• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

Man, those guys work fast. I didn't really like Dueling Network's system though but if they're that good at adding the newest cards then I guess i'll give them another try.

Regiruler

In my experience, you learn rulings better if you stick to dueling network. Not only are you not exposed to some of the glitches, which cause incorrect perceptions of some cards and or workings of the game, but you have to learn the general flow as well and learn to keep better memory of your cards since your not prompted whenever there is a possible activation point.

The Organization prefers to wait until the set's release date so something like the infamous lightpulsar FTK doesn't happen again.

Schadenfreude, you (or anyone else here) can hit me up on DN if you wish. DN name is Regiruler. If I'm not on, you can friend list me. When you message me, just say your x from GAF. If you need help getting acquainted with the new mechanics, need to brush up on old ones, would like a rundown of the new decks and how to play/combat them, or would just like a friendly game (I have some more casual decks), feel free to give me a call.
If you do though, make a post in this thread as well. So I know it's actually someone from GAF.

In my experience, you learn rulings better if you stick to dueling network. Not only are you not exposed to some of the glitches, which cause incorrect perceptions of some cards and or workings of the game, but you have to learn the general flow as well and learn to keep better memory of your cards since your not prompted whenever there is a possible activation point.

The Organization prefers to wait until the set's release date so something like the infamous lightpulsar FTK doesn't happen again.

Schadenfreude, you (or anyone else here) can hit me up on DN if you wish. DN name is Regiruler. If I'm not on, you can friend list me. When you message me, just say your x from GAF. If you need help getting acquainted with the new mechanics, need to brush up on old ones, would like a rundown of the new decks and how to play/combat them, or would just like a friendly game (I have some more casual decks), feel free to give me a call.
If you do though, make a post in this thread as well. So I know it's actually someone from GAF.
Okay. Will do. It'll be nice to know someone on there.

Regiruler

Hey guys, I've been out of the game for a while, but I was wondering if you guys do buying/selling/trading in this thread?

I don't do much B/S/T myself, even on my native yugioh board. I haven't seen any transactions here though.
I think Duelist Groundz and Pojo have some good B/S/T communities. If you're interested I would check out one of the two.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
this the first time I duel someone that uses spellbooks well
usually people just spam without putting any powerhouse on the field

gg

Wiseblade

"I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."

- Abraham Maslow

GG. That match was just me stalling between uses of Fate though.

Regiruler

After watching a few games on DN, while qliphoths are quite good they are not as insane as i thought.

The deck has very little in terms of things that actually interfere with your plays, bar skill drain, but rather prefer to make themselves immune to them.
It's not like Destroyer is the end-all be-all of broken cards that people make it out to be.
EDIT: lol burning abyss. Looks rather boring.

So after a lot of experimenting with different themes (still on the PS3 game), I've developed an appetite for Madolches. The game's missing Anjelly (Primal Origin), which is arguably their most broken card and would help consistency a bit, but when it works the results are freakin' hilarious. Tiaramisu screws everything without prejudice.

Still want to try Ghostricks, but half of them are missing from the game. Will probably mess around with one of the PC programs in the near future.

Regiruler

I'm not on ygopro, but would be happy to duel you on DN if you want.
Recently I've been proxy testing U.A.s. They definitely need more cards but so far it's fun.
EDIT: They've been much more vigilant with the anime dvd releases. BBT is now up on amazon (it's not terribly expensive either and is available through amazon IV as well).

Went to the local sneak peek and I got a Pulao so that was nice. I'm not really interested in the Yang Zings (too much of a money pit in the end) but it's a nice card so i'm happy.

Regiruler

Infernity? Eww. Geargia always seemed pretty boring to me. They got new support recently, did it change the deck much?
Auger is a promo so it's illegal, attacker, mkiii and xg are only available in japan atm so they're illegal, and its most recent support card, geargiagear (which tbh is over a year old), is limited.

Madolche deck just lost to Bujins in the final of the kids' championship.
:(
I know the feeling of ending up with a crapload of Madolches in hand and not being able to do much with them. Final of the main championship (HAT vs Infernity) is about to start.

Edit: Infernity won. lol at the OTK in the second match.

Wiseblade

BOMBA sale for Duel World Carnival in the EU eShop, down to £18. At that price, I tempted to bite out of morbid curiosity.

Regiruler

That's still about $20 right? I wouldn't personally.

Mega Tins are leaking, pretty much every LTGY to LVAL foil you would probably want is in.

Wiseblade

People keep on quitting when they see they're playing against exodia on ygopro lol
Makes sense. Success/failure against an Exodia deck has pretty much nothing to do with your actions. Very few people derive enjoyment out of waiting 5 minutes to be told whether they have lost or not by their opponent.

