• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

Bought the Gold Series. Wow.. I paid $15 and easily made it back with 1 - 2 cards even.

Planning to sell them on Ebay or Amazon individually.

Also update on YGOpro Android app:
Big improvement on speed. Runs super smoother. Increase on Save Replays.

Hosting for private matches still needs to be added.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well, I downloaded Yu-Gi-Oh Pro, and spent all night playing around with the pre-made decks...I always lost, but it was fun experimenting with the new cards. I tried out those, uh, Boxing Monsters (forgot the name, but basically they could summon each other from the hand or graveyard and had an Xyz Monster) and the Constellars. Some of the shit the new cards can pull of makes me go 0.o.

I found one glitch, though. Bamboo Swords, which reduces the equipped monster's ATK to 0, didn't seem to work. An A.I. opponent used it one me and my monster still had 1700 ATK.

Well, I downloaded Yu-Gi-Oh Pro, and spent all night playing around with the pre-made decks...I always lost, but it was fun experimenting with the new cards. I tried out those, uh, Boxing Monsters (forgot the name, but basically they could summon each other from the hand or graveyard and had an Xyz Monster) and the Constellars. Some of the shit the new cards can pull of makes me go 0.o.

I found one glitch, though. Bamboo Swords, which reduces the equipped monster's ATK to 0, didn't seem to work. An A.I. opponent used it one me and my monster still had 1700 ATK.
I don't think that's a glitch. bamboo sword just doesn't do anything at all except equip to a target monster. You then follow up using Golden Bamboo Sword spell and etc.

Wiseblade

You read that wrong. It doesn't reduce a konster's ATK to 0. Rather, it increases a monster's ATK by 0, essentially doing nothing. You use it vecause there are other cards with powerful effects that rely on "Broken Bamboo Sword" being on the field.

Wichu

IfYoureHappyAndYouKnowIt.jpg

GottaHandItToYou.jpg

Dragons of Legend to be renamed Hands of Legend confirmed.

Fewer hands, more dragons plz :/

Watch Da Birdie

There's even one of Misawa's cards. :)

Speaking of which, I'm rewatching Yu-Gi-Oh GX right now. Not going to lie, I still think GX is by far the best incarnation of Yu-Gi-Oh.

There's even one of Misawa's cards. :)

Speaking of which, I'm rewatching Yu-Gi-Oh GX right now. Not going to lie, I still think GX is by far the best incarnation of Yu-Gi-Oh.
Same here, except I'm watching Season 3 and 4 for the first time. I just finished the "other dimension" arc where the Rainbow Dragon appears, and it's been really good!

Watch Da Birdie

Same here, except I'm watching Season 3 and 4 for the first time. I just finished the "other dimension" arc where the Rainbow Dragon appears, and it's been really good!

Hmm, I think Season 3 has a really solid start and some great episodes (the "Zombie" episodes come to mind), but I also think it gets a bit too over-dramatic at the end.

Season 4, despite being cut short, in my opinion is an excellent send-off that's delightfully over-the-top with some great duels. There's one episode that literally made me go "0.o" at how bizarre it felt for a kid's show.

Wichu

CHARRRRRRGE.jpg

Soul Charge (Normal Spell)
Target any number of monsters in your Graveyard; Special Summon them, and if you do, you lose 1000 Life Points for each monster Special Summoned by this effect. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Soul Charge" per turn.

"I wonder if there's a reason this card was anime exclusive... nah, can't think of anything. PRINT IT"

Watch Da Birdie

I hope the final card revealed for the set is "Fire Dragon".

I'm still salty over that. :(

1897784_10151937307936511_3923913997962631272_a.jpg

Black Sonic - Dragons of Legend When an opponent’s monster declares an attack on a “Blackwing” monster you control: Banish all face-up Attack Position monsters your opponent controls. If you control exactly 3 “Blackwing” monsters (and no other monsters) you can activate this card from your hand.

wth konami

Magwik

Banned
Black Sonic - Dragons of Legend When an opponent’s monster declares an attack on a “Blackwing” monster you control: Banish all face-up Attack Position monsters your opponent controls. If you control exactly 3 “Blackwing” monsters (and no other monsters) you can activate this card from your hand.
JH0957h.gif

Wichu

Black Sonic isn't as terrifying as you guys are making it out to be. It's a conditional Mirror Force that banishes. Yeah, being able to play it from your hand is scary, but also easy to disrupt (all your opponent has to do is to bounce/destroy one of your Blackwings).

It only works if your opponent attacks a Blackwing. If they do that, they're asking for a Kalut anyway. Hence, people will likely try to remove your Blackwing before attacking, or at least have some sort of backup plan.

It's a good card in a Blackwing deck, but nowhere near the level of Soul Charge.

Anyway, The Duelist Alliance/Advent cards have started to appear in the wild. As someone who's not a big fan of Xyz monsters (specifically the generic level 4 toolbox ones like the new Winged Skyblaster Castel), Number Hunter is freaking awesome.

Watch Da Birdie

Hypothetical question: Let's say there's a Continuous Spell Card that allows you to negate the attack of your opponent's monsters multiple times per turn, would that be considered a "Target" Effect? Like if you didn't select the monster, instead just the action of your opponent attacking was negated.

There's no real card I'm thinking of, this is just for a card idea I thought of.

Wiseblade

So the effect would read...

When an Opponent's monster declares an attack: [cost]; negate that attack.

I don't believe it would target unless the cost mentioned targeting the attacking monster. Look at the text on cards like Utopia and Negate Attack for reference.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
BFjhFj9.jpg

Shadow Impulse
Normal Trap Card
When a Synchro Monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle or by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 of those Synchro Monsters; Special Summon from your Extra Deck a Synchro Monster with the same Level and Type as that monster but with a different name. You can only activate 1 “Shadow Impulse” per turn.

so many lv 8s to choose from

Wichu

BFjhFj9.jpg

Shadow Impulse
Normal Trap Card
When a Synchro Monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle or by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 of those Synchro Monsters; Special Summon from your Extra Deck a Synchro Monster with the same Level and Type as that monster but with a different name. You can only activate 1 “Shadow Impulse” per turn.

so many lv 8s to choose from

Needs to be the same type as well (hint: Dragon).

DxSXqvG.jpg

Amulet Dragon
Dark, Level 8, Dragon/Fusion/Effect
"Dark Magician" + 1 Dragon-type monster
Must be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Material Monsters or with “The Eye of Timaeus”, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Special Summoned: You can target any number of Spell Cards in either Graveyard; banish those cards, and if you do, this card gains 100 ATK for each banished. If this card is destroyed: You can target 1 Spellcaster-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.

nNSPiXa.jpg

Mound of the Bound Creator
Field Spell
Level 10 or higher monsters cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. If a Level 10 or higher monster destroys a monster in battle and sends it to the Graveyard: Inflict 1000 damage to the controller of the destroyed monster. When this card on the field is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 DIVINE monster from your Deck to your hand.

Now we're talking.

Watch Da Birdie

Thanks Wiseblade, I think you're correct on that. :)

Anyway, I was looking through the newest set, and it seems that they like Dragons so much they made a new type that's basically pseudo-Dragons, the Genryu Type?

Watch Da Birdie

Man, what happened to Yu-Gi-Oh videogames? I mean, why did the release of them slowdown when we used to get multiple ones yearly?

I like Yu-Gi-Oh Pro, but actually playing a game and having to earn the cards...and scrabbling together a deck with the ones you're given early on...is way more fun for me rather than simply having all the powerful cards at my fingertips.

Speaking of which, I was thinking about going to pick up the latest (2011...) game that came out in NA, which one would you say is better, Over the Nexus, or 5D's Tag Force 5?

Here's hoping Arc-V gets solid game releases and we see them in the West.

Man, what happened to Yu-Gi-Oh videogames? I mean, why did the release of them slowdown when we used to get multiple ones yearly?

I like Yu-Gi-Oh Pro, but actually playing a game and having to earn the cards...and scrabbling together a deck with the ones you're given early on...is way more fun for me rather than simply having all the powerful cards at my fingertips.

Speaking of which, I was thinking about going to pick up the latest (2011...) game that came out in NA, which one would you say is better, Over the Nexus, or 5D's Tag Force 5?

I played a rom version of Nexus. It's alright.
Cool thing about it is the replay feature (first time I saw that in a ygo game).

And imo, Forbidden Memories is the very best =P

bigkrev

You can play Over the Nexus on a 3DS, and you can't play Tag Force on the Vita.

Wichu

Shame Duel Carnival doesn't have the collection building aspect as far as I'm aware - you use character decks in the story mode, and have access to all cards for free duel.

Also, Dragons of Legend is almost completely spoiled thanks to some German leaks. There's not much interesting in the rest of the cards we hadn't seen yet... Carboneddon now supports all level 7 and below Normal Dragons, though (rather than just Hyozanryu as in the anime). Red-Eyes Black Dragon to get its revenge?
I wish

Watch Da Birdie

Whoa, I was JUST watching the episode where Misawa and Judai dueled and he used Carboneddon, and I was wondering if that card would ever get released. Weird.

You can play Over the Nexus on a 3DS, and you can't play Tag Force on the Vita.
Today 12:40 PM

I don't have a Vita anyway. :p

Oh, and in my opinion, the top three Yu-Gi-Oh games are...

1. Duelist of the Roses
2. Nightmare Troubadour
3. Spirit Caller

Well, I decided to to build a Vampire deck after my Fortune Lady deck kinda got screwed over with the ban list. I wanted to get some advice on what I should use in it plus what extra stuff I should get from y'all.

Will buy despite lack of online :(

Apparently there's an update or DLC of some sort that adds Arc-V mechanics. Does that mean it got updated with all the cards since its release?

