• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist Updated (PS4/XB1), New DLC added, PC release "next"

yu-gi-oh-legacy-of-the-duelist-676x380.jpg

Updated yesterday to include 2 new in-game packs of Gong Strong and Zuzu Boyle. Banlist updated to April 2016. Cards go up to Shining Victories.

New DLC $4.99 each

Waking the Dragon: Yugi's Journey (Fang of Critias and Aromages)
Waking the Dragon: Joey's Journey (Red-Eyes and PSY-Frames)
GX Leaders (Toons and Kaijus)
ARC-V League Champion (Prediction Princess and Igknights)
ARC-V Declan vs. Celina (D/D/D, Zefra, and Lunalight)
ARC-V Yuya vs. Crow (Majespecter and Kozmo)
ARC-V Shay vs. Dennis (Raidraptor and Performage)
ARC-V Jack vs. Yuya (Red Dragon Archfiend and Dinomist)
ARC-V Yugo's Synchro Dimension (Speedroid and Goyo)

Konami says PC fans are next

Regiruler

They have some of the loosest ties I've ever seen in some of those DLC packs.

What on earth do PSY have to do with waking the dragons?

patchday

Looking forward to PC release date announcement. Nice looking OP there. console ver sounds a little tempting but really looking for the pc ver

Goddamit Konami, you always find a way to fuck up. I want my Dark Magician support :(

Actually some of the Dark Magician support IS in, strangely enough. I've seen Robe and Ebon Illusion but off the top of my head, haven't seen anything else.

Actually some of the Dark Magician support IS in, strangely enough. I've seen Robe and Ebon Illusion but off the top of my head, haven't seen anything else.

Robe and Ebon Illusion were included in Shining Victories Special Edition so I'm guessing that's why they are in

Fj0823

Up to Shinning Victories is was away better than what we previously had.

Any word on technical upgrades?

Wichu

Ebon Illusion and Robe were actually available as promos before TDIL. Ebon Illusion was a magazine promo a couple of years ago, and Robe was a preview card in Shining Victories Special Edition. I understand Ebon Illusion, but I'm kinda suprised they'd put in Robe.

EDIT: Beaten.

yllekz

Banned
Eager to see the PC version. I haven't touched Yu-Gi-Oh in years (only ever seen the first US anime and only played the TCG for a bit in the early 2000s) and this will be a nice little thing to have on Steam.

Rewatching the original anime now.

Hopeford

I'm interested for when this comes to PC since I still find Yugioh fun but don't have the time/patience to learn the metagame to play with actual people.

That said, whoa that DLC seems...expensive. How essential is the DLC? Can you not have all cards if you don't buy it?

I'd like to play it on Steam. I've seen some of the anime and all of Abridged. I'd like to see how the card game has changed, and learn more about the other series.

Sandfox

I'm interested for when this comes to PC since I still find Yugioh fun but don't have the time/patience to learn the metagame to play with actual people.

That said, whoa that DLC seems...expensive. How essential is the DLC? Can you not have all cards if you don't buy it?
To get the good cards belonging to the archetypes listed and certain staples you are required to buy the DLC

I was excited for the Steam version and this update. Then I saw most of the cards I wanted are scattered across at least four $5 dlc packs. Yeah...I think I'll stick to my physical decks

We don't know. We have had 0 informative about the PC version only that's it's actually coming to PC.

I've been checking almost every day since it's been announced.

Thanks, hopefully they will release some info soon on that. The DLC prices are just annoying. Cause even if you pay the $5 you still have to unlock the deck with the in game currency so its not like you can use the cards ASAP.

norm9

How's this game? I've gotten into trading card games lately, most recently Magic Duels, and with gameshare my friend bought it so that means I have it too. Worth checking out?

How's this game? I've gotten into trading card games lately, most recently Magic Duels, and with gameshare my friend bought it so that means I have it too. Worth checking out?

I would recommend you try it. There is single player duels so you can make any deck and kill them. Use all the forbidden cards you want. Its a lot of fun using Exodia to just cream all the cpu duels lol.

They also have a cool feature where you can reverse the duel to unlock cards from the hero character vs the usual villain character.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The DLC strategy for this game is so bad. Even if all the old DLC was a $10 pack and all the new DLC was a $10 pack it would still feel a little expensive, but reasonable. But as is it's a blatant, embarrassing money grab that is almost disrespectful to their customers.

Hopeford

To get the good cards belonging to the archetypes listed and certain staples you are required to buy the DLC

Oh...that sucks, gonna pass on the game then. Not gonna spend that much money on DLC. One of the main reasons I prefer the games to real cards is not having to spend that much money haha.

Thanks for the reply though!

Trace

Banned
Will wait for the complete package at some point. Not exactly a fan of locking cards behind DLC in a pay to play game, although I'm ok with it in F2P.

Swarna

Saw this on the store today, was about to INSTA buy but wtf $85 of locked cards lmao. I can already tell this game will have no player base just because of that.

RedFury

Welp I'm out. Seriously when this game came out for PS4 I instant bought and thought this is probably the best handled Konami game. 80 bucks of locked DLC?...

"FUCK KONAMI"

Fj0823

To be Fair, the base game has a shiton of decks.

The DLC is just some character decks from the new series

But that amount of DLC is pretty stupid

RedFury

To be Fair, the base game has a shiton of decks.

The DLC is just some character decks from the new series

But that amount of DLC is pretty stupid
Thats the issue though. The value proposition just isn't there. For 20 you get the game (with over 1000 cards) the DLCs are 84 dollars and it's only a fraction of the cards in main game. Just doesn't make sense.

Do they have cross-platform?
Would like to buy it for Steam but I'm a bit worried about online since it seems barebones and I want to play crap decks and not face whatever the kids are running these days. I checked when they introduced Synchro summons, so they are still new to me.

Also can you challenge players on your steam friends list?

Nephilim

Banned
I put a lot of time in this game on ps4 but stopped because of the following reasons

Ranking is a joke. The number one guy on there (while a cool dude) is only on there cause he damn near plays 24/7. Its based off how much you play versus beating certain people. The highest I got was top 100 but ive beat the top players MULTIPLE times (winning record) not a brag btw. The number one person even told me I was his hardest opponent lol

Rage quits galore, no penalty

Semi Toxic, not sure how it will be on Steam.

Other than that, pretty good yugioh game lol. I wont be playing again due to what I mentioned and the new banlist. I was a shaddol player.

Top Bottom