• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YuGiOh Legacy of the duelist PS4 tournament (with story deck side event)

JVIDICAN

I ended up beating JVIDICAN 2-1 in the main tournament.

Man, the heart of the cards guided me so hard in that second duel. One of the only three cards in my deck that could stop me from getting hosed, and that clutch Upstart Goblin drew it for me!

Thanks for the duels, man.
Good games! First deck of that kind I've gone against. Hopefully I'll see you at the top.😆

Out of curiosity is the time limit for card swaps between matches supposed to be really short? i barely had time to process what i was doing in that screen.xD

Also, kind of interesting that nobody from the first tournament has lost yet. Though that'll change with my match against SirAndroid, regardless of who wins

Good games! First deck of that kind I've gone against. Hopefully I'll see you at the top.😆

Out of curiosity is the time limit for card swaps between matches supposed to be really short? i barely had time to process what i was doing in that screen.xD
Thanks.

And yeah, it's always super rushed for me too. I get paranoid about side decking now.

Also, kind of interesting that nobody from the first tournament has lost yet. Though that'll change with my match against SirAndroid, regardless of who wins
It's because we're the best at Yugiohs.
Kappa

Miracle

So who am I facing tomorrow in the X Round in the Losers Bracket? Or is that not decided yet? I can't tell if it's up to date or not.

Why would I rue it, I currently haven't lost a round in the main tournament LOL

That will all change once I'm victorious in the losers bracket and come back! Believe it!

Now I'm really curious what deck Shadowcreep is using this time. I guess I'll see if I win next round

Also congrats to Shadowcreep for making winner's finals, means you'll be getting a prize for sure

If I lose my next match then lose in losers I could not get any prize right?
Edit
wait im just stupid

I'm also wondering about your deck

macklelol

Apologies in advance if I end up holding up either of the tournaments. There's a 7 hour difference in time zones between Rrongfield and I, and our schedules don't really match up that well either.

Still, we have set up a time to duel tomorrow (Sunday), but even then I think I only have enough time to do one of our two matches. Unless we both play real quick lol.

So I uploaded the videos from my first Story Deck Tourney match! (I recommend setting the speed on Youtube to either 1.5x or 2x just to speed up the games)

Here is game one.

And here is game two.

I got permission from Cow Goes Boom to upload these, so enjoy! I probably won't upload any of my Main Tournament games until after the tournament is over, to keep everyone's deck private, but I'm planning on recording and uploading them all eventually.

macklelol

So I uploaded the videos from my first Story Deck Tourney match! (I recommend setting the speed on Youtube to either 1.5x or 2x just to speed up the games)

Here is game one.

And here is game two.

I got permission from Cow Goes Boom to upload these, so enjoy! I probably won't upload any of my Main Tournament games until after the tournament is over, to keep everyone's deck private, but I'm planning on recording and uploading them all eventually.

lol game 2

What a way to win.

I uploaded my match against GustyGardner:

Game 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrsxHFPDgEs
Game 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3kSEHWB9Bc

Whip Snake is OP lol.

Oh, and I added these vids to my first post in this thread, to make it easier to find.

Huh, rewatching that first game I noticed Mystical Space Typhoon destroyed your pendulum despite Stargazer's effect seemingly stating that it shouldn't have. What am I missing here?

Yeah and that Whip Snake was brutal, especially since all of the dinos I used had low DEF.

macklelol

Huh, rewatching that first game I noticed Mystical Space Typhoon destroyed your pendulum despite Stargazer's effect seemingly stating that it shouldn't have. What am I missing here?

Yeah and that Whip Snake was brutal, especially since all of the dinos I used had low DEF.

That effect for Stargazer Magician is its monster effect, it isn't applied while it is in the Pendulum zone.

That effect for Stargazer Magician is its monster effect, it isn't applied while it is in the Pendulum zone.

Oh of course, I feel dumb now because in the second game I was in the mindset that if I drew my Typhoon I couldn't use it on your Odd Eyes due to Stargazer's effect. Probably for the best that it never reached my hand then.

RE_Player

Just a heads up for whoever places in the top 3 I'll give you Amazon credit to whatever email address you request, also make sure to say which Amazon with either Amazon.com or Amazon.ca

Also be patient I'll give them out on Wednesday when I get my pay cheque.

macklelol

Lost 2-0 in the main tournament against Rrongfield! GG!

I don't think this current deck is gonna be working out so time to switch it up.

What the fuck happened that first duel. Winda's effect should have limited us to one special summon a turn each. which would've prevented that last move that beat me

Ah well, I lost 2-0

Checked rulings, and I'm really fucking confused as to how Winda's effect didn't work. By all accounts, it should have stopped that synchro at the end at least, and I don't remmeber you using any effect negation

Checked rulings, and I'm really fucking confused as to how Winda's effect didn't work. By all accounts, it should have stopped that synchro at the end at least, and I don't remmeber you using any effect negation
...I didn't activate anything of the sort. As soon as I finish this story duel I'll try to investigate.

...I didn't activate anything of the sort. As soon as I finish this story duel I'll try to investigate.

I checked rulings, and it only applies after the summon, so we each should have been able to special summon once that turn after it was summoned (My shadoll falco was mine, but you summoned at least twice with the emergency teleport into synchro). And it's frustrating because I feel like without that move, I was easily in the better position at that point

macklelol

Won against Rrongfield in the story side tournament, 2-0. GGs, seems like you had some pretty bad draws throughout those duels.

I checked rulings, and it only applies after the summon, so we each should have been able to special summon once that turn after it was summoned (My shadoll falco was mine, but you summoned at least twice with the emergency teleport into synchro). And it's frustrating because I feel like without that move, I was easily in the better position at that point
Checking the rulings, I have to agree with you. Do you want to repeat it?
Also, did you happen to record it as well?

Won against Rrongfield in the story side tournament, 2-0. GGs, seems like you had some pretty bad draws throughout those duels.
They were absolutely horrendous.
Anyway, great duel.

Checking the rulings, I have to agree with you. Do you want to repeat it?
Also, did you happen to record it as well?

They were absolutely horrendous.
Anyway, great duel.

I didn't record it. I'd be up for repeating the match, though i'd have to find out how to fix the bracket if the results change. We going to repeat the match entirely, or make it 1-1 and just have one final round?

I didn't record it. I'd be up for repeating the match, though i'd have to find out how to fix the bracket if the results change. We going to repeat the match entirely, or make it 1-1 and just have one final round?
I'm pretty sure you can edit results in challonge.
I'd prefer a 1-1 w/ final round. I'd have lost the first one if it wasn't for the Winda glitch. But you're the TO, so it's your call I guess.

I'm pretty sure you can edit results in challonge.
I'd prefer a 1-1 w/ final round. I'd have lost the first one if it wasn't for the Winda glitch. But you're the TO, so it's your call I guess.

Ok, that's what I prefered, but I didn't want to seem biased since I'm organizing this. We'll have one more round then

Lost 2-0 to SirAndroid.

The cards were really with him. The first duel I got about 4 dead draws which really screwed me over since a special monster was in my hand that needed to be in my deck. He also drew 2 copies of a certain card so that really screwed over my attack potential.

2nd duel was also a dud in draws. Makes me sad since its been the bad draws thats really causing me to lose the duels.

While I am out of the tournament, I'm up for dueling anyone so just send a PM or something. GGs to everyone and good luck to all the remaining players.

Top Bottom