• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YuGiOh Legacy of the duelist PS4 tournament (with story deck side event)

I beat bluesun 2-0 in the main tournament. You had some good ideas, but I was lucky enough to have a method to counter your best one that first match

Macklelol, I'm up against you on both tournaments now.

GG Rrongfield. Lost 2-0.

I fucked up so much in game 2 and forgot you played Maxx C when I was using Junk Box. :(
It was a good and fun game nonetheless.
You did give me too much advantage with the Maxx on game 2.

Miracle

Macklelol, I'm up against you on both tournaments now.

It was a good and fun game nonetheless.
You did give me too much advantage with the Maxx on game 2.

Yeah I literally would have been better off if I just let my guy die instead of special summoning anything lol :(

I got a really good hand both games.The deck I choose can suck balls with a bad starting hand since it's pretty slow most of the time

The deck I chose matched up very poorly to your one anyway so I assume you would have won regardless. Plus my deck had a bunch of terrible dead cards in it thanks to the anime I guess :p

My match with Cow Goes Moo hopefully should be in around four hours.

Has anyone recorded their matches so far? Wondering if that's still a thing I should do.

macklelol

I'll be recording all my matches, main and story tournament matches. I think I'll upload the story deck matches sooner rather than later, since we can use any story deck and the contents of those decks are not private.

My match with Cow Goes Moo hopefully should be in around four hours.

Has anyone recorded their matches so far? Wondering if that's still a thing I should do.

Macklelol mentioned recording our matches in the side tournament so you'll have that when they decide to put it up.
I made some terrible misplays in that one, so it should be fun to watch :p

I'll record on my end too. Also whoever loses in group I, I won't be home till tonight EST so be prepared to wait for the duel.

Boogiepop

Just lost 2-1 to RE_Player. Good games, that was really, really close! Also, I maaaaay have not played the best (I ended up having literally 0 time to practice with my deck and it was kind of built from someone else's list so I didn't really know how exactly to play it. So I probably did some real questionable plays in game 2 at least, but I don't know.) So hoping to fix that at least a little before playing loser's bracket!

But yeah, great games, and sorry if the above comes across as sour grapes at all, because it was totally me just not scheduling time to figure things out. And good luck continuing forward!

Edit: And that third game was a hell of a lot of fun since it got so intense! For reference I had like 150 lp and was top decking for a few turns! It was crazy!

RE_Player

Dude it was super close. One wrong draw and I would have been toast. If you would have countered my last move I wouldn't have been able to summon a monster strong enough to take away the life points I needed and I would have been done.

Boogiepop

Dude it was super close. One wrong draw and I would have been toast. If you would have countered my last move I wouldn't have been able to summon a monster strong enough to take away the life points I needed and I would have been done.
Yeah, it was a great game. Also, GustyGardner: if you get back like immediately I may be able to slot in a match like right now, but if not it'll probably need to wait a couple hours. Either way I guess let me know as to your availability.

Edit: Actually, probably better make it a few hours regardless. Trying to juggle watching a baby and playing card games is not a good combo!

Yeah, it was a great game. Also, GustyGardner: if you get back like immediately I may be able to slot in a match like right now, but if not it'll probably need to wait a couple hours. Either way I guess let me know as to your availability.

Edit: Actually, probably better make it a few hours regardless. Trying to juggle watching a baby and playing card games is not a good combo!

A few hours will be 3 am here in England so that's not ideal for me. We will probably have to wait for tomorrow unfortunately but I'll let you know as soon as I have a good chunk of time free then.

Boogiepop

A few hours will be 3 am here in England so that's not ideal for me. We will probably have to wait for tomorrow unfortunately but I'll let you know as soon as I have a good chunk of time free then.
If it's better for you then I may be available in a few minutes, but tomorrow would definitely be good for me.

Miracle

2-0 in main tournament losers bracket.

Hell of a game RE_Player. I had pretty much the win in game 2 but for some reason our game there froze. I had that happen once BEFORE a match started but never in the middle of it. -_-

Anyway I won't be on for the rest of the night due to packing up for a long trip. I will be on tomorrow however for whoever I challenge next.

Game 1 again for me was intense as fuck. It was like a Yugioh Anime duel winning only by 500 LP. XD

macklelol

I was thinking I should edit my first post in this thread to list all the matches people recorded and uploaded for these tournaments. I'll probably start doing it once I get around to uploading my first matches.

I ended up beating JVIDICAN 2-1 in the main tournament.

Man, the heart of the cards guided me so hard in that second duel. One of the only three cards in my deck that could stop me from getting hosed, and that clutch Upstart Goblin drew it for me!

Thanks for the duels, man.

Top Bottom