• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Dr.Hadji

It's not poor judgment at all. What's the difference between this game having 1 score that different from the rest when 19 out of the other 20 are fantastic...and a game like Call of Duty or Ocarina of Time which has the same spread?

The question isn't whether one review has holes (which is a valid point as you mentioned the Wii U Zelda)...it's really whether the other 19 are using significantly different parameters to measure quality or greatness than I am.

Sounds like a wordy way of saying " I pretty much made up my mind about this game before hand and found a review to back up my feelings".

I mean, the content of all the reviews are pretty much the same. Other reviews talk about the same things Destructiod talks about in its review. The only difference is, Destructiod paints it in a negative light while the others pretty much don't. When you haven't played the game, and the reviews talk about things only someone playing the game would know, why would you completely back the sole outlier?

Woah they describe it as the "best looking 3DS game". I'm the first to defend the graphical style, but...

A few weeks ago they called Pokemon X/Y the best looking 3DS game. So they may either be crazy or they don't play a lot of 3DS games.

maxcriden

Woo! Thanks! I'm currently... at the top :\ I am obsessed with this game man. It has actually been in my dreams.

Sure thing! The other night I dreamt my co-worker was trying to cheer up a real-life Luigi, by having us all jump and pump our fists in the air along with him...yeah...I've been playing a lot of Dream Team...

maxcriden

Wait what's this about Majora's Mask connections I'm hearing about?
other than the Majora's mask at the shop

I don't think it's known, quite yet. I think a lot of us are hoping for a Grezzo-made MM remake for 3DS next year, though. I could see it coming out in about a year.

Blues1990

Yeah! I'm kinda keen for this game. Also Zelda 2 style Link is best Link.

Off-Topic: You wouldn't happen to have an art blog, tumblr, or a portfolio website that showcases your stuff?

On-Topic: If I'm able to complete my Lunatic+ campaign on Fire Emblem: Awakening, then I might go & give this a shot. I'll be picking it up for my sister, as Super Mario 3D World has caught my eye at the moment.

maxcriden

Oh mans. So excited to play this. Gif to celebrate!

zelda_02_zps459835e1.gif

That's incredible!

ETA: It's very relaxing to look at your drawing with this playing in the background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrCGpPZ8CCE

Aonuma hinted at an additional connection at the end of the game, didn't he?

Are we sure that's it? Aonuma's comments, at I think NYCC, seemed to hint at there being at least a little more to it than that....

Depends, did he have a translator? I know there's something that will "keep us playing for a while" apart from Hero Mode that reviewers don't want to/can't spoil.

Are you getting the Special Edition XL?

No. I definitely want an XL at some point but;

1) I don't want to have to wait for when I can afford that to play ALBW
2) I don't like that it's all gold on the inside...

Sounds like a wordy way of saying " I pretty much made up my mind about this game before hand and found a review to back up my feelings".

I mean, the content of all the reviews are pretty much the same. Other reviews talk about the same things Destructiod talks about in its review. The only difference is, Destructiod paints it in a negative light while the others pretty much don't. When you haven't played the game, and the reviews talk about things only someone playing the game would know, why would you completely back the sole outlier?

MasterBalls has proven that I was wrong to do that because I did go back and re-read it to understand what he was saying. I see his points.

The burden of proof was on me after all, since I'm the one who made a blunt post (speaking of being wordy XD) that didn't add much to the discussion or thread in the end (and I still ended up being wrong), and that fault is mine too. I wish I didn't post it.

All that said, without the review in question, I still took many of the differences in a negative way. I just don't see the differences in a positive light at the moment...and I actually want to. I don't see this being a game I would ask my family to get me as a Christmas gift or head to the store to pre-order...yet.

agnidragon

Neo Member
I posted this in the trailer thread, but I'll share the temptation again.

Spotted at Walmart last night, so close but so far away.

I'm gonna have to either wait till Christmas for this game and treat myself or wait much longer. Damn PS4 using all my money up.

They are already selling these in the Walmart in my town. If I didn't have a 3DS I would have bought it. Can't wait till Friday!

Jhoan

here's this beautiful, tempting stack:

tCiX3xT.jpg

I pre-ordered one of these bad boys from Best Buy's website; it'll be at my house right before Thanksgiving. Screw next gen consoles (save for a WiiU which is on my to get list first) 3DS is where the party is at. I might sell off my digital code to get the physical game. The IGN unboxing video of it made me bite the bullet since it looks so gorgeous. I'm really looking forward to it.

Neo Samus

my local walmart had the ALBW XLs on the shelf. I didn't try ringing it up (don't need a new 3ds) though.

I live in the Chicagoland area and I saw them for sale too. I actually asked some one "doesn't this come out next Friday?" And so one of the employees scanned the barcode and it said 11/22. So they pulled the units.

Oops.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I don't always not want to play a game.

But when I do I make sure to post about it in the OT

BY2K

Membero Americo
Who else is gonna go the GameStop on Friday, pick up this and 3D World, flip the bird to an Xbox One and leave?

Sorian

Banned
Who else is gonna go the GameStop on Friday, pick up this and 3D World, flip the bird to an Xbox One and leave?

*raises hand* Going to GS at midnight to get my special edition XL then gonna tell the XBO line to have fun dudebroing.

AEREC

Wondering if I should go out and buy a Wiimote so I can play LttP on my WiiU. Really wish they would bring SNES and GBA games to 3DS.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Wondering if I should go out and buy a Wiimote so I can play LttP on my WiiU. Really wish they would bring SNES and GBA games to 3DS.

You'll need the classic controller as well

Just a heads up

Top Bottom