Regiruler

Makes sense. Success/failure against an Exodia deck has pretty much nothing to do with your actions. Very few people derive enjoyment out of waiting 5 minutes to be told whether they have lost or not by their opponent.

It's basically a time trial unless the exodia player gets really lucky.
That or you are able to essentially "cheat" the exodia player by somehow getting rid of one of their pieces. Milling and or discards is a fairly good method as is activating royal decree.

Wiseblade

It's basically a time trial unless the exodia player gets really lucky.
That or you are able to essentially "cheat" the exodia player by somehow getting rid of one of their pieces. Milling and or discards is a fairly good method as is activating royal decree.
My favourite was summoning Naturia Beast when I played Six Samurai. In Prophecy, I maindeck Kycoo so I look out for opportunities to banish a part.

Still, most people don't have an anti-Exodia option in their main, so a single duel against the deck is essentially down to how well the opponent drew. In the zero-sum game that is YGOPro, there's pretty much no reason to stick around.

Regiruler

My favourite was summoning Naturia Beast when I played Six Samurai. In Prophecy, I maindeck Kycoo so I look out for opportunities to banish a part.

Still, most people don't have an anti-Exodia option in their main, so a single duel against the deck is essentially down to how well the opponent drew. In the zero-sum game that is YGOPro, there's pretty much no reason to stick around.

There's always a chance the opponent slips up or draws poorly.
YGOpro isn't rated though?

EDIT: How on earth are you banishing pieces with Kycoo? Recursion exodia is incredibly unpopular and most just do quick draw.

Wiseblade

There's always a chance the opponent slips up or draws poorly.
YGOpro isn't rated though?

EDIT: How on earth are you banishing pieces with Kycoo? Recursion exodia is incredibly unpopular and most just do quick draw.

It was Recursion Exodia. I basically ran into two guys running it a bunch of times.

EDIT: Ranked YGOPro is pointless as quitting causes both players to lose points.

Regiruler

IMO, complaining about unrated games always feels like pointless whining. Granted I come from DN where that sort of thing is washed away in the tide fairly quickly. You need resolve to make it in rated without being a dick.

DN is out of commission for me indefinitely due to my school's crappy wifi.

Wiseblade

I can't stand DN. Mechanically, it has all of the downsides of local play with none of the benefits. I'd gladly take some cards not working as intended overhaving to explain for the millionth time why TKRO can't negate High Priestess of Prophecy's special summon effect.

Fj0823

I'll destroy your exodia with mine :p

20090913144651!EP004_Metapod_2.png

Regiruler

VJump leak time, prepare your burn heals as the rumored FIRE archetype seems to be real.
EDIT: Apparently the OCG list has been leaked:
Forbidden: None
Limited: El-Shaddoll Construct, El-Shaddoll Winda, Soul Charge, Star Seraph Sovereign, Summoner Monk, Dark Armed Dragon, Sinister Shadow Games
Semi-Limited: Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
Unlimited: Wind-Up Shark, Abyss-sphere, Needlebug Nest

EDIT: Confirmed real

Regiruler

Any hit to Shaddolls is something I can get behind. What did Summoner Monk do to deserve the hit?

Supposedly it was due to star seraph abuse.
Also: Stuff is up on the ORG. I'd directly link it but that might be a violation of GAF's anti-scan policy.

EDIT: Remember the list I posted is the OCG list. That is for Japan and asia.

Been experimenting with a ton of deck types over the last few weeks (still on the PS3 game). Most successful results have probably been Mermails, Geargia and Prophecy.

For Prophecy, I'm running pure High Priestess rather than using World, since the latter always seems to end up in my hand. Been struggling for ages over whether to use 3x Temperance or 3x Justice. Currently using 2 of each until I can make a clear decision, though I'm leaning more towards Justice at the moment.

Deck’s been surprisingly consistent so far, even in Tag Duels where some of my used Spellbooks end up going into my partner's deck with Tower. It's also really fun to play.

Regiruler

The infernoid boss is nuts:

SECE-JP019 Ultra/Ultimate Rare
Infernoid Nehemoth
Level 10
FIRE/Fiend/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or Graveyard) by banishing 3 “Infernoid” monsters total from your hand/Graveyard while the combined Level/Rank of all monsters you control is 8 or less, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: You can destroy all other monsters on the field. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a Spell/Trap Card or Effect is activated: You can Tribute 1 monster you control; negate that activation, and if you do, banish it (This is a Quick Effect).
3000 ATK/3000 DEF

decided to pick this game up again after not playing since 2006.

been using duel network to ease my way back into things. but there's just so much new stuff...

every game is like reading a novel.

Top Bottom