Oooh, got really excited seeing that, but it turns out it's a Pendulum Summon teaching demo that you get for buying the starter pack. Not a (much needed) Duel Carnival update.

Well, if the game does get localized then that at least means getting the rest of Anna's cards, which will be a good match with the ones released in Dragons of Legend.

Wichu

Oooh, got really excited seeing that, but it turns out it's a Pendulum Summon teaching demo that you get for buying the starter pack. Not a (much needed) Duel Carnival update.

Well, if the game does get localized then that at least means getting the rest of Anna's cards, which will be a good match with the ones released in Dragons of Legend.

Damnit random YouTuber :/

Well, the game apparently goes up to Shadow Specters, so it'll only be two or three sets behind when it comes out... I wanted Dragons of Legend :(

Watch Da Birdie

No game stores had Over the Nexus, so I ended up buying World Championship 2010.

I forgot how ugly the DS Yu-Gi-Oh games became...Nightmare Troubadour and Spirit Caller I recall looked really nice and clean, but this one has an interface that looks like the GBA game.

That being said, I like it far more than Tag Force 4 which I tried to play first. Something about Tag Force just bothers me...I don't like the way you progress through the game, it's sort of dull, and the load times get on my nerves. The DS game is much more varied...you have exploration elements, Speed Duels, etc., it's enough to forgive it's ugly looks. Much better layout too with the dual-screens and it's so much quicker.

Apparently 2010 has a "game-breaking glitch" where you can get stuck at a Save Point, anyone know exactly where and when this is so I can avoid it? Something about not doing a Structure Deck Duel after doing a Duel Runner training?

Am I the only one that thinks the running around part of action duals silly? I like the series but hate when the characters jump around or run while dualing.

Am I the only one that thinks the running around part of action duals silly? I like the series but hate when the characters jump around or run while dualing.
Isn't the point of action dueling is b'cuz it's the next step of dueling and technology? Their lifestyle is revolved around it rather than being regular dueling and on duel riders.

The theme is now showmanship. Our main character Yuya is an entertainer, just like his father was before his disappearance. But I do understand what you're saying, they're focusing a little much on it rather than doing more dueling. If Konami continues with this idea that the show needs more of it than actually dueling than they're gonna lose viewers fast.

Wichu

No game stores had Over the Nexus, so I ended up buying World Championship 2010.

I forgot how ugly the DS Yu-Gi-Oh games became...Nightmare Troubadour and Spirit Caller I recall looked really nice and clean, but this one has an interface that looks like the GBA game.

That being said, I like it far more than Tag Force 4 which I tried to play first. Something about Tag Force just bothers me...I don't like the way you progress through the game, it's sort of dull, and the load times get on my nerves. The DS game is much more varied...you have exploration elements, Speed Duels, etc., it's enough to forgive it's ugly looks. Much better layout too with the dual-screens and it's so much quicker.

Apparently 2010 has a "game-breaking glitch" where you can get stuck at a Save Point, anyone know exactly where and when this is so I can avoid it? Something about not doing a Structure Deck Duel after doing a Duel Runner training?

I preferred some aspects of 2010 over 2011. 2010 has a much better story mode, more varied music (I think it has all the music from the previous WC games, while 2011 is all new), and sprites for all the monsters while they're on the field. Oh, and 2010 has the Forbidden Memories fusion animation.

The main reason I bought 2011 is for more cards; it's a shame they removed things from 2010 :(

Anyway, now that Dragons of Legend and The Duelist Alliance are up on DevPro, I've been messing around with Mound of the Bound Creator. Get a good Level 10 out (Naturia Exterio lock FTW), and you're pretty much guaranteed to win.

Watch Da Birdie

I'm really loving the music in 2010, it's really catchy...

I forgot about the stupid box puzzles and stealth sections that were carried over from Stardust Accelerator, what the fuck?

Anyway, I'm re-watching GX right now, and I forgot how amazing Chronos was. GX had the best rivals next to Kaiba.

Watch Da Birdie

Another question:

When Bait Doll activates a Trap, is that Trap considered Chain Link 2? Like if you activate Mirror Force with it, but it's timing is incorrect and it's destroyed, would Bait Doll be Chain Link 1, and the Trap Chain Link 2?

Like, would Combo Master's effect be usable by having Bait Doll force a Chain Link of 2?

So the Ygopro Android App has been out for a little over a week with an improved version but not the latest version like its other counterpart.

Which I wanted to ask you guys, how do you feel about Soul Charge, Pendulum Summoning, and not being able to draw at first turn?

Also, Arc-V is pretty good series so far. Yuya sorta reminds me of Jaden from GX being a top duelist and a slacker at times but more of a joker and entertainer. The kid should be getting paid by sponsors and making all that dough and fame being the new world champ action duelist. Since this show pretty much raised the bar in dueling with hard light technology being potentially dangerous depending on the right circumstances, would that eliminate the usual formula writing in past shows where the "Damage is real and if you're lost then so is your Soul(s)!" / Armageddon?

Top Bottom