take seriously.

Edit - Once in a very long while I will find a playthrough of an old game I don't see myself ever getting around to playing, but it has to be a video where I can't see the streamer's face, and they don't talk. I don't care about them, I just want to see the game.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

I sometimes watch Asmongold.

He can be ignorant at times, but his vids are fun to watch.

Other than that just gameplay trailers, (p)reviews, hands-ons etc.
Typical gaming stuff.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

Mostly retro stuff like kim Justice, LGR, Decino, Pandamonium, Sega Lord X, etc.
LGR is very good. Don't care too much about his gadgets videos but the game reviews are pretty nice to watch.

blue velvet

never did like gaming content. I do remember watching a lot of classic game room reviews and inside gaming/early funhaus videos.

Fbh

Gold Member
I like the "I played X number of souls like games you've never heard of" from Iron Pineapple

It's mostly a fun dive through a bunch of lesser known indie Steam games which you can loosely (sometimes VERY loosely) define as Souls like. Though sometimes he checks out bigger well known games too (like Lies of P or No Rest for the Wicked).

I don't know I just think it's fun seeing these smaller projects highlighted. I've found some cool hidden gems through it (for example that Frogmonster game in this video is really cool) and you can often see some really interesting or creative design even if the devs sometimes can't quite pull it off or avoid the jank or simply don't yet have the skills/budget to realize their vision.

I also like the general tone, it's fun and laid back and he tries to get into every game with an open mind and positive outlook. Even when he is playing some objectively terrible stuff he tries to present his criticism in an objective way instead of just trashing on the game or going for fake outrage.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
MortismalGaming is probably my favorite channel the last few years because our tastes align and he only reviews games he 100%’d.

Laptop1991

I watch Oxhorn, Gopher and Mac from Worthabuy videos quite a bit, Oxhorn and Gopher play the same games i like and play, and i almost always agree with Mac's reviews, I like Luke Stephens videos as well, some i've dropped over the years, i remember Totalbiscuit as well, even though i didn't always agree with him.

Tsaki

At the moment I have this dude in the background having a The Witcher 3 full playthrough. He is so comfy:

I also watch LegendofTotalWar's Legendary Reikland No Defeats Campaign at the moment:

Occasionally I revisit one of Maximillian's Street Fighter videos:

Last edited:

Doom85

Nothing for me will likely ever reach this golden era of 2011-2018.

I know Matt, Pat, and Woolie all do solo content (while IIRC Liam went back to college to pursue another career), which I enjoy to varying extent, but nothing will match following these lovable shitlords together during those years.

Sad Doctor Who GIF

Last edited:

Codes 208

TerminalMontage’s game animations are good, I also still occasionally watch game grumps, markiplier, and the vanoss crew

Orangee

Neo Member
MBG making 4 hours podcast over the smallest news is the most entertaining, hilarious and enjoyable thing to watch on Youtube as a whole. Especially in the background.

BlackCoffee

Neo Member
Nothing for me will likely ever reach this golden era of 2011-2018.

I know Matt, Pat, and Woolie all do solo content (while IIRC Liam went back to college to pursue another career), which I enjoy to varying extent, but nothing will match following these lovable shitlords together during those years.

Sad Doctor Who GIF
No more shitstorm sucks. But srsly "When's Mahvel"?
Sad Feelings GIF

Lots.

I think one of the best niche channels is Nerrel. His RE6 video is so effing funny. He doesnt make a ton of stuff but it's always quality and his voice/delivery is perfection.

SHA

I'm used to laugh at fanboys react videos but not my thing anymore, to be honest, just a sec

Fan made

Pre rendered scenes

Mods

Evo

Voice actors

Fake Trailers

I prefer real contents, talk is cheap.

Last edited:

CherryFalls

Banned
I only watch

WorthABuy

&

SyntheticMan

TintoConCasera

I like Sseth the most.

Glad someone finally posted about Sseth. It's a bit hard to recommend due to all his political incorrectness but man, fuck me if I don't enjoy his content a ton. He also made me get into gems like Kenshi or RimWorld, good stuff.

John Bilbo

Nowadays I watch mostly Electric Underground for his love and understanding of arcade game design, Worthabuy for his sense for immersion in games and Video Game Esoterica for his passion of video game preservation.

bender

What time is it?
My favorite channel:

Also enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/@TheElectricUnderground

(Mark's kind of a mechanics snob but not many go as in depth as he does when analyzing a game).

hinch7

I sometimes watch Asmongold.

He can be ignorant at times, but his vids are fun to watch.

Other than that just gameplay trailers, (p)reviews, hands-ons etc.
Typical gaming stuff.
Yeah Asmond stuff is quite easy to digest and cuts through most of the BS. Same with Worth-a-buy. Calls games as they are.

Second Wind I check out from time to time.

I kind of like GmanLives as well for his takes and coverage on more obsure FPS games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom