• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack Snyder’s Twilight of the Gods - an adult animated series based on Norse mythology | Netflix - Sept. 19

gow3isben

Thor was done justice and some of the action was good

Otherwise was pretty mid

I liked how main girl boss character wasn’t that OP or even the strongest in her group

Will watch season 2 as I love this norse shit

Last edited:

8bitpill

This is just a 21st century telling of Norse Mythology. I just finished up watching it today.

The story is riddle with your typical Netflix production troupe. Netflix checklist for any production they fund, Villainous caucasian higher archery, poly relationships, transgender, bisexual, guilt ridden european, borderline furry characters, race swapping (Freya), and the list goes on.

The marks it hits with is the ultra violence, and pacing.

I was interested to watch it when I watched the trailer. Norse mythology has grown quite a bit over the last twenty years. Twilight of the Gods is definitely aimed as an all inclusive norse tale. By the end of the final episode I didn't really feel anything other than a couple of cool animated visuals, and the ultra violence.

Zack Sander really only made two notable films in the last twenty five years and they were Dawn of the Dead, and Watchmen.

7b64ae59-e28c-4526-9842-8f9930a57aee_text.